Sponsored

Airbag Recall - Nightmare or just fine ?

OP
OP
Nw_adventure

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My bags are on order for my truck. Reading this thread - I am seeing a 50/50 response with bad experience / good experience. Based on my experience with my dealership's service dept last week - I am not too worried. Will take pictures up front just in case - if I have to take them after the recall work - I have bigger problems :poop:. Drive safe out there...
My dealer has been really good so far which is why I am getting it done but I do have a bit of anxiety since my interior has no scratches , no rattles currently.
Sponsored

ppagan2012

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat FX4 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Has anyone had the Side/Airbag recall performed and have had it not been a disaster with dash scratches - Mis/Aligned A -Pillars and or new dash rattles ?
My maverick ended with several retainer clips missing... :mad:

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Always remember, internet forums like MTC are a microcosm of real world experiences heavily weighted with people who like to tell you all the bad experiences they have had.

Those that have good experiences just keep rolling.

Last edited:

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Other than my dealer's usual inability to complete work in a reasonable amount of time, mine went smoothly. If I don't get a YETI mug though, I'm going to RAGE :LOL:

OP
OP
Nw_adventure

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Always remember, internet forums like MTC are a microcosim (sp?) of real world experiences heavily weighted with people who like to tell you all the bad experiences they have had.

Those that have good experiences just keep rolling.
Yeah kind of the gist of things these day-

Sponsored

Deleted member 14823

I must be one of the lucky ones. Other than having to wait for parts to be available, the recall repair work itself was done well. Apple Ford in Shakopee for the Minnesotans on this board.

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I must be one of the lucky ones. Other than having to wait for parts to be available, the recall repair work itself was done well. Apple Ford in Shakopee for the Minnesotans on this board.
I know it's Shock-O-Pea because I once resided in MN.

But for others, that town name sure looks like Shack-O-Pee.

But it's better than Mound, MN for sure!

Deleted member 14823

I know it's Shock-O-Pea because I once resided in MN.

But for others, that town name sure looks like Shack-O-Pee.

But it's better than Mound, MN for sure!
Yep! We have quite a number of town names that are tricky to pronounce. :)

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yep! We have quite a number of town names that are tricky to pronounce. :)
BTW, I met a couple of the writers for Mystery Science Theater 3K way back in the day. One of the funniest shows I have ever watched. Pure comedic genius out of the Twin Cities.

Deleted member 14823

BTW, I met a couple of the writers for Mystery Science Theater 3K way back in the day. One of the funniest shows I have ever watched. Pure comedic genius out of the Twin Cities.
I'm jealous! I've never had a chance to even see them in person.

Sponsored

MustardTiger

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2001 AWD Swapped Jetta
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I took mine in on Thursday and still don't have it back. The service manager told me that a bolt sheared off somewhere and after 3 people tried to remove it they had to send it to the body shop to get them to extract it. It's now been at the body shop for 3 days for a fucking sheared off bolt. I am about to call them back and ask them to let me finish it myself because they clearly don't know how to do basic mechanical work. I really hope there is not more to the story and it's still just a stupid stuck bolt.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I took mine in on Thursday and still don't have it back. The service manager told me that a bolt sheared off somewhere and after 3 people tried to remove it they had to send it to the body shop to get them to extract it. It's now been at the body shop for 3 days for a fucking sheared off bolt. I am about to call them back and ask them to let me finish it myself because they clearly don't know how to do basic mechanical work. I really hope there is not more to the story and it's still just a stupid stuck bolt.
Please allow me to translate.....
We don't have the parts and don't want the customer to know!
You're welcomed.

MustardTiger

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2001 AWD Swapped Jetta
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Please allow me to translate.....
We don't have the parts and don't want the customer to know!
You're welcomed.
I really hope that's the case, at least that would mean they're not messing up body panels trying to get that bolt out. I can see it is down the street at the body shop in the app though...

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I really hope that's the case, at least that would mean they're not messing up body panels trying to get that bolt out. I can see it is down the street at the body shop in the app though...
I hope I'm right, too!

NormalPerson

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anyone had the Side/Airbag recall performed and have had it not been a disaster with dash scratches - Mis/Aligned A -Pillars and or new dash rattles ?
Mine. I called and the dealer was shipped more parts then they needed so they said bring it on in. I did, it took a day and change but I had the grabby brakes done, an oil change, and chase down an audio glitch. No damage, no scratches, no rattling no issues. Glad to have it done and know my vehicle is safer now and the grabby brakes are so much better now as well.
Sponsored