First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For the airbag recall, dealer just called and after two weeks of ordering parts, they said they need it “for at least two days, maybe 3”. Does this really take that long or should I find someone else to do it?
Sponsored

Wasatch-Man

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For the airbag recall, dealer just called and after two weeks of ordering parts, they said they need it “for at least two days, maybe 3”. Does this really take that long or should I find someone else to do it?
I assume this is the Side Curtain Airbag recall?

I just took mine in last week, and had this done. I dropped it off at my Ford Dealer about 8:00 to have this recall work done, along with an oil change and tire rotation. They called me at 2:00 to say it was completed. I'm guessing maybe half a day or less to have this recall work accomplished.

OP
OP

mhigham2022

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I assume this is the Side Curtain Airbag recall?

I just took mine in last week, and had this done. I dropped it off at my Ford Dealer about 8:00 to have this recall work done, along with an oil change and tire rotation. They called me at 2:00 to say it was completed. I'm guessing maybe half a day or less to have this recall work accomplished.
That’s what I assumed. When I first scheduled it, they said it would be a few hours.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

About half a day, if they have done a few.

A whole day or day and a half if it's this guys first time.

Sponsored

grumpyunk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mariner 85 Ranger 97 T-bird 87 Sable
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Appointment made two months ago, dropped Monday about 8:45. Got a call about 2:45 that it was readly.
I could not tell anything had been done. Not dirt, no scratches, no disturbed panels. It was so perfect it made me wonder if the swap had actually been done. Along that line is there any indication other than manual inspection of the parts to be assured they actually replaced the bags?
Honestly, after all the complaints and whines about sagging rear headliners, noises, and the rest, I was very surprised to see... nothing.
Anyone?

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Appointment made two months ago, dropped Monday about 8:45. Got a call about 2:45 that it was readly.
I could not tell anything had been done. Not dirt, no scratches, no disturbed panels. It was so perfect it made me wonder if the swap had actually been done. Along that line is there any indication other than manual inspection of the parts to be assured they actually replaced the bags?
Honestly, after all the complaints and whines about sagging rear headliners, noises, and the rest, I was very surprised to see... nothing.
Anyone?
If you pull off the A-pillar cover you should be able to see that the bolt hole utilized for the tether mounting is a different, lower one.

Ford Maverick Airbag recall - how long?! 1690328449548

grumpyunk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thx. I may/may not remove the cover to see, but now I have the information needed.
tom

RNC185

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My recall was less than 4 hours.

Sponsored

Mavforever

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My recall was less than 4 hours.
My 22 lariat Hybrid went in Monday morning for the recall service and they gave me a loaner, it seems to be mutually expected this will be a multi day service…we will see when I get the call it’s done.

grumpyunk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The dealer response and variations in hours required and the availability of a loaner make this recall seem as welll run as an ethnic fire drill. I.e, not so well, totally unorganized, and completely at the whim of each individual dealership and their personnel. Must parallel the qualifications and workmanship of individual technicians.
"We do it our way, and it shows."
My first new car ever went to the dealership ONCE. For the first oil & filter change. Thankfully I had no further need for their expert service levels. I avoid them for the most part as they no longer let you have a chat with their technicians, and thus the service is 'faceless' with no one accepting responsibility for the time taken, the results, and any and all 'imperfections'. It is so easy to point the finger when you don't have anyone there being pointed at.
Thanks for the fish.
tom

Wessss

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine was done in 1 day

OP
OP

mhigham2022

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The dealer I went with for my 2024 order said mobile service needs 1.5-2 hours, so I scheduled it with them. The original dealer called back after canceling the appointment and apologized saying they didn’t know where the service department got their estimate from. They had told me they did quite a few and they took almost 2 days. 😂

Islandman

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone?
Good for you! Keep using that dealer! I have been to three dealers and wish I had a couple of more to try. They are having issues with their internal communication.
Sponsored