2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I always had the problem getting AC to the back. I wonder if I can add some plastic over the vents under the seats and angle them up so it shoots air up and not just at the feet.
Sponsored

Jimmy P

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Silverado
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We've hit a couple low 90 days so far in LV, NV. Strange annoyance, if I don't use recirc on the AC, I get a whistling sound that increases with fan speed, not road speed. All windows up. No whistle when at speed with nothing running. Just whistles with AC only.

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oddly enough, seems our hottest months in SoCal are September and October.
It's because the water finally warms up and we lose the cooling effect it has when it's cooler in the early summer.

Why Our Cool Summer? The Deserts Are Hotter - Los Angeles Times (latimes.com)

I love our natural air conditioning. It's always fun to watch people from visiting teams go to a baseball game at Petco in their shorts. They're as cold as the beer when the sun goes down and those of us who live here are like, yeah, you laughed at us with our sweatshirts and jeans but who's laughing now?

Veer

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
veer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Velocity Blue... those 2 front door windows are not tinted right now either. The earliest I can get in for the nano ceramic is 2 weeks and I'm doing everything but the moonroof (said they don't do that - cracks). My husband said it worked fine today for dogs so maybe I didn't set something?? I turned blower up, added the lower feet, and was on Low.

Better for me to find out now it won't work for me than if I had it on a 3 day s FL trip w friends. I learned my lesson on the heat when on an all day trip w a friend in my Fusion w/o added window tint. It was so hot in the car, b/w stops, we both lost all the blooms on the orchids we paid a premium for w blooms $100+ ea. Didn't harm the plants but you don't see the blooms for another 6-12 months.
Wow, must get really hot there. Sorry to hear about your plants. I’m used to cold, but hate being hot, so I always get light color car, all our cars are silver or white. Front tints are not allowed here. But not really needed. In summer I park the car facing away from the sun, in winter I park facing the sun.

OP
OP
Dad

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here's a look at the under seat vents to save your neck :LOL:

Just enough to pffffffft some air past the front seats from below
My back is forever indebted to you! Thanks. I see the vent clearly. Would have never been able to realize what that was just by feeling around by hand. Insides of my computer look less complicated. :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dad

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's because the water finally warms up and we lose the cooling effect it has when it's cooler in the early summer.

Why Our Cool Summer? The Deserts Are Hotter - Los Angeles Times (latimes.com)

I love our natural air conditioning. It's always fun to watch people from visiting teams go to a baseball game at Petco in their shorts. They're as cold as the beer when the sun goes down and those of us who live here are like, yeah, you laughed at us with our sweatshirts and jeans but who's laughing now?
I wasn't aware of that! Good grief ... this forum is a virtual encyclopedia! Thank you for bringing that to my knowledge base. Right? If you're a local you know enough to bring a jacket for when the sun goes down even in the summer.

OP
OP
Dad

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow, must get really hot there. Sorry to hear about your plants. I’m used to cold, but hate being hot, so I always get light color car, all our cars are silver or white. Front tints are not allowed here. But not really needed. In summer I park the car facing away from the sun, in winter I park facing the sun.
You bring up some great ideas. Thank you for posting. In purchasing/leasing our last 4 vehicles, due to the auto shortage, we didn't have much choice on exterior colors. We were shown a Hyundai Palisade with white interior ... not going work with a 7 year old! Maverick - Alto Blue Lariat w/lux exactly what I wanted, so color was least important. But, yes, white cars are definitely a better choice in hot climates.

Larrythelunatic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Toyota Pickup. 22 IS hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My mom has driven a Ford for 30+ years. Ask her why, she will tell you they make the best AC. Dad bought a Honda she hated, rodents totaled it (long funny story- it was new), and it was replaced with a Ford promptly.
Rodents!!
That explains your friend!

• Haha
Reactions: TCK

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's not really hot in Tucson yet (about 95 today) but the AC seems fine. I ran some errands with a friend at midday and it was plenty cool when set at 72 degrees and the fan on 3.

Later in the afternoon I remote-started it when I was about 3 minutes away and it was cool when I got in the truck.

Bear in mind, though... no humidity here.
lol....not really hot....95! :oops: But I get it, the humidity (or lack there of..) makes a HUGE difference. My wife went to grad school at U of A, she loved the climate there.

Here in Ohio, winter just doesn't want to end.....got a couple inches of snow yesterday morning! :eek:

landscpdesgnr

First Name
liz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2022 Mav XLT Lux CP360 & Ford Fusion 2014
Ha trust me not many hate cold more than me and love the heat! I slept 12 mo straight w the mattress pad heater in 2021 😁 in Orlando w A/C set no lower than 74-75° nights. I love to be warm, would rather be hot & sweaty than cold. When I pu my dogs from playcamp they need A/C to cool down, I close the vent on me and let the middle ones blow on them. Which is why I was surprised how hot it stayed in the Mav Sat.

Sponsored

Timaysz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford explorer sport trac
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
90 degrees?! But it snowed yesterday! Crank up the heat! Of course, our water levels are good so it evens out. I'm looking for a set of steelies for snow tires. Here in Wisconsin/ The Peoples Republic of Illinois shows help. I'll bet that snows/FWD are almost as good as AWD. Six months and counting for my XLT hybrid.
Were you at in WI? Lived the last 25 years in beloit... I just moved to IL in roscoe. Both are just off 90 right in the state line.....

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
AC not for me, bring on the heat. I live in Wisconsin I try to hibernate 7 months out of the year. Now on the other hand. My wife in the summer the first thing she does when she gets in a car is turn the AC on 🥶. You may ask yourself why do I live in Wisconsin then. Good question.

Sirk

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick XL Hybrid, '05 Honda Element
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've been driving my Carbonized Gray EB here in S Florida since November. In my corner of the world, if the vehicle is running, the a/c is running. Although we're still a couple of months from summer, we've had temperatures in the high 80s with typical FL humidity. I have no complaints. The a/c is up to the task.

Reactions: Dad

Shawshi

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 MKX, 1980 F150, 2002 Firebird, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The summer of 2021 for me in Northern Idaho was one of the worst on record and I drove a 1980 F150 with no AC all summer to and from work. I would normally be just happy rolling down the drivers window and opening the wing window.
After a summer of 115 degree days I told myself I wasn't going to go through that again. And here we are on a Maverick forum talking about AC. :giggle:

I haven't been able to enjoy my AC yet, summer is taking its time this year getting here. But I will be ready, LOL
Sponsored

Reactions: Dad