First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry I'm late, I had to put down my fidget spinners and quit dabbing long enough to post this! 27 year old checking in (might be the youngest in the thread so far!). Can't wait for my first edition fully loaded RR hybrid as it will be my first ford, first truck, and first car payment (I am basically ford's wet dream in terms of target demographic). I gotta get back to my spinners to keep me occupied for the next 6 months of waiting for my truck to get built.
Well I guess I’m the oldest, 87 and drive a small Toyota pu.1994
only 114k mi. My fords gate back to a 36 I drove to high school.
had dozens on fords.
Sponsored

Reactions: JAC

WNYEscapee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick, 2019 Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

They may have intended to market it to the younger generation by offering them something new and practical for their supposed lifestyle, but it's us more mature folks who find it appealing since many of us don't want or need full-sized trucks and would like to not spend our retirement to pay for it too.
I've got a full-sized truck, finally have actually used it for loads it's designed to handle this year when I built a fence and carted a sizable load of topsoil too. Both are things I can also do with the Maverick, just add the means to extend a support for 10' beams and I'm good. 1500 lbs. loads, Maverick can already do that. Other than that, I never used my previous big trucks for anything serious, and all of the 4 Rangers I had owned hauled just as much as they had been used for.
The Maverick is ideal for many of us who no longer like having to climb into their vehicles, nor falling out of them; prefer maneuverability and better fuel mileage; and simply want something that screams: "I'll help you move this weekend!" ...and they're pretty darn quick, too.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same sales profile as the Honda ELement. Made and marketed it to the 20-35 age market but most sales were 50,60 and above.

daemonic3

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 F150 KR Powerboost, '22 Premium ER Mach E
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think you are wrong.

Ford says the 2022 Maverick – about the length of a Toyota full-size sedan but far cheaper – is already succeeding in attracting new, younger and female buyers to the company.

About a quarter of buyers are female compared to nearly 90% being male for the overall truck market, Ford said.

A quarter also are between the ages of 18 and 35 – double the industry average for that age group.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/06/for...le-buyers-with-new-20000-maverick-pickup.html
Yep! My daughter LOVES her 2010 Ranger and does not want to give it up, but she will be 2.5hrs away needing her truck to get to/from campus in a few years (only underclassmen get campus housing) and we need something reliable if I'm not nearby to help. Finally convinced her the Mav is "cool" but only if it's cyber orange. What a spoiled punk! Told her to just look on Tiktok to see how popular it is.
Sponsored