First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like the idea. Like most of the feedback, I think it would look better if the wires were hidden. Maybe routed through the side mirrors as there is already a wire bundle going to the mirrors already. Would require drilling into the mirror, but even routing out the front, bottom of the mirror would look better than coming out the door like that.
Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
to follow up on this, the correct thing to do would be to remove the mirror which should be possible by pulling the door panel including sail panel, and wiring through the existing bundle into the door.

a second strong suggestion would be to use heat shrink tubing and solder connections. it's especially important on anything under the hood. if heat, age or anything else causes your electrical tape to fail and presumably your twisted wire splice is exposed, you could have a short which at best will blow a fuse and at worst will start a fire.

that said, I've seen YT videos of 'professionals' install off-road lights that use a 40A circuit - way more than your LEDs I'm sure - and do what you did.
Good advice. I'm curious to see if you have a mind to tackle this mod and if so, would eagerly await your install post. To be clear, no sarcasm intended. Genuine interest.

OP
OP
Maverick2023

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That bundle of wires appears to be getting very badly pinched. It needs to be routed a different way, because with enough damage, it can short out and be a fire hazard.

You can simply drop it down the side further into the fender
Bad angle I guess but it’s not being pinched at all. I will find a better way to route and package the wires with more electrical tape. Thanks for the feedback.

OP
OP
Maverick2023

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like the idea. Like most of the feedback, I think it would look better if the wires were hidden. Maybe routed through the side mirrors as there is already a wire bundle going to the mirrors already. Would require drilling into the mirror, but even routing out the front, bottom of the mirror would look better than coming out the door like that.
I will leave this to the next person. As for me I’m ok with having the wire hanging out of the mirror like that. You won’t be able to see the wire on the mirror at night anyway so .

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bad angle I guess but it’s not being pinched at all. I will find a better way to route and package the wires with more electrical tape. Thanks for the feedback.
This is the MTC doing its job of advising, making suggestions, and helping members.

Sponsored

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is a great mod! I added turn signal capability to my side badges, but I'm impressed with your mirror add on. I'm hoping you'll share what you used and how you attached it to the mirrors.
That's a cool idea. I'm looking into that as well. I have some honeycomb aluminum mesh. I plan on cutting out the grilles on the fenders, and attaching the honeycomb. I was thinking of attaching turn signals in there. The mirror ones are cool too. A lot of wire hiding for sure.

OP
OP
Maverick2023

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
so another question i have for you experts is, do i need a load resistor for the turn signal wires? As it stands, I'm not getting hyperflash with the turn signals on the mirrors and I'm tapping these wires to the stock turn signal light connector in the front. I do have a problem with hyper flashing when connecting the stock tail/brake light connector to these lights. The yellow turn turn signals get hyperflashed like they trying to send out Morse codes. In case I'm getting chewed out by the MTC's police for not using a load resistor on my LED lights, I have already ordered load resistors from Amazon and waiting for the weekend to install.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's a cool idea. I'm looking into that as well. I have some honeycomb aluminum mesh. I plan on cutting out the grilles on the fenders, and attaching the honeycomb. I was thinking of attaching turn signals in there. The mirror ones are cool too. A lot of wire hiding for sure.
Using the side badges as is with just a minor modification is an easy way to get side turn signals. There are a couple ways you might consider without using the mesh unless that's the look you want.
Here's the link to my modification. Inside the thread you'll find a post from another member who did an even simpler turn signal modification which I like very much. Check it out if you haven't already.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...ult-video-night-video-added.27369/post-582187

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Using the side badges as is with just a minor modification is an easy way to get side turn signals. There are a couple ways you might consider without using the mesh unless that's the look you want.
Here's the link to my modification. Inside the thread you'll find a post from another member who did an even simpler turn signal modification which I like very much. Check it out if you haven't already.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...ult-video-night-video-added.27369/post-582187
That's exactly what I want to do. I still want to cut the fake vent center out and put honeycomb mesh. Going for the "look". Thanks!!!

• Love
Reactions: Dad
Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's exactly what I want to do. I still want to cut the fake vent center out and put honeycomb mesh. Going for the "look". Thanks!!!
You're very welcome. I'm excited to see the outcome.

OP
OP
Maverick2023

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Added front and rear turn signals. Decided not to attach to the rear bumper since I couldn’t tap into the lighting wires without getting hyper flashing even with load resisters. I know some of you hate the exposed wires but they don’t bother me. For now the signals can be seen from the front and rear and they are also doubled as White DRL and red looking from the rear.

Ford Maverick Added sequential turn signals and DRL to my side mirrors IMG_8629

Ford Maverick Added sequential turn signals and DRL to my side mirrors IMG_8628

Reactions: Dad

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am thinking of how I want to wire mine up. Do I go for the always on clearance light, or the only on when flashing auxiliary turn signal.

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I am thinking of how I want to wire mine up. Do I go for the always on clearance light, or the only on when flashing auxiliary turn signal.
check post #13. that's one way to do it if you want it exactly where the OP has it, but without exposed wires.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
YuI*uh km(*3
check post #13. that's one way to do it if you want it exactly where the OP has it, but without exposed wires.
Oh there wont be any exposed wires.
Sponsored