Sponsored

About to pull trigger Low Pro X15 tonneau cover. Will I hate the Velcro and wish I went with standard old tri fold?

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
About to purchase a Low pro x15 from Real truck. Love to low profile and matte finish. Will I hate the Velcro and wish I went with standard old tri fold?
Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nope! I have this on my current Mav and will be adding it to my new one next month when it arrives.

Ford Maverick About to pull trigger Low Pro X15 tonneau cover. Will I hate the Velcro and wish I went with standard old tri fold? E077D91A-60C2-420B-A4A4-11C82C30D7B3

Edit:
It arrived a week or so early. (May 27th)

Ford Maverick About to pull trigger Low Pro X15 tonneau cover. Will I hate the Velcro and wish I went with standard old tri fold? image

Moved the Racks and installed the second Pro X15 Tonneau.

Last edited:

canyonero

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the Truxedo Sentry. It's great but I open it many times a day. The velcro is a little annoying imho and if I were to do it again I'd probably get a trifold because of how often I open my cover.

Dochatley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, 2024 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Love the look of the low cover but my tri fold on my Ranger is so easy to open and take off when needed.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have the Truxedo Sentry. It's great but I open it many times a day. The velcro is a little annoying imho and if I were to do it again I'd probably get a trifold because of how often I open my cover.
Thanks but I will rarely open it

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks but I will rarely open it
I bought the gator trifold and now have the X15 Pro and I preferred the Gator tri fold, better rain coverage as it goes over the edges. I got racks though so the X15 was the best solution for that.

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
$500+ seems expensive for a soft folding cover lacking the security factor.
I'm real happy with my Gator FX3 Hard Tri Fold I got from them for $685.

OP
OP

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
$500+ seems expensive for a soft folding cover lacking the security factor.
I'm real happy with my Gator FX3 Hard Tri Fold I got from them for $685.
I like the flush fit and matte finish. Haven’t pulled trigger yet as it wasn’t in stock at the time. Was told 3 weeks. Need to check again. I won’t order anything that’s not in stock. Made that mistake with Ford dealer.

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like the flush fit and matte finish. Haven’t pulled trigger yet as it wasn’t in stock at the time. Was told 3 weeks. Need to check again. I won’t order anything that’s not in stock. Made that mistake with Ford dealer.
I ordered mine back in January when it showed out of stock, and was quoted 2 months delivery. It showed up in a week.

Sponsored

Pastor_Zatx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I was also told three weeks, but it arrived in three days!

19mustang65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pinti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like the trifold so far. Looking back I would get a hard cover because the soft flutters on the highway and I just stare at in the mirror the whole drive

mcc63303

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sold 22 Hybrid XL now 24 Hybrid XL, 57 Chevy 454ci
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have one on my Maverick, I like the one side only release lever. One does need to release the cover to close the tail gate for the rear seal to fit on top the tail gate. I like the canvas top instead of a vinyl cover. The Pro X15 is very easy to roll up and remove.

Lone Star Proud

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
About to purchase a Low pro x15 from Real truck. Love to low profile and matte finish. Will I hate the Velcro and wish I went with standard old tri fold?
Love mine and looks great. The velcro is heavy duty and really secures the sides.

Deleted member 9167

I have one on my Maverick, I like the one side only release lever. One does need to release the cover to close the tail gate for the rear seal to fit on top the tail gate. I like the canvas top instead of a vinyl cover. The Pro X15 is very easy to roll up and remove.
Really the only complaint with my X15 is that you have to pop it up to close the tailgate. Other than that, perfect.
Sponsored