First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's a small thing, but having had a car with push button and then without it - never again.
My only issue is that I like to have a place to store my key while I'm driving. Be cool if they had a slot maybe to the right behind the steering wheel to put it, maybe have you twist it to differing degrees so you can feel when you're just putting it in aux vs cranking the engine, and then when you enter park and remove the key the car turns off so you don't even have to push a button. Someone should invent that.
Sponsored

SeaMav206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Focus
Apparently on the hybrid XLT models Ford thought of some sort of notification your dash to let you know your vehicle is running.

Since hybrids are silent she will be they start up

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I remember my aunt had a Ford pick-up with an 8-track attached under the ash tray. And, a CB radio too. That is going back a ways brother.
Was that when dinosaurs roamed the earth 🤣

Sponsored

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
I remember my aunt had a Ford pick-up with an 8-track attached under the ash tray. And, a CB radio too. That is going back a ways brother.
102 inches of whip antenna reporting on that same truck.

sadly it also was Lt blue and had a red white and blue vinyl cap on the cab. It was styling in 1977 new.

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I get the various opinions, wife has a Titanium Edge with EVERYTHING imaginable. I drive a 2007 V8 Mountaineer, not so much tech, lol. The XLT is plenty enough tech For me but my sons would want more. To each their own, get what works for you and be happy, I am thrilled with what I am getting

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Apparently on the hybrid XLT models Ford thought of some sort of notification your dash to let you know your vehicle is running.

Since hybrids are silent she will be they start up
If so, the is helpful. I can't tell you how many times I catch myself restarting my Lexus that is already running. You just can't hear it parked.

Sponsored

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
HI, what is a Pi?
Raspberry Pi is a small SBC (single board computer) they are very rugged, extremely expandable and quite capable. Many people use them in automotive projects as things like android auto are trivial to install.

It can also be used thousands of other ways and when the boards start at 35$ they are inexpensive to keep around

Chad10

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon
What's the price of a plug and play unit that has a built in SIM card that identifies itself as a tablet for cheap add-on data plan with your carrier? If you have an old small tablet, the cost is zero, which is also hard to beat. Ditto with an old android/apple phone if you already own it, but not sure what you would do data wise unless you just occasionally turn on your hotspot on your phone to update cached google maps and keep all your music locally on the device.
Now you got me thinking. How does Ford charge for these data? Wi-Fi what ever Ford is calling it.

Chad10

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon
What's the price of a plug and play unit that has a built in SIM card that identifies itself as a tablet for cheap add-on data plan with your carrier? If you have an old small tablet, the cost is zero, which is also hard to beat. Ditto with an old android/apple phone if you already own it, but not sure what you would do data wise unless you just occasionally turn on your hotspot on your phone to update cached google maps and keep all your music locally on the device.
Now you got me thinking. How does Ford charge for these data? Wi-Fi what ever Ford is calling it.