First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wonder if it even has enough speakers and quality of speakers for the noise cancellation to be effective. Usually when I see that feature they advertise having like 16 speakers with tweeters everywhere. I'm probably just going to be hiding a old small tablet somewhere that has a dataplan, then you have android auto voice recognition anyway.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
Wonder if it even has enough speakers and quality of speakers for the noise cancellation to be effective. Usually when I see that feature they advertise having like 16 speakers with tweeters everywhere. I'm probably just going to be hiding a old small tablet somewhere that has a dataplan, then you have android auto voice recognition anyway.
I maintain a raspberry pi is a better option

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What's the price of a plug and play unit that has a built in SIM card that identifies itself as a tablet for cheap add-on data plan with your carrier? If you have an old small tablet, the cost is zero, which is also hard to beat. Ditto with an old android/apple phone if you already own it, but not sure what you would do data wise unless you just occasionally turn on your hotspot on your phone to update cached google maps and keep all your music locally on the device.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

MarkG

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
I really don't know that I would use any of the functions of Sync 3. Wireless android auto on the other hand would have been nice.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What's the price of a plug and play unit that has a built in SIM card that identifies itself as a tablet for cheap add-on data plan with your carrier? If you have an old small tablet, the cost is zero, which is also hard to beat. Ditto with an old android/apple phone if you already own it, but not sure what you would do data wise unless you just occasionally turn on your hotspot on your phone to update cached google maps and keep all your music locally on the device.
About 50$ for a Pi if you don’t have one with a sim hat. It is far more responsive, more storage and way more upgradable.

you do what you want to do. I have Pi’s sitting around unused.

Diettinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Ford
I wish there was an option to delete Sync 3 on the Lariat and opt for the touchscreen instead.

I honestly don't need anything other than Carplay and radio. In fact, I don't want anything else. More features I don't use means more to go wrong.

Downgrading to XLT isn't an option, the extra few thousand is worth it to not have to fish the key out of my pocket to start the car each time :(

MarkG

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
I wish there was an option to delete Sync 3 on the Lariat and opt for the touchscreen instead.

I honestly don't need anything other than Carplay and radio. In fact, I don't want anything else. More features I don't use means more to go wrong.

Downgrading to XLT isn't an option, the extra few thousand is worth it to not have to fish the key out of my pocket to start the car each time :(
XLT with Lux package has the key fob push button start.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

Deleted member 1370

The standard touch screen seems like the better deal for me atleast. Wired carplay is fine by me. I dont mind using a cord. Itll be an upgrade from the cassette deck in the vehicle i drive now. So i can have GPS on there via carply but with a cord vs without and no voice recognition...thats fine by me. As long as it works , no complaints from me.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The standard touch screen seems like the better deal for me atleast. Wired carplay is fine by me. I dont mind using a cord. Itll be an upgrade from the cassette deck in the vehicle i drive now. So i can have GPS on there via carply but with a cord vs without and no voice recognition...thats fine by me. As long as it works , no complaints from me.
Is it bad I mis my 8-track?

giddyup

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is it bad I mis my 8-track?
Pretty sure that you are kidding, Rob, but no smilely? After living thru 45s, albums, 8 tracks, cassettes, CDs, Napster, and Spotify, I could never go back after digital music and streaming.

Diettinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Ford
XLT with Lux package has the key fob push button start.
It doesn't... unfortunately. It only has remote start where you can start the car from your house or whatever. But then when you get in you'd still have to take it out of your pocket and stick it in the ignition, 'That 70s show' style, to go anywhere.

It's a small thing, but having had a car with push button and then without it - never again.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pretty sure that you are kidding, Rob, but no smilely? After living thru 45s, albums, 8 tracks, cassettes, CDs, Napster, and Spotify, I could never go back after digital music and streaming.
Sound fidelity on an analog 8 track was actually much better than a lot of production today.

I had a uncle who was a producer for Sony/Thorn/EMI and who worded with gigs no one ever heard of (Kenny Rodgers, ARS, Billy Idol etc) so I always had access to 8 tracks of the latest (70’s and 80’s) music.
Funny story: his dog was named DJ and he legally changed his last name to Alou so he was legally “Bob Alou”

good guy, he passed years ago though.
Sponsored