Sponsored

6 days of ownership and I get rear ended.

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CR-V, 2019 Kia Sportage
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The thing is she does have the placard hanging from her mirror. I was the one who got it for my dad. She thinks it's ok even when I told her it's illegal. It's supposed to stay at my dad's home so others can use it when transporting my Dad. But it's always in her car. She will argue with me forever about it. Her name should be Karen. Point is there seems to be many more people who don't give a rats ass about other people now.
Sounds like a "teaching moment" opportunity. Follow her to the store & call the police non-emergency number to report it. Although I guess technically if she has the placard it would be hard to get them to ticket her for it.
Sponsored

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As much as I want to I can't do that. My son's a cop he said he has caught people doing that. And they get very annoyed when busted. He just gives them the ticket and walks away.
Sounds like a "teaching moment" opportunity. Follow her to the store & call the police non-emergency number to report it. Although I guess technically if she has the placard it would be hard to get them to ticket her for it.
As much as I want to I can't do that. My son's a cop he said he has caught people doing that. And they get very annoyed when busted. He just gives them the ticket and walks away.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not hard at all. All the cop would have to do would be to look up the ID on the bottom of the placard and ask to see the individual to whom it is registered. When she couldn't produce her dad, that's pretty open and shut.

Ford Maverick 6 days of ownership and I get rear ended. 1668027710571

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CR-V, 2019 Kia Sportage
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not hard at all. All the cop would have to do would be to look up the ID on the bottom of the placard and ask to see the individual to whom it is registered. When she couldn't produce her dad, that's pretty open and shut.

1668027710571.png
If that's the case then I would definitely do it. 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
He has a card that proves its him. I have not seen the placard in a while. Wouldn't doubt she got busted and won't tell me. Don't want to hijack this thread. Just venting my frustration about these entitled people. Ever hear of what's called the Jersey slide? It's when a person in the left lane cross 2 or 3 lanes of traffic to get to the exit. See it all the time.

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes I consider myself lucky in that regard. I've seen people upside down on the freeway and I'm glad it wasn't like that.

I was babying it during break-in period so much that the impact felt a lot worse than it looks to be (fingers crossed).
Would like to see pictures of behind the bumper and unibody rails. Hoping for the best for you and your Maverick.

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree with you
I think it's part of the entitled society we live in. My sister regularly parks in handicapped spaces saying its ok because she is getting something for our disabled Dad. I was pissed but she still thinks it's ok. Hope her car gets towed.
That's entitled at a new level for me. Where's the Citizen's Patrol when you need them. (They were the ones handing out that type of ticket when I was in AZ.)

vabchusa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford C Max SE, 2022 Maverick First Edition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've noticed a definite decline in driving ability where I live over the last few years. People are doing some crazy sh*t lately. I watched 3 cars in a row pass a truck over double yellow blind turns and blow through stop signs while doing it. I've also started to see more and more "red light" is optional behavior. Not a "yellow turned to red" situation, more like people are now straight up just going from a dead stop when the light is red and weaving through traffic. I see it at least a few times a week. Feels like the slow decay of civilized society haha.
This is the norm in Atlanta. Too many idiots out there driving.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RRaynor2

RRaynor2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I see was wet in the pic, you from socal? was raining like crazy yesterday. Painful to see damage on that alto after just 6 days! Some douche ran into my wife’s new Honda Pilot yesterday morning. a lot more damage on the other car and thankfully she was ok. people can’t drive in the rain.
It wasn't actively raining at the time, but it would have happened dry too, she just wasn't paying attention I think. I heard screeching tires right before impact so I think she looked up at the last second from whatever she was doing and slammed on the brakes.

Last edited:

Jatrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What's up with all these Mav's getting rear ended? Seems like every other day somebody reports getting hit.
Are these trucks so small people have a problem seeing them? Brake lights not easily visible? I'm starting to get paranoid. Maybe I'll put a big flag on the rear of mine. (when / if it comes)

OneAlienBoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Am I
Well, after 10 months of waiting and 6 days of ownership, I get rear ended at a stop sign. My beautiful Alto Blue Lariat.....

Very minor, but the bumper got a nice little hole, the trailer plugs are caved in, and the hitch receiver took the brunt. I'm worried about the receiver being hit and what that could have done underneath. I have the 4K tow but I don't know what that does to the design of the receiver. My fingers are crossed.

I've never screamed F*ck so loud in my life right after being hit, haha.

20221108_182642.jpg
Maybe I'm crazy, but it seems like lots of mavericks have been in accidents. Could just be the fact that I'm paying attention to them.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Am I
Maybe I'm crazy, but it seems like lots of mavericks have been in accidents. Could just be the fact that I'm paying attention to them.
MTC reports 19,898 members. If 1 member were involved in a crash every day for a year, that would only be ~1.83% of us involved in a crash during that year.

That doesn't include all the lurkers, either. Some of whom have Mavericks and may only create an account once tragedy strikes.

Crashes occur every day, everywhere. You're just noticing Maverick crashes because when someone posts about it, it stands out. When someone crashes down the street from your house, you probably never hear of it unless you were there before the tow trucks and police/FD cleaned up the mess.

OP
OP
RRaynor2

RRaynor2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Am I
I think it's confirmation bias, but I am now a statistic that fuels that very bias, haha.

My wife looked at me funny when I took my dash cam with me to pick up my Maverick from the dealer. She thought I should just install it when I got home. I said "no way, I've seen too many smashed up Mavericks on the forums." Then 6 days later and I'm one of them (OK not really smashed up, but you know what I mean).

Car accidents are way up in correlation with cell phone use over the last decade. I'm almost certain the girl that hit me was on hers. She got out with it in her hand. I only wish I could have figured out how to mount the rear facing camera before this happened, would have been great to see her face lit by the glowing screen.
Sponsored