Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
hmmmm......my order was"officially" submitted this morning......

Dealer never mentioned this, got the confirmation email from Ford.....maybe I squeaked in.... :unsure:

AngeloInSC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yep, focus groups are only as good as the group you focus on.
More accurately, focus groups lie. They tell you what they think will make them look better or what they think you want to hear. I worked in sales and marketing/broadcast television for over 30 years and I never put any value in the info we got from focus groups. I just wish I could convince my company to quit wasting money on them.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tim of Long McArther recently reported that this is a software glitch on the order process and gave a work around in one of his most recent videos so that the 4K Tow package can be added to an order.

https://www.youtube.com/c/LongMcArthurSalina/videos

Sorry I don't know which one.

Sponsored

Old Fart

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT; 2016 Prius ECO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Someone seems to have severely underestimated demand for the Maverick and, more specifically, demand for certain components that make this truck appealing. Whoever it was that put together the focus groups needs to go back and learn a few things.....Those that were on said focus groups, shame on you for not having a crystal ball and preparing Ford for the tidal wave of orders this truck would generate.
It's like this in many manufacturing entities, Wifey's product line is for this **** many units and even if they are still in the brochure, they're sold out, nada, no more. Hopefully it will speed up the hybrid production.......Sorry EB group, I WANT MY XLT HYBRID.

Mark Rash

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2015 Nissan Rogue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tim of Long McArther recently reported that this is a software glitch on the order process and gave a work around in one of his most recent videos so that the 4K Tow package can be added to an order.

https://www.youtube.com/c/LongMcArthurSalina/videos

Sorry I don't know which one.
I believe that was just for folks switching their order from FWD to AWD and trying to add 4K Tow package at the same time. It sounds like they're now saying they've reached the max # of 4K tow package orders for this model year, in which case the workaround wouldn't apply.

Whitenight

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Someone seems to have severely underestimated demand for the Maverick and, more specifically, demand for certain components that make this truck appealing. Whoever it was that put together the focus groups needs to go back and learn a few things.....Those that were on said focus groups, shame on you for not having a crystal ball and preparing Ford for the tidal wave of orders this truck would generate.
Doesn't matter whether or not they estimated the demand for the Maverick correct or not. Since globally we are still in the middle of the pandemic and distribution links are broken everywhere there is no way anybody can say how much of any one part they will have at any given time. Just look at all of the container ships just sitting in the ports on the west and east coasts waiting for weeks and months to get unloaded. Then there is the shortage of truck drivers as well. Who are you going to blame when you go to the store to buy your Christmas presents and find empty shelves?

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The reason is weight.

Hard to explain but testing regardless if its for FE or Emissions depends weight and dynamometer load. Number of vehicles sold times options equals what we can put on vehicles.

Old Fart

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT; 2016 Prius ECO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It's like this in many manufacturing entities, Wifey's product line is for this **** many units and even if they are still in the brochure, they're sold out, nada, no more. Hopefully it will speed up the hybrid production.......Sorry EB group, I WANT MY XLT HYBRID.
Let's say you have a AWD EB ordered upping it to 4K would be adding a 5 pin plug for brakes, I think I saw coil springs on the SECA video on the AWD so a set of AirLift bags inside the springs in the rear would dampen the trailer squat. The hybrid has coil rear springs, I added them to the Prius V, and what a difference it made in trailer squat and plan to add them to the Maverick, so quit yet bitchin, get fixing. I don't know what's different elsewhere. My last pickup was a Nissan XE dead stock with a bench seat, like small trucks.

Pogeegitz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Expedition Max XLT, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Doesn't matter whether or not they estimated the demand for the Maverick correct or not. Since globally we are still in the middle of the pandemic and distribution links are broken everywhere there is no way anybody can say how much of any one part they will have at any given time. Just look at all of the container ships just sitting in the ports on the west and east coasts waiting for weeks and months to get unloaded. Then there is the shortage of truck drivers as well. Who are you going to blame when you go to the store to buy your Christmas presents and find empty shelves?
Ford, I'm sure.

Bbot

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL
We've learned from a Ford contact that the 4K Tow Package has been balanced out for the 2022 model year Maverick. This means that dealers will no longer be accepting new orders with the 4K Tow Package.
Hey Ford if you Are Listening Build additional Mavericks here in the USA!Build the Bronco Sport and Mach E here too! Plenty of production capacity here.

Txjay

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XJ
We've learned from a Ford contact that the 4K Tow Package has been balanced out for the 2022 model year Maverick. This means that dealers will no longer be accepting new orders with the 4K Tow Package.
Remember the Maverick is the replacement for their cars, so that was the focus I am guessing. No pun intended.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.