Sponsored

4k Tow Package no longer available for 2022 year on FWD or AWD?

tpiskor615

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Ranger
Hi everyone, I have a quick question. I placed my order for a Lariat AWD in october and the dealership informed me that the 4k tow package is no longer available for the 2022 year on FWD or AWD. I found this a little fishy as my understanding is that it was only removed from the FWD vehicles. Has anyone else run into this issue or ordered with a 4k tow package after that? My truck is not yet scheduled for production so I want to get it corrected before then if it is available. Thanks!
Sponsored

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You are correct that AWD is not available with FWD. My order was early Sep and truck is now built with AWD and 4k tow. I am assuming there are no new issues but I do hear the 2022 Maverick allotments are about sold out, at least on the Hybrids. Not really an answer to your question but just a little supporting info.

catinthebathtub

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
haas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 GT 350, 60 VW, 34 pickup and porsches....
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
i think your dealer may need to be upgraded....
i had great results with helfman ford in stafford texas.

Hyfly11

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Hyrum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have an October order with AWD and 4K tow

Sponsored

OP
OP

tpiskor615

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Ranger
i think your dealer may need to be upgraded....
i had great results with helfman ford in stafford texas.
I would like to switch dealers but since I already have a order in with mine I'm not sure if that would even be possible without cancelling mine and starting a new order. I'm already almost two months into the wait and i would rather not start over.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi everyone, I have a quick question. I placed my order for a Lariat AWD in october and the dealership informed me that the 4k tow package is no longer available for the 2022 year on FWD or AWD. I found this a little fishy as my understanding is that it was only removed from the FWD vehicles. Has anyone else run into this issue or ordered with a 4k tow package after that? My truck is not yet scheduled for production so I want to get it corrected before then if it is available. Thanks!
If we ask nicely maybe @fordvideoguy will help out. Myself, I have seen nothing saying you cannot still order 4K tow package.

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
I would like to switch dealers but since I already have a order in with mine I'm not sure if that would even be possible without cancelling mine and starting a new order. I'm already almost two months into the wait and i would rather not start over.
Honestly, the wait time seems pretty freakin random. If you're going EB then it feels like going with a smaller dealer may be an advantage. For example a mega dealer might have 400 orders already so you will literally be at the end of the line, but its possible a smaller dealer (even though they get less allocations) only has like 20 orders. I'd rather be in the 20 line with 5 winners each time rather than in line with 400 but 50 winners each time.

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
If we ask nicely maybe @fordvideoguy will help out. Myself, I have seen nothing saying you cannot still order 4K tow package.
It is available. I will say there are some days where the wbdo doesn't work correctly so maybe they should try making the change another day. While Ford is looking at orders to preview for scheduling, it gets glitchy.

OP
OP

tpiskor615

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Ranger
It is available. I will say there are some days where the wbdo doesn't work correctly so maybe they should try making the change another day. While Ford is looking at orders to preview for scheduling, it gets glitchy.
Thanks for the information, I appreciate it!

Sponsored

JSanchez

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Suburban C1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There was one order I did were i tried adding the 4K tow and it said it was unavailable. So it may be a case by case thing.

AndrewSKY117

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Outback Limited
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I put my order into the dealer on 11/13 in WA.

XLT AWD FX4 with 4K Tow and Lux package etc. the only thing unavailable for me was the spray-in bed liner.
Sponsored