First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey everyone. I was able to take my first mini road trip with my Mav since I got it a couple weeks ago.
Allentown PA (338’ elevation) to Hershey PA (411’) for a concert. On the way to the concert I was in left lane traffic avg 80 mph in normal drive mode and received 29.8 mpg.
On the way home I decided to take my time. I put the truck in eco mode. Sat for 10 minutes trying to leave the concert and started the drive home. On the highway I found a uhaul and started drafting away going on AVG 60 mph and received 40.7 mpg by the time I got home. Definitely was pretty blown away.
89973174-AB65-4576-801D-365B5D297B20.jpeg
2B1ABCB5-92B8-44EE-ACD7-89A1D333BA49.jpeg
See? What did I tell you folks in the "Buyers Remorse?" posting! You can't make up this kind of mileage for the EB!! "NO REGERTS" for buying the EB over the hybrid! :)
Sponsored

KeinoDoggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid and Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Holy hybrid Batman! Sarcasm is hard to catch on the internet but people being butt hurt is easy to spot.
It was a joke and more about the impressive MPG I received on one trip! Obviously if you want 40 mpg and to worry about the Mav catching fire, get a hybrid.
Actually there have been no photos of a hybrid that was on fire but there was an Ecoboost Maverick posted here that was all burned up. Do not know what the cause of the fire was.

AngloSoup

First Name
Anglo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Beater
You can get almost limitless MPG rolling off the side of the grand canyon without the engine cranked.

mrjspence

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve had both an FX4 Maverick and a hybrid. Get the hybrid. If they ever produce an AWD hybrid, it should be an even easier choice. The eCVT is better than the EcoBoost clicking away. Both have their benefits and are very nice though.

Sponsored

FriarPop

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

averaging 19 in my ecoboost, but gas is so cheap I cant afford not to drag race off every stop.

Altivo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Altivo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
altivo.dreamwidth.org
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Who needs a hybrid? Anyone who wants a quieter ride and less ecological impact. My hybrid regularly exceeds 51 mpg during ordinary mixed driving and that's 99% of what I do. Overall calculated fuel efficiency so far is about 46 mpg, but in light traffic on rural paved roads (I live far out of the city) it turns in 50-51.

jim13

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve had both an FX4 Maverick and a hybrid. Get the hybrid. If they ever produce an AWD hybrid, it should be an even easier choice. The eCVT is better than the EcoBoost clicking away. Both have their benefits and are very nice though.
Why’d you switch? Gas mileage?

Akuma72387

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
exactly.

Similar stupidity is when Honda Civic Si owners (a car that gets 27/37/31) tell you they saw 40mpg on the digital display, so who needs a Prius?!
A Prius easily averages 50mpg, so the difference of average 31 to 50mpg is huge.

So yeah Ecoboost averages 25 (or 26 fwd). Hybrid averages 37 mpg. True, some ecoboost drivers can top the average, but so can hybrid drivers (I’ve seen 50mpg on my dash of my hybrid maverick). Either way, there seems to always be a 10mpg difference between eco and hybrid.
10 mpg is a big difference in efficiency.
Anyone with the eb that gets below 28mpg is either doing 90 all the time or driving it like the stole it. I'm st almost 20k my average is 31 and I live in Maine where you have to search to find flat ground. The hybrid gets better gas milage no doubt about that.

Akuma72387

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey Billy, now I drive mine. That 91mpg, was 31mins. The AC has to run as well here 105°.

Yeah, I have been blasting EPA figures since I got mine 10200m. 51-55mpg, 700mpt.

Heck I get as many electric miles per tank that the ECOboost guys guys wish they got miles per their tank.

Maybe we should organize a fuel economy run..make it an apples to apples comparison?
Your getting 500 e miles a tank? That's impressive. I'm not being sarcastic I genuinely didn't know the hybrids got that as I have th RB

Sponsored

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Who needs a hybrid? Anyone who wants a quieter ride and less ecological impact. My hybrid regularly exceeds 51 mpg during ordinary mixed driving and that's 99% of what I do. Overall calculated fuel efficiency so far is about 46 mpg, but in light traffic on rural paved roads (I live far out of the city) it turns in 50-51.
We chose a hybrid and have absolutely no regrets, but I'd love to hear how you determined that a vehicle with an extra (large) battery has less ecological impact. "Ecological impact" is a metric that is very complex to calculate, especially in regards to a hybrid that also has an ICE running half the time (or more). With China dominating the mining and battery industries, it's REALLY hard to believe this is the case. Whatever makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside, but I'm not going to lie to myself.

Altivo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Altivo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
altivo.dreamwidth.org
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We chose a hybrid and have absolutely no regrets, but I'd love to hear how you determined that a vehicle with an extra (large) battery has less ecological impact. "Ecological impact" is a metric that is very complex to calculate, especially in regards to a hybrid that also has an ICE running half the time (or more). With China dominating the mining and battery industries, it's REALLY hard to believe this is the case. Whatever makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside, but I'm not going to lie to myself.
It's complicated. Of course, you are right. But the immediate impact of CO2 emissions and fossil fuel looks far more urgent to me than the matter of batteries, which are improving and developing fast now. The battery in this hybrid could well outlast my lifetime. I'd rather reduce my carbon footprint as much as I can. I'd prefer an all electric vehicle but they still cost too much for me, and charging facilities are too scarce.

In truth, I'd rather ride my horse everywhere but in today's traffic environment that's suicidal.

Mach 1

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybr 2018 F150 Lariat 3.5 ECO
Akuma, i need to check, i have gotten 430m on E mode i know, maybe not 500m, but sounds like a good goal.

That are both GREAT vehicles. I have owned ECOBOOSTS in my f150 for 11 yrs now. 3 different ECOBOOSTS.

I was glad Ford went with the ECOBOOSTS platurm instead of v8s like the others.

The ECOBOOSTS get great Fuel economy as i have gotten 30mpg out of my 2018 3.5 gen2 10speed. It gets 25-26 mpg regurarly.

I bleed blue and glad i own the Mav and my f150, superior trucks in my opinion.

The competition is out there, not here.

Rodeoman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0l Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have actually wondered what millage does a Mav hybrid get driving a min of 4 hours at 85mph? Does the battery help in this case? This is common for me and just wanted to get an idea.

Mach 1

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybr 2018 F150 Lariat 3.5 ECO
Rodeo, now you have hit the hybrid in its weak spot, so you live in central Texas where we have the highest speed limit in the US? 85mph on 130.
The performance place in Houston Hennessey used the stretch to film a piece they were doing 200mph on it.

It is the fastest highway in US. Also the deadliest!

I am glad i dont have to drive that fast to get somewhere. Now i have a nice 1969 Mach 1 we can take out there, and run down the road.
Sponsored