Fastfoord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You also need to know how many production lines the maverick is run on & how many will run on this third shift.
Sponsored

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I ordered MY24 back in September. I hope the quality doesn’t decrease. Ohh, Could this also be because of the stout being rumored?
Ford Maverick 3rd production shift being added for Maverick assembly at Hermosillo plant in July! debbiedowner

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Could someone post the current production capability at Hermisillo? IE: How many shifts per day, hours/shift, production days per week, weeks per year.
Best we can determine they run two 8+ hour shifts 5 days a week. They have just one final assembly line that can produce around 1200 vehicles per day. Those vehicles are split between the Bronco Sport and the Maverick.

Last year with supply constraints they produced more Bronco Sports due to its higher margins than the Mavericks. This year it looks like they may be shifting some production towards the Maverick.

Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Could someone post the current production capability at Hermisillo? IE: How many shifts per day, hours/shift, production days per week, weeks per year.
Hard to say. In 2022, that plant built 225,522 total vehicles between the Bronco Sport and the Maverick. That is 4,422 vehicles per week between the two models or just over 442 vehicles per shift. During their best month, Ford built roughly 227 Mavericks in a single shift.

This is based on their published production reports and basic math (51 weeks with two shifts).

Last edited:
OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Nice, but idk how much this would affect MY23 orders especially hybrid
Well Adding the third shift in July should give them 3-4 solid months of extra 2023 production in 23.

Lou'sBluMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Chevy Colorado(sold Oct) 2018 Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Per Automate: "2 8hr shifts per prodn day, 5 days a week"
I f my Mav was built on a typical day of 910 (57 per hour) vehicles then the 212K vehicles (Bronco sports + Mavericks) could have been done in 233 Prodn days. The '22 data shows 35% were Mavericks. If 35% of the Mavericks could be Hybrids, that would be only 112 hybrids per Prodn day. If the plant ran 3 shifts per day , the prod'n could increase by 50%. But an additional problem is also present in that I dont see why the plant couldn't run 320 prodn days per year which would be another 37 % increase in production. Seems to presently be an ineffecient use of capital investment for a sold-out poduct withour having to build a new plant ( and that's just considering this one prodn line!)

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Per Automate: "2 8hr shifts per prodn day, 5 days a week"
I f my Mav was built on a typical day of 910 (57 per hour) vehicles then the 212K vehicles (Bronco sports + Mavericks) could have been done in 233 Prodn days. The '22 data shows 35% were Mavericks. If 35% of the Mavericks could be Hybrids, that would be only 112 hybrids per Prodn day. If the plant ran 3 shifts per day , the prod'n could increase by 50%. But an additional problem is also present in that I dont see why the plant couldn't run 320 prodn days per year which would be another 37 % increase in production. Seems to presently be an ineffecient use of capital investment for a sold-out poduct withour having to build a new plant ( and that's just considering this one prodn line!)
The plant is definitely not running at full capacity due to parts constraints.

Hybrid parts are mostly likely limited by the lithium batteries or the rare earth magnets in the two motor/generators.

The hitch constraint is caused by the module (with chips) that drives the trailer connector. So chips issues are still holding things back also.

Last edited:

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hard to say. In 2022, that plant built 225,522 total vehicles between the Bronco Sport and the Maverick. That is 4,422 vehicles per week between the two models or just over 442 vehicles per shift. During their best month, Ford built roughly 227 Mavericks in a single shift.

This is based on their published production reports and basic math (51 weeks with two shifts).
I think they run production less than 51 weeks per year with holiday and other planned maintenance shut downs.

Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think they run production less than 51 weeks per year with holiday and other planned maintenance shut downs.
Yeah, I know about the Christmas shutdown. But it is harder to pinpoint the rest. I could go month by month, but who knows if Ford plans to match 2022 production numbers. One would assume that is the plan.

bioned

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well Adding the third shift in July should give them 3-4 solid months of extra 2023 production in 23.
A lot more EBs for stock.
I really want to believe this is good news to hybrid orders, but seeing the ford incompetence over the last year makes me doubt that, I'm always going to assume the worst of ford until I survive the 2000 mile drive back home, because even IF its built, I'd doubt the built quality.

Yeah. $50 saying the shift is purely for EB and they have no plans to improve hybrid constraint whatsoever.

Last edited:

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I really want to believe this is good news to hybrid orders, but seeing the ford incompetence over the last year makes me doubt that, I'm always going to assume the worst of ford until I survive the 2000 mile drive back home, because even IF its built, I'd doubt the built quality.

Yeah. $50 saying the shift is purely for EB and they have no plans to improve hybrid constraint whatsoever.
Given the line is also used for Bronco Sport, there is no guarantee the extra capacity is intended for Maverick. That said, I think we will see a proportional growth in both models.
Sponsored