Sponsored

Any chatter from Ford regarding additional assembly plants being added for production?

Shecster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A Ford - 1971 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Curious if there has been any talk from Ford about increased production from additional assembly plants? Perhaps it is premature to hope for that........
Sponsored

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd just relax, in a year there will be rows and rows of these at every dealer. Even with the massive vehicle shortage, there are 6.9K Escapes on dealer lots right now per Autotrader, and that was the new hotness for 2020.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
Curious if there has been any talk from Ford about increased production from additional assembly plants? Perhaps it is premature to hope for that........
Highly doubtful, do you have any idea what it costs to retool an assembly line?

Besides, those plants can produce hundreds of vehicles a day. Over 1 per minute. The constraint is production of a few components, not plant capability. At full capacity, Hermosillo can produce 80,000 vehicles in 100 days. That’s the entire number of preorders.

the Mavericks are not even due to hit dealerships until mid September. This is all preproduction presently.

merit double edit yes I meant edit you stupid keyboard, not merit and what I typed has nothing to do with global warming. You (autocorrect) are making political statements in my typing which not only contradict what I say, but don’t even make sense

I have to find a decent keyboard replacement for iOS

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shecster

Shecster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A Ford - 1971 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Highly doubtful, do you have any idea what it costs to retool an assembly line?

Besides, those plants can produce hundreds of vehicles a day. Over 1 per minute. The constraint is production of a few components, not plant capability. At full capacity, Hermosillo can produce 80,000 vehicles in 100 days. That’s the entire number of preorders.

the Mavericks are not even due to hit dealerships until mid September. This is all preproduction presently.

merit double edit yes I meant edit you stupid keyboard, not merit and what I typed has nothing to do with global warming. You (autocorrect) are making political statements in my typing which not only contradict what I say, but don’t even make sense

I have to find a decent keyboard replacement for iOS
Thanks for the input.... I wasn’t aware of the plants full capacity so it sounds like good news. Hope to see them roll into our lives soon.
Take care......
Sponsored