MimiE

First Name
Mitzi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
M

That sounds like my stirred. Two diffferent orders from two dealers. And the same dates. I am also being high jacketed for the second order and Ford changing the specs by adding the AWD package and saying the first dealer did not do thier job in a timely fashion. $2200 extra does not make for customer relations

and the Xmas deliver promise is slipping away
And I hear that people with more than order are now at the bottom of the list
I thought Ford was waiving the upgrade charge on orders for FWD that wanted tow before they changed that build?
Sponsored

Wriccitelli01

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford E150
M

That sounds like my stirred. Two diffferent orders from two dealers. And the same dates. I am also being high jacketed for the second order and Ford changing the specs by adding the AWD package and saying the first dealer did not do thier job in a timely fashion. $2200 extra does not make for customer relations

and the Xmas deliver promise is slipping away
And I hear that people with more than order are now at the bottom of the list
Oh, and I am a Stock Holder!!!!

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All people do what is best for them (spend the least money), not best for thier neighbors (support a local business). So if a company uses higher priced components their end product will cost more and everyone will just buy the cheaper one. We are doing it to ourselves with our lust for cheap stuff (no matter the quality or cost to those around us).
I guess that I am not "All people" as I do not buy the "cheap stuff (no matter the quality)". I also don't buy the most expensive item with the mistaken belief that because it is the most expensive it must be the best.

Between the most expensive and the least expensive is what I seek "the best bang for the buck while not forgoing quality".

Hence as my signature shows: Buying an XLT Maverick.

Wriccitelli01

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford E150
Oh, and I am a Stock Holder!!!!
They were if the dealer submittted the order in a timely fashion but the did not. And when Ford accepts the orde they said change it. To the AWD. THEY WOUKD NOT REC IEVE IT unless I changed it

ReddWulf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick FX4, Harley Road King Classic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yessssss that SUPER COOL PAINT COLOR! We be stylin'! Or at least we WILL be, when we get our trucks....lol
I just KNEW I shouldn't have checked email. :eek:

Ford Maverick Maverick production suspended today Friday (10/15) at Hermosillo Mexico plant on material shortage 1634357417552

Sponsored

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My build week has now been pushed back twice, from 10/11 to 10/25.

Frustrating.

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid, Mini 4 door
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just to say, my order was placed and confirmed on 6/14 and I have never had a scheduled date or build date or anything. Nada. I'd really like to know how orders get into the queue. Does anyone know how that works?

OP
OP
The Weatherman

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just to say, my order was placed and confirmed on 6/14 and I have never had a scheduled date or build date or anything. Nada. I'd really like to know how orders get into the queue. Does anyone know how that works?
It is a complex matrix of decision making that includes specs of your order compared to available components , the allocation available to your dealer, the regional allocation, the date of your order and the number of orders at your dealer.

Im sure there are other nuisances that go into it, but that’s it in a nut shell.

MimiE

First Name
Mitzi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
[QUOTE="The Weatherman, post: 73309, member:

Im sure there are other nuisances that go into it, but that’s it in a nut shell.
[/QUOTE]
Are we entirely sure at this point it isn't a shell game? Lol :sneaky:

OP
OP
The Weatherman

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Attachments

Sponsored

vap0rtranz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav Hybrid XLT, '17 Chevy Colo Z71 diesel
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When will we (America) wake up and stop having EVERYTHING made in China?
That debate has been going on since the Rebels ("Americans") revolted against good ol King George. My ancestors were happy fur trapping & growing tobacco to export so they could drink tea & spices imported from India & China. Boston Tea Party and all that jazz, like switching to coffee to stick it to the Brits. Globalization has been going on for a long, long time but most folks fell asleep in history class. If we had the old paper ledgers from Henry Ford himself, I wonder how many parts & materials he imported to build the models A & T.

<-- returns to sipping coffee from Columbia.

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
That debate has been going on since the Rebels ("Americans") revolted against good ol King George. My ancestors were happy fur trapping & growing tobacco to export so they could drink tea & spices imported from India & China. Boston Tea Party and all that jazz, like switching to coffee to stick it to the Brits. Globalization has been going on for a long, long time but most folks fell asleep in history class. If we had the old paper ledgers from Henry Ford himself, I wonder how many parts & materials he imported to build the models A & T.

<-- returns to sipping coffee from Columbia.
Colombia*
Sorry, as a Latino man, I cringe when I see this. No disrespect intended, as I’m sure some phone auto correct that, and your insight into globalization throughout history is greatly appreciated and something people don’t realize.

Please don’t flame me. 😅🤭

Txjay

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XJ
https://www.reuters.com/article/ford-mexico-idUSKBN2H42D9

Ford to suspend production on Friday at Mexico plant on materials shortage

Ford Hermosillo Mexico Plant Production Factory.jpg

October 14, 2021

MEXICO CITY (Reuters) -U.S. automaker Ford Motor Co will temporarily suspend production on Friday at its Hermosillo plant in Mexico’s Sonora state due to a shortage of materials, the plant’s labor union said on Thursday.

Workers will be paid 75% of salaries on Friday, the union added.

Ford had also suspended production from Oct. 11-12 at its Hermosillo plant, where it makes its Bronco Sport SUV and Maverick compact pickup.

The union did not specify which materials were in short supply, but other automakers have been struggling with a chip shortage as manufacturers shifted production toward parts needed for laptop computers, cellphones and video games during the pandemic.

Ford did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Earlier this month, Ford said it would suspend production at its Flat Rock, Michigan, plant and at parts of its Kansas City, Missouri, plant.
For all the people who want America to be like the rest of the world their wish has come true.

vengo97

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My tracker now shows in production 10/14 and built on 10/15 so it was not an all week shutdown. I was scheduled for production the week of 10/11, and the dealer told me a couple weeks ago that my actual build date was scheduled for 10/15

OP
OP
The Weatherman

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My tracker now shows in production 10/14 and built on 10/15 so it was not an all week shutdown. I was scheduled for production the week of 10/11, and the dealer told me a couple weeks ago that my actual build date was scheduled for 10/15
I don’t think anyone ever said it was all week. Last week it was announced that the factory would be down two days 10/11-12. Then mid-week they announced it would also be down on Friday. So it did run on Wed and Thurs.

My truck was scheduled for the week before 10/4, but shows a production start date of 10/14 and built date of 10/15 also.

My Bad: it was 10/13 & 10/14.
Sponsored

Last edited: