Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You assume Ford makes any profit on Maverick Hybrid....I doubt they do. I'm sure they are sold at a loss so Ford can meet CAFE standards - there is zero incentive to build more than they mathematically need to.
Ford makes money on the Maverick Hybrid. Ford themselves has said they specifically designed it to be low cost. I will guarantee you they make more on an Hybrid Lariat LUX with BAP than they do a stripped EcoBoost XL.

Also, the 2022 Escape Hybrid was cheaper than the corresponding 2022 Escape 2.0 EB. This is a 30K plus vehicle that no one thinks is a loss leader.
Sponsored

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You assume Ford makes any profit on Maverick Hybrid....I doubt they do. I'm sure they are sold at a loss so Ford can meet CAFE standards - there is zero incentive to build more than they mathematically need to.
That is a HUGE assumption,. Maybe on the base xl BUT on a 30 K Lariat I highly doubt it

Rowerwet

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 frontier, 2016 grand Caravan
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford cut off fleet sales orders a few months ago, this could very well be the answer to allowing fleet sales again, but probably only EB.
It's actually good for consumers though because if dealers start getting piles of EB stock orders on their lots, the markups will have to go away and possibly incentives will be offered to sell them.
Baby Broncos are getting incentives now, and they're not the top seller in their segment.
At 30 mpg, the EB Maverick would easily take over the 32 mpg focus CAFE slot allowing more mustang's and trucks.
A bump in hybrids would be nice, but the battery market is crazy right now and new production is facing all kinds of challenges.

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A bump in hybrids would be nice, but the battery market is crazy right now and new production is facing all kinds of challenges.
If Ford were smart about it they would allow the hybrid maverick to accept a Lithium Ion or Ni-mh battery, similar to what toyota does with the Rav-4. Solutions are there if Ford wants to look for them.

Gooberhamm

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota Corolla S Premium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm sure-I hope-Ford has Quality Assurance inspectors through the production process, or can you imagine how much worse their problems would be? However, Ford's 6 Sigma program isn't as good as Toyota's.

Sponsored

OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ford cut off fleet sales orders a few months ago, this could very well be the answer to allowing fleet sales again, but probably only EB.
It's actually good for consumers though because if dealers start getting piles of EB stock orders on their lots, the markups will have to go away and possibly incentives will be offered to sell them.
Baby Broncos are getting incentives now, and they're not the top seller in their segment.
At 30 mpg, the EB Maverick would easily take over the 32 mpg focus CAFE slot allowing more mustang's and trucks.
EB Maverick only gets 1 mpg more overall than a 2.3 EB Mustang. 26 vs. 25 combined.

Michaelkov

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW X1, 2018 Toyota Rav4, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I didn't see anything posted on this, but the Maverick plant is adding a 3rd shift!
I hope this means more hybrids coming.

https://www.uniradioinforma.com/not...urno-en-planta-ford-hermosillo.html#gsc.tab=0

Translated text:

A third shift will open in July at the Ford Hermosillo plant
January 19, 2023​
Hermosillo.- As of July, the Ford plant will open a third work shift with the hiring of 1,100 new direct workers and around 5,000 indirect jobs, which will trigger the economic growth of the region, indicated JesĂşs Gámez GarcĂ­a .​
The president of the Sonora National Council of the Maquiladora and Export Manufacturing Industry (Index) said that this opening is due to the high sales in the United States of the Maverick truck, assembled in Hermosillo, which forces an increase in the workforce.​
"This pick up is the one that is triggering the opening of a third shift, it would be very good and I know that Ford executives have been commenting on it, seeking to bring new suppliers for Ford here, because as we create a local production chain, type cluster, we become more competitive and logistics costs and delivery times are reduced”.​

He mentioned that this also favors the attraction of more Ford supply companies and it is estimated that in total about 14 thousand jobs will be created this year around the automotive industry.

Gámez García, explained that the hiring will begin in the coming weeks and it is expected that with the opening of the third shift there will be a total of 7,000 employees at the Ford plant. He also commented that this year, the maquiladora and manufacturing industry will contribute to the generation of 15,000 new direct jobs due to the arrival of new businesses in Sonora.
https://fordauthority.com/2023/01/ford-maverick-assembly-plant-to-add-third-shift-this-july/

OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

reneau

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Chevrolet Colorado, Mustang 1966
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There you go!! Excellent idea! Ship me my parts, knock 8,000 off the price and let me assemble it myself!
Large box....some assembly required! Needs to come with a tool requirement list.
Sponsored