First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
if i have to go somewhere far from my home ill probably bring with me some small tiny clamps and anything that can help re attach the wire to the pole..

i can't believe we are thinking like this on a brand new 2022. This is so ridiculous.
My thoughts exactly! $2 clamp to the rescue.

OK supplier provided defective cables, sh*t happens. Now Ford own it and don't jerk folks around with bad warranty experiences.

Cheers.

lyndendriver

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick xlt
I am thinking about dropping the maverick hybrid with 3k miles on it. I absolutely loved mine too, but I absolutely must have a reliable vehicle.

When I was accelerating onto a road, probably at about 60-70% power my maverick's engine stopped working. It flashed "stopped safely now". The problem was, I was in traffic and in the middle lane. I also got stuck at a light. When I came to a stop at the light it shut off completely, I couldn't turn it back on, I couldn't even shift it into drive or neutral to push it. After a few minutes i was able to get it started again, but only in full electric mode so that I could limp to the side of the road.

I have never even accelerated to 100% with this truck, never towed anything, and I normally drive it like a grandma to get the best mpg, so I have really babied it. Very upsetting experience. Makes me worried about future reliability. Looks like this has happened to other people as well, waiting on the dealership to provide me with some details on what is wrong.
It's an ongoing problem... Didn't even get mine off the lot... Ford knows what it is but is sending other parts that are cheaper to try and fix it... the problem is a control module... I am currently waiting on mine to get here and they are not even going to be shipped from the depot in Detroit till at least the 22nd of this month !!!!

stick

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep wrangler 4xe; 13 vw gli; 21 maverick xlt
No, I got a quote and I am looking into trading it in. It is still being looked at by the ford dealership. The Toyota dealership offered 43k for a trade in, so I'm 99% sure I'll be taking that deal.
sorry for your experience - but I will wave to you as you sit and get gas and I drive by. good luck. I love my truck, most functional vehicle ever and averaging 42 so for mixed driving. wow!

Sponsored

tngreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
It's an ongoing problem... Didn't even get mine off the lot... Ford knows what it is but is sending other parts that are cheaper to try and fix it... the problem is a control module... I am currently waiting on mine to get here and they are not even going to be shipped from the depot in Detroit till at least the 22nd of this month !!!!
What sort of control module...any articles on this yet? Be interesting to read...I hope FMC worked this out before mine is built...

MojoJojo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav Hybrid XLT
2 Hybrids for me, one has 8000 miles and one has 6000. One had couple of incidents of shudder when it was under 1000 miles and the slight surge i feel whenever ICE kicks in (which could be normal) as that happens with my second Maverick as well. No other problems so far and i get between 37-39 MPG (90% highway, drive 225 miles a day with average speed around 75 MPH) dont know about how others feel but to me those MPG's are phenomenal even when you compare them to the eco boost for the ones who argue that Hybrid is useless on highways. BTW thats hand calculation of MPG's at every fill up i did. Still do it even though i consistently get same results.

Now that does not mean i do not anticiapte problems down the road, i bought this truck knowing its a first gen model and i am going to be the most robust test mule for Ford. Although i do believe car manufacturers have improved a lot over the years and its not always the case nowadays that first gen is going to have many problems.

One of my besties had a 4Runner and that also mid 2000's model with legendary reliability - guess what it was always in the shop for one thing or the other. In the end Toyota bought it back as a lemon i believe.

I also have another vehicle that on online forums is known to be notoriously un-reliable and problem prone. The "VW Atlas" mine so far has had no issues (knock on wood) almost 20,000 miles on it. I dont like how its transmission operates but thats a separate issue of me not liking it.

I hope everyone who is facing issues get them resolved so they can enjoy this marvellous little truck and for the ones who are in fear that they will get a bad truck, well that could happen with any car you buy in todays modern high technology based engineering in my humble opinion.

Unless you buy the Land Cruiser or LX570 those dino's aint gonna die no matter what :ROFLMAO:

Joe Mav

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 F 150 XL
Use your warranty as 1st resort and investigate your state's Lemon Laws for any next steps. I lived in CA who as usual led the way on those. It required 3 trips to the dealer for repair on the same issue before it could legally be declared a Lemon- which forced manufacturer to buy it back and give you full refund.

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve had mine since December and no issues. My addiction to accessorizing is another thing!

LOL, I feel you on those accessories. I also concur 7,000 miles now on mine since Jan and other than an oil change. She's been perfect! I am also amazed how you get a few negative post and then everyone is talking about oh these things are unreliable. That is the biggest bunch of nonsense ever posted.

Sponsored

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am hoping that maybe I get a vin# issued soon, and maybe by august/september I might have the dang thing in my driveway. But hey any of these issues going on with hopefully will be resolved before they build mine. I went ecoboost specifically for the AWD. It's kind of needed where I live. West Texas. Land of wacky snow storms and freezes every winter, and a lack of snow removal equipment. Had the hybrid been available as AWD, I would have selected that.

Been picking out accessories for this thing. Honestly I think it's going to take me about 2 days to doll it all up when it finally gets here. If my wifey likes it, we may be picking out a hybrid for her next year, and ditching the grand caravan.waiting on credit card statement to close for this go round, so I can order a few more goodies.

Last edited:

JimWinchester

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Ranger, 2016 Honda Accord ,2011 Ranger
I am thinking about dropping the maverick hybrid with 3k miles on it. I absolutely loved mine too, but I absolutely must have a reliable vehicle.

When I was accelerating onto a road, probably at about 60-70% power my maverick's engine stopped working. It flashed "stopped safely now". The problem was, I was in traffic and in the middle lane. I also got stuck at a light. When I came to a stop at the light it shut off completely, I couldn't turn it back on, I couldn't even shift it into drive or neutral to push it. After a few minutes i was able to get it started again, but only in full electric mode so that I could limp to the side of the road.

I have never even accelerated to 100% with this truck, never towed anything, and I normally drive it like a grandma to get the best mpg, so I have really babied it. Very upsetting experience. Makes me worried about future reliability. Looks like this has happened to other people as well, waiting on the dealership to provide me with some details on what is wrong.
I think that if must have overheard you calling it Trucklett or Not a Real Truck so it is rejecting you.

scotty

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge caravan
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am not sure why people have to argue if this is a problem or not. If you don't have a issue then move on, no need to post. There are people that do have issues and don't need this tread cluttered with unhelpful post (like mine). Admin needs to clean this up.
The person that posted has an important question for himself. He is a planner. He takes a proactive stance. There are "what if" questions that face us in life. The poster has the ability to ask the designed question and should be reprimanded for asking. Companies, government, military, people etc do this all the time

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A few owners are reporting chewed wires - caused by squirrels and mice. I think that's a good place to start... may not even be a Ford issue?
Sponsored