Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
I am thinking about dropping the maverick hybrid with 3k miles on it. I absolutely loved mine too, but I absolutely must have a reliable vehicle.

When I was accelerating onto a road, probably at about 60-70% power my maverick's engine stopped working. It flashed "stopped safely now". The problem was, I was in traffic and in the middle lane. I also got stuck at a light. When I came to a stop at the light it shut off completely, I couldn't turn it back on, I couldn't even shift it into drive or neutral to push it. After a few minutes i was able to get it started again, but only in full electric mode so that I could limp to the side of the road.

I have never even accelerated to 100% with this truck, never towed anything, and I normally drive it like a grandma to get the best mpg, so I have really babied it. Very upsetting experience. Makes me worried about future reliability. Looks like this has happened to other people as well, waiting on the dealership to provide me with some details on what is wrong.
Good morning. I would like to look into your Maverick's error messages and performance concerns on my end. To get started, can you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer?
Sponsored

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good morning. I would like to look into your Maverick's error messages and performance concerns on my end. To get started, can you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer?
Cant get much better personal service than this. Actual FoMoCo account thats wanting to help fix your issue. This is great to see.

wjg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The way I see it is if people on this forum are having lots of issues imagine all the ones that don't post on forums that are probably having the same issue.
Can't really agree with that line of thinking. Sure there are people with problems not posting here, but reality says people with problems are more likely to say something than people with no problems.

I have had my Maverick Hybrid since late December. Almost 8000 miles on it and not one problem or complaint. Love this truck, it's quickly becoming my favorite vehicle ever. I would buy another with out any hesitation.

I do feel for those who haven't had the same experience as myself. But I believe I am part of the majority not the minority.

Lastly, coming out of Michigan winter I continue to see my gas mileage improve, with the last 2 fill ups averaging 44 mpg, figured at the pump. 😍

Msjulie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Atlas Blue Metallic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Back when the Explorer was a new model, we got one. In the first few months the thermostat failed (car ran cold). Otherwise it was running well enough so in the next months 2 other family members got one. By this time ours was showing rust super early (New England) and it appeared to be a defect in the way the lower rockers were designed. The lower panel had a raised edge where 2 pieces came together such that the joint was blasted by sand etc when driving.

Meanwhile the other 2 family members had failing thermostats as well. So one issue seemed to be quality control with the part, the other a design flaw.

Lets hope this hybrid issue really is just less-than-perfect assembly vs a design flaw. Either way it's worth watching the outcome and seeing if other reports start adding up.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can't really agree with that line of thinking. Sure there are people with problems not posting here, but reality says people with problems are more likely to say something than people with no problems.

I have had my Maverick Hybrid since late December. Almost 8000 miles on it and not one problem or complaint. Love this truck, it's quickly becoming my favorite vehicle ever. I would buy another with out any hesitation.

I do feel for those who haven't had the same experience as myself. But I believe I am part of the majority not the minority.

Lastly, coming out of Michigan winter I continue to see my gas mileage improve, with the last 2 fill ups averaging 44 mpg, figured at the pump. 😍
That may be true, but not everybody who owns one of these is on this forum. I found it on accident when looking for information about these vehicles. I became a member in december 2021, and stumbled onto the Granger deal on dec 26th. Sure with any mass produced vehicle theres going to be some problems. Anything made by humans can be flawed. The Japanese and Korean manufacturers are by no means perfect either.

My 94 silverado i bought new had an issue with the RH door power window not going up. It happened 1 time when the truck was under warranty. I left the window down while at work. Had no choice neither button would raise it up. After work it went up. I still have the truck. Its 28 years old, and never had an issue with that again. I never bothered with it further.

Point I'm trying to make is, electrical issues can be funny sometimes. Hard to diagnose, or trace. The good thing is that Ford has taken interest in why your hybrid is screwing up. They have a big vested interest in this. If it's a manufacturing mistake or parts defect they want to fix it.

Negative publicity goes through the internet like wildfire. Positive publicity never seems to get that far. I am guessing for 2023 they are going to flip the manufacturing to a more hybrid over ecoboost ratio since with the cost of gasoline this is looking like the way most buyers will want to go. Cant have a flawed product and negative publicity if you want to do that.

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm getting 43k for a trade in on a tacoma. It'll be gone soon. I've had numerous issues with mine, so it's probably a lemon through and through.
Use your warranty as 1st resort and investigate your state's Lemon Laws for any next steps. I lived in CA who as usual led the way on those. It required 3 trips to the dealer for repair on the same issue before it could legally be declared a Lemon- which forced manufacturer to buy it back and give you full refund.

MAVRICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Any
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Cant get much better personal service than this. Actual FoMoCo account thats wanting to help fix your issue. This is great to see.
This does nothing ... zero follow up ... zero feedback ... zero solutions ... pure public relations ... a waste of time ... I speak from personal experience.

OP
OP
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy cruze
This does nothing ... zero follow up ... zero feedback ... zero solutions ... pure public relations ... a waste of time ... I speak from experience.
They responded to my DM and asked for additional info on where my truck is and stuff. We will see if it is PR or not.

MAVRICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Any
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They responded to my DM and asked for additional info on where my truck is and stuff. We will see if it is PR or not.
Same with me ... got a reference number ... 3+ weeks ago ... as of today, zilch.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I read that article when it came out and I think you are misunderstanding the main point of the article, and here specifically, mis-representing the conclusion and future impact. It was about streamlining the cumbersome and time consuming internal multi-level milestone sign off process- NOT rushing products to market without comprehensive testing & development in all areas (including Safety, QA, etc.) as was always done in the past, or skipping important/critical/mandated DVT internally/externally along the way.

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dude, why are you beating this dead horse? You are taking a tiny issue and blowing it way out of proportion for some reason I can't fathom. I remember maybe 1-2 posters on here reporting they had some rear cabin leakage, and showed a picture of what looked like a slightly deformed or mis- aligned rubber molding they believed was the cause of it. That was early in production and the thread dried up pretty quickly. No stop-ship or recall issued to fix it? Stuff like that happens in mass production and is unavoidable. I can tell you it would have been caught at some point if it was widespread, but they would not do an immediate production line full stop to investigate. It would be handled after the fact by some combination of QA, Purchasing and Design engineering to find out exactly what happened and initiate corrective actions.

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' EcoSport SES, 22' Lariat Lux FX4 Eco Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm getting 43k for a trade in on a tacoma. It'll be gone soon. I've had numerous issues with mine, so it's probably a lemon through and through.
So yesterday you start this thread but you already have it traded off? What was the point of this thread then? Seems a little suspect...

OP
OP
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy cruze
So yesterday you start this thread but you already have it traded off? What was the point of this thread then? Seems a little suspect...
No, I got a quote and I am looking into trading it in. It is still being looked at by the ford dealership. The Toyota dealership offered 43k for a trade in, so I'm 99% sure I'll be taking that deal.

Nomadikhan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 Daytona Shelby Z, 07 Yaris, 22 Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
All the reasons and issues posted here, especially in the hybrids, are why I stayed with conventional gas engine. Sure they too can have issues, but so far I’ve not had a single issue with my XLT eco.

I feel for everyone that is having bad experiences, truly.
Sponsored