First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was driving my ā€˜23 Ecoboost Maverick without issue, but suddenly the service engine light came on. The code is P0456 (EVAP/Emissions related to the purge valve.) No issues otherwise during my ~3k miles of ownership.

I have an appointment scheduled with a dealer, but figured Iā€™d see if anyone else has had a similar issue - for what I was able to search this hasnā€™t come up. No spray in bed liner or open recalls, so Iā€™m guessing just faulty parts
The possibility of liquid fuel getting into the purge valve if tank is topped off is much greater and is why topping off when fueling up is not recommended.

IconicSilverMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not saying this is what caused OPs issue, but something just popped into my head. Make sure y'all aren't "topping off" your tanks after the pump cuts off at the gas station. Doing so can cause some codes to show. I know many people do it without an issue, but topping off could indeed be a source of an EVAP code. Again, not saying this is what caused OPs issue, just wanted to post it up because it crossed my mind.

generalmgr

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Update #2: After going back and forth with the dealer, they told me Ford would not accept the work under warranty. I opened a customer case with Ford and long story short, even up getting nowhere with the Ford representative. I tried to escalate and show the representatives instances of this happening with other members, but their response was ultimately they canā€™t do anything, so just go to another dealer to see if theyā€™ll cover it under warranty. The dealer basically wanted me to replace the entire EVAP system because of the undercoating (absurd).

Needless to say Iā€™m frustrated with Ford and their dealership networkā€¦.it really is a shame that itā€™s so hit-or-miss.

After some testing and research, Iā€™ve narrowed it down to the now infamous part NZ6Z9D333A that many members know is on galactic back order with no ETA from Ford. Iā€™ll update the thread once I have the part/get the truck fixed.
I had the same code on my truck for many months. Haven't been driving it much, only about 3600 miles in the 9 months I've had it. Last week I took a flyer and had the code cleared (again, for like the 4th time), and drove it about 100 miles over the weekend...light never came back on. Last 3 times I had it cleared it came back on within a couple miles, so crossing my fingers it does not come back.

Background - I too have fluid film undercoating, but my dealer was covering the fix under warranty, when and if the part ever comes in (supposedly on November 20). That said, I can relate about the dealer network... the dealer I bought the truck from is half decent (not great by any means), the dealer closest to my house is totally incompetent, and just not nice or in any way customer focused....always looking for a way out of a warranty repair. And I just don't get that at all. They get reimbursed from Ford and should overall be making more $$ on service than selling cars. It is just weird, the vibe I get from Ford overall. I can't imagine I'll buy another new vehicle from them.

Check out which company occupies 2 of the bottom 4 in JD Power. This is what happens when companies make money in spite of themselves. Wonder if this ranking would be the same of Ford didn't have the F150 to rely on.

Ford Maverick Service Engine - EVAP Code P0456 @ 3k Miles 1699887441339

OP
OP

ChrisFe

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well after 3 months, my truck is finally fixed. The part (NZ6Z-9D289-H) came in from Ford Parts (side note: Ford Parts slapped a shipping label on the plastic bag the part was placed in after manufacturing - no cardboard box or padded bag. The line wasnā€™t broken when it arrived, but needless to say I was not impressed with Ford shipping practices.)

Anyways, I replaced the line and the code has been cleared - no issues so far. Good luck to anyone else who runs into this issue.

Sponsored

unclerunkle

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had this same issue - P0451 and P0496. I also happened to have undercoated the Mav.

Dealer replaced part# NZ6Z-9D333H "Hose - Connecting 1" under warranty today. Notes say they "removed and replaced fuel tank pressure sensor" however. Where is this hose and/or pressure sensor located?

BlueSpec1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT 2.5L, 22 Escape Plug In, 23 Bolt EUV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had this same issue - P0451 and P0496. I also happened to have undercoated the Mav.

Dealer replaced part# NZ6Z-9D333H "Hose - Connecting 1" under warranty today. Notes say they "removed and replaced fuel tank pressure sensor" however. Where is this hose and/or pressure sensor located?
There's a couple of electrical connectors between the EVAP cannister on the left hand side and the gas tank.
Ford Maverick Service Engine - EVAP Code P0456 @ 3k Miles Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor and Tube - Ecoboost Ford Maverick Service Engine - EVAP Code P0456 @ 3k Miles Fuel Tank Pressure (FTP) Transducer C3123 - LH Side
Sponsored