Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dude, why are you beating this dead horse? You are taking a tiny issue and blowing it way out of proportion for some reason I can't fathom. I remember maybe 1-2 posters on here reporting they had some rear cabin leakage, and showed a picture of what looked like a slightly deformed or mis- aligned rubber molding they believed was the cause of it.
It's just the way the rear door seal is designed. When opening the rear doors the water sitting on the upper seal tends to gutter all at once towards the hinge end of the door which puts it on a trajectory to dump into the passenger footwell.
Sponsored

Cannedtunafishisgood

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
I am not sure why people have to argue if this is a problem or not. If you don't have a issue then move on, no need to post. There are people that do have issues and don't need this tread cluttered with unhelpful post (like mine). Admin needs to clean this up.

nrgSebastian

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My hybrid only has 800 miles.. it was a march built. the only issue i seam to have is a coolant lost . Other than that it is running fine.

this dead engine issue makes me worry because i plan to road trip where getting towed could be a pain. Especially if its sunday night and everything is closed.. i really don't want to stall in a tunnel or in a middle of a bridge 6 hours drive from my house either…know what i mean

should i bring a ratchet set and overtight the harness everyone seem to be pointing?

is there a preventive measure to avoid the dead stall?

i will definitely get rid of my hybrid before the warranty ends.
I am planning to drive 500 miles from my home…the thought of stalling while driving on I95 is terrifying …I will take the truck to the dealer to check out the harness it is the only way I will take this trip.

YOBY

First Name
Yoby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV 4 / 2022 Maverick Lariat
I read that article when it came out and I think you are misunderstanding the main point of the article, and here specifically, mis-representing the conclusion and future impact. It was about streamlining the cumbersome and time consuming internal multi-level milestone sign off process- NOT rushing products to market without comprehensive testing & development in all areas (including Safety, QA, etc.) as was always done in the past, or skipping important/critical/mandated DVT internally/externally along the way.
I hear your point, but before all that streamlining, with all those years of testing, can you explain how this happens? So, to make things better you cut the review team in half. Half the corporate knowledge on any job is not a wise idea to save time. Remember the old adage " Haste Makes Waste"

The Top 10 Most Problematic Cars | YourMechanic Advice

Tallymav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have my hybrid since January with approx 3500k without issues until yesterday. Drove to a plaza and when I got out my key fob would not lock truck. Thought nothing of it. Came out 10 minutes later and no powe-nothing. Try to jump start it with portable 1000 amp unit-nothing . Towed to dealership. Anyone know if they have had this issue.
My hybrid xl has been at the dealer for 18 days so far. Same problem. Completely dead. No warning. Not driving just parked. They were confident at first it was just a fuse. Now they are looking at replacing the wiring harness which of course has to be ordered. I will post when I know something.

Sponsored

OP
OP
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy cruze
My hybrid xl has been at the dealer for 18 days so far. Same problem. Completely dead. No warning. Not driving just parked. They were confident at first it was just a fuse. Now they are looking at replacing the wiring harness which of course has to be ordered. I will post when I know something.
That sucks man, definitely keep us updated.

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When was yours built?

Error

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT Lux 360 Roof
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am planning to drive 500 miles from my home…the thought of stalling while driving on I95 is terrifying …I will take the truck to the dealer to check out the harness it is the only way I will take this trip.

if i have to go somewhere far from my home ill probably bring with me some small tiny clamps and anything that can help re attach the wire to the pole..

i can't believe we are thinking like this on a brand new 2022. This is so ridiculous.

OP
OP
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy cruze
I hope for all the hybrid owners out there that these issues I experienced are outliers. But certainly concerned me with how dangerous the issue was.

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hope for all the hybrid owners out there that these issues I experienced are outliers. But certainly concerned me with how dangerous the issue was.
I have 2 small kids and safety is my number one concern... As of the chat with Ford today my Maverick hybrid will be delivered to my dealer this weekend.

Sponsored

davidalexispr

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT AWD FX4 4KTow
Sorry OP. Keep us posted.

These horror stories have me thinking I should flip my Hybrid XLT (likely August delivery) and move on to something reliable. With my work I can't afford my car being FORD - Found on Road Dead. Frustrating because otherwise the Mav checks ALL boxes for me. Hoping Ford can figure this out. Maybe they've sourced substandard parts or inexperienced labor. Idk.
Get an ecoboost. That motor has been in production for a while. I haven't heard from reliability issues with the ecoboost Maverick.

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' EcoSport SES, 22' Lariat Lux FX4 Eco Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No, I got a quote and I am looking into trading it in. It is still being looked at by the ford dealership. The Toyota dealership offered 43k for a trade in, so I'm 99% sure I'll be taking that deal.
You said it would be gone soon. So, again, what was the point of the thread? Clearly not looking for a solution. To brag about how much profit you made so somebody else could get your lemon? Enjoy your Tacoma then, WTF cares?

So far, in almost all of the Hybrid issues that have come up, it has come back to that wiring harness. Not that it matters since yours is all but gone,
Sponsored