2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver Mav 2.0 AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
arrived Granger: 11/22
finance contact: 11/29 (factor in Thanksgiving)
Then I called: 12/03
ball's moving: 12/05 (have to wait Ford college rebate to kick in overnight)

College Rebate $750 > Farm Bureau $500, not stackable
X-Plan won't be stackable with Granger's offer (kind of strange, anyone has been luckier than me?)
Offered 36-month 0% but declined
Are you saying you tried to get $3k off the X-plan price? Not heard anyone mention or try that yet. I could have paid cash but took the 0% as its just interest free money with no strings (usually you forfeit a rebate or something but not in this case), you can still pay it off whenever you want.
Sponsored

Grozk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Cruz, Cayman, Mroadster
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
and with current inflation the dollar you spend next month and each month after that is worth less. By taking the 36 months at 0% the truck is technically ā€œcheaperā€.

At current money market rates (~3.75%) you can put the cash in and pay you monthly payment from that account and in 36 months be ahead. Even safer is to put 1/3 in a 2 year cd and 1/3 in a 1 year cd, 1/3 in the money market.

you could put it in the equity market as well, but with the roller coaster anticipated in the next 18 months you may be short when you donā€™t want to be.

NebraskaMan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
UPDATE:

Got the email today, will be talking to finance tomorrow and they asked when I we wanted to pick it up and I said Saturday!

Built 10/30

Arrived at Granger 11/29

Soon to be picked up :)

Edit: Built 10/30 not 10/03

Last edited:

WildHorse

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
and with current inflation the dollar you spend next month and each month after that is worth less. By taking the 36 months at 0% the truck is technically ā€œcheaperā€.

At current money market rates (~3.75%) you can put the cash in and pay you monthly payment from that account and in 36 months be ahead. Even safer is to put 1/3 in a 2 year cd and 1/3 in a 1 year cd, 1/3 in the money market.

you could put it in the equity market as well, but with the roller coaster anticipated in the next 18 months you may be short when you donā€™t want to be.
All you said is indeed true. But at the stage of my life, I just want to simplify my life. It has a price tag. Paying off in cash and losing the other "risk-free" income is the price tag I choose.

IwannaMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 XL Ecoboost Fwd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
UPDATE:

Got the email today, will be talking to finance tomorrow and they asked when I we wanted to pick it up and I said Saturday!

Built 10/3

Arrived at Granger 11/29

Soon to be picked up :)
Wow. Mine was built 9/26 and arrived 10/21. I guess I got really lucky. Enjoy your Maverick, their pretty nice.

Sponsored

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD šŸ˜‰
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
arrived Granger: 11/22
finance contact: 11/29 (factor in Thanksgiving)
Then I called: 12/03
ball's moving: 12/05 (have to wait Ford college rebate to kick in overnight)

College Rebate $750 > Farm Bureau $500, not stackable
X-Plan won't be stackable with Granger's offer (kind of strange, anyone has been luckier than me?)
Offered 36-month 0% but declined
X-Plan is a fixed price program. There is no negotiation or discount from the dealer permitted, per the terms of the program. Instead, you agree to buy and the dealer agrees to sell at the price set by Ford.

No one is really sure how Granger even has the margin to offer $3,000 off MSRP for this deal in the first place; they're likely not making any money on the lesser equipped trucks unless you finance with them. Granger would be in violation of the program rules, as would you, if they marked down below X-Plan price which potentially would block both of you from participating in the program going forward.

Wishful thinking, I know, being able to stack them. But again, neither the dealer nor Ford has the margin to stack, either $3k and X-Plan, or the different targeted offers (e.g. military, student, Farm Bureau, one sent in the mail, etc.).

boe757

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150, camry,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think 9AM and 1PM are the standard shuttle times.

I just got off the phone with the driver, Joe, and he said he has to make the first trip to DesMoines at 9:30 and will make a return trip later to pick me up (my flight is scheduled for 10:30AM).
Small airport, UBER pickup is out the ground transportation door -no signs inside - and to the right about 100 feet, sign post there, I did not wait for their transportation, UBER cost was $50.72. in case you want to go that route

WildHorse

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
X-Plan is a fixed price program. There is no negotiation or discount from the dealer permitted, per the terms of the program. Instead, you agree to buy and the dealer agrees to sell at the price set by Ford.

No one is really sure how Granger even has the margin to offer $3,000 off MSRP for this deal in the first place; they're likely not making any money on the lesser equipped trucks unless you finance with them. Granger would be in violation of the program rules, as would you, if they marked down below X-Plan price which potentially would block both of you from participating in the program going forward.

Wishful thinking, I know, being able to stack them. But again, neither the dealer nor Ford has the margin to stack, either $3k and X-Plan, or the different targeted offers (e.g. military, student, Farm Bureau, one sent in the mail, etc.).
I think the biggest item is 36-month 0%, which I'm silly enough to decline.
I didn't think military, student, Farm Bureau would be stackable. But gave them to Granger just in case one is not working.
X-plan actually is the smallest one, worth about $250, even if stacked.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD šŸ˜‰
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
X-plan actually is the smallest one, worth about $250, even if stacked.
In this case, yes. There's much less margin between invoice and MSRP on Maverick, even compared to other models at a similar price point (e.g. where Focus and Fusion were). Same thing with other current models. AZ-Plan (Ford employee/retiree) is much less of a discount than the $3,000 off MSRP, especially for lesser equipped Mavericks, so we're not sure how they could afford to offer this. :)

But again, with X-Plan (any of AZXD-Plans), there is no negotiation on the price. The dealer can't even throw in anything worth more than $50.

Onceforall

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
it's GREAT to see all the deliveries...you go Granger!

Saw a bare bones white XL EB at a local dealer...got to sit in it! Love the "big truck" room, the front seat can go so far back that I can't reach the pedals at 6'3". And plenty of headroom. Seat was very comfy, had me wondering if the LUX/lumbar in the XLT were needed. The plain jane interior is really appealing vs our Ford CMAX, which has row upon row of small buttons. I will get along great with the MAV.

The steelies look great! They are bigger than I thought they might be.

This bare bone XL was being advertised for $39k. Can't wait for mine to get built, but there does not seem to be much hope for the next few months.

Sponsored

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine was picked up by the transport today. Per FordPass itā€™s been sitting at an auction yard 30miles away since šŸ˜„ šŸ˜¬

NebraskaMan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine was picked up by the transport today. Per FordPass itā€™s been sitting at an auction yard 30miles away since šŸ˜„ šŸ˜¬
Damn, you've been waiting extra long for that transport,

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Damn, you've been waiting extra long for that transport,
I donā€™t think itā€™s been much longer than the others in my train. Itā€™s scheduled to arrive on Wednesday here in NY.
šŸ¤” Does insurance cover the shipper selling my truck?!

greenweever

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Peterbuilt
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Would someone please message me directly the email address for Granger finance?
Sponsored