First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius maverick 88 jeep pickup
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
now that cruise is standard on the xl is the price difference worth it for new rims,power mirrors,keypad entry, locking tailgate. at $2300 more not sure anymore.
Sponsored

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I commented it somewhere else, but if it also meant the option for a color like Eruption Green........maybe. Probably not, but maybe.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Engine
Undecided
Wow that's crazy I was just going to post something similar and did a search and your thread just popped up (how timely).

So what you posted are the main differences between the XL and the XLT? Anything else that makes the XLT that much 'nicer?' If it is indeed around $2300 difference the 23 XL and XLT that does have me thinking. I wonder if there are any cheap rims we can add? That's really the only thing that really bothers me about the XL.

Also how do the XL and XLT interiors differ? Are the seats the same (same material, etc)? Just different colors?

Reactions: GAP

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Worth it for me.

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow that's crazy I was just going to post something similar and did a search and your thread just popped up (how timely).

So what you posted are the main differences between the XL and the XLT? Anything else that makes the XLT that much 'nicer?' If it is indeed around $2300 difference the 23 XL and XLT that does have me thinking. I wonder if there are any cheap rims we can add? That's really the only thing that really bothers me about the XL.

Also how do the XL and XLT interiors differ? Are the seats the same (same material, etc)? Just different colors?
The seats and materials are the same between xl and xlt just different colors. Also you get a fold down armrest in the rear with cup holders on the XLT. To me the xlt was worth the extra cost since I would be replacing the rims if I had a xl, I liked the fun interior colors on the xlt and the other little additions you get with the xlt. I originally had an xl on order but switched.

Sponsored

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

You can get low to mid-range quality rims for $150-200 each. Of course you can spend more as well. So I guess you have to decide how much you love or hate the stock steel on the XL and how much you love or hate the stock XLT rims. Because replacing either is going to cost $600-800 minimum.

For me, I am also thinking about getting a set of winter tires to mount on a second set of rims. So if I did replace my XL steelies with nicer rims, I could use the stock steelies for the winter tires, saving ~80 per rim ($300+) that I would otherwise need to pay for the cheapest Amazon rims I can find in the correct size/bolt pattern.

Rivers90

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Tremor, Xterra, Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Have prices for the 2023 been released?

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You will also get power mirrors in the XL if you add CP360 which was $595. Due to constraints I'm betting you'll see a big price increase on CP360 and the moonroof/sunroof as stand alone options.

So for 2023 - probably $1k for CP360 but you'd get power mirrors in the XL and still save $1300. That's still my plan. Hoping for some price protection on options if the $2750 gets eaten up by the base price increase.

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I originally thought I'd order the xl, but then I actually sat in one. I just don't care for the all dark interior, much prefer the denim look of the XLT. And I like the orange accents!

Sponsored

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

You can get low to mid-range quality rims for $150-200 each. Of course you can spend more as well. So I guess you have to decide how much you love or hate the stock steel on the XL and how much you love or hate the stock XLT rims. Because replacing either is going to cost $600-800 minimum.

For me, I am also thinking about getting a set of winter tires to mount on a second set of rims. So if I did replace my XL steelies with nicer rims, I could use the stock steelies for the winter tires, saving ~80 per rim ($300+) that I would otherwise need to pay for the cheapest Amazon rims I can find in the correct size/bolt pattern.
I remember seeing that aluminum wheels were going to be an option on the XL too.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I remember seeing that aluminum wheels were going to be an option on the XL too.
For a cost of course. Then it becomes a question of "Will Ford tell me my special rims are constrained, delaying my entire truck for 6 months? Should I have just bought them on Amazon or from my local tire shop?".

Midwest Jim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline CRV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm leaning towards changing to XL from XLT for my rollover order. I'll decide after I see the pricing.

PA-Homesteader

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I was going to order a XLT just for the cruise controll
Now that it is standard on the XL I plan on going with that

Just hope they bring Eruption Green to the Maverick

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CR-V, 2019 Kia Sportage
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was going to order a XLT just for the cruise controll
Now that it is standard on the XL I plan on going with that

Just hope they bring Eruption Green to the Maverick
Man I sure do hope a lot of folks do this shift from XLT to XL, that's fewer to compete with me keeping my XLT rollover order! :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored