bearsfan647

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EBike - Future Ford Maverick!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m a little conflicted on the seats as this is the first time we’ve seen them. I’ve gone back and forth between “love em” and “will deal” for the past hour and have landed on “love em”.

i dig the spice
Sponsored

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dollar to dollar i think the maverick is the better choice 52K For mid size truck meant to go off roading . Ill buy bronco at that point. Taco underpowered on the road where people spend 90% of their time driving anyways.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I really like my 2022 xlt interior, and my friends and family do too. I hope they keep the interior as shown on the video.

I bought a used 2004 ranger edge with black interior , blackout gauges, and vinyl floors. I never thought much about it , except it doesn't look dirty. It does show dog hair terrible, and I like German shepherd's. Dog hair goes everywhere I go, with or without my dog in tow.

I wasn't enthused about the all black interior when I ordered, but the overall package is a good deal. When I started hearing lower mpg, it was two strikes, but still a good deal.

I have been hoping for the normal xlt interior with tremor accents.

I am learning about off road. There are not many places to drive off road here , that are not private property. Most of the awd tech is over my head. For me it's mostly about snow, and Iowa gravel roads. They can get pretty sloppy and rutted. A wet spring or fall when the farmers are moving big equipment really tears them up. Even with the tremor there are level B roads I won't go on. Not unless it's dry, or I have someone to pull me out.
Im of the exact same mind in regards to the interior. I hope it looks like the review video.

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why is this even a thing? Maverick is NOT in same class as Toyota! Why not do Ranger Raptor vs Toyota TRD Pro! Video posted is apples vs oranges. Just saying.
Cuz nobody would watch a ranger comparison 😂

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

SnyperX

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Someone help me out, isn't the Ranger in the same "class" of truck as the Tacoma? Maverick is a class of its own. This review is pointless.

bearsfan647

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Someone help me out, isn't the Ranger in the same "class" of truck as the Tacoma? Maverick is a class of its own. This review is pointless.
No, it’s not.

the entire point is to compare just how capable a much smaller and much cheaper truck is. How close does it get to a truck almost 2x the price. That’s the point.

OP
OP
billymac76

billymac76

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
On the first page this was discussed.

Sponsored

S. fisher

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 2500 HD, 15 Santa Fe, 94 XJ
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Probably be a more legitimate test if they compared the Ranger with the tremor package to that Toyota. The unibody design of the maverick even with the tremor package will still fall short when it comes to suspension articulation.
It would be a better comparison between the Subaru wilderness and the maverick tremor.
Although the ford would still probably be cheaper.

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hate those YouTube so called “influencers” that don’t do diligent research in the class of vehicles each belong in. Comparing the Maverick to the Tundra is like comparing apples to oranges. They’re not in the same class of vehicles. The Tundra is in the same class as the Ranger, Chevy Colorado, and Nissan Frontier. Those would be a fair comparison, but not the Maverick vs Tundra. And I’d still take the Maverick over the Tundra any day!!

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I hate those YouTube so called “influencers” that don’t do diligent research in the class of vehicles each belong in. Comparing the Maverick to the Tundra is like comparing apples to oranges. They’re not in the same class of vehicles. The Tundra is in the same class as the Ranger, Chevy Colorado, and Nissan Frontier. Those would be a fair comparison, but not the Maverick vs Tundra. And I’d still take the Maverick over the Tundra any day!!
Well, they could even it out. Make the Taco cost $15k less, give it twice the gas mileage, a better ride and more payload. Just for perspective.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The irony of this post is hilarious. Do some research the Tundra is a full size F-150 competitor. The Tacoma is the Ranger competitor. :LOL:

bearsfan647

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you seriously think they don’t know the size competitors or do you think this was a video to show just how close a lower priced mav could get to a fully equipped mid size off road truck? The tundra is also not in the same class as any of the vehicles you listed.

come on now..
Sponsored