jesemd

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Payload drops by just a hair over 100lbs.

Where are you seeing a heavier truck by 300 lbs?

This doesn't sound the least bit correct.
Alex Jones told me ……
Sponsored

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not paying attention that a awd/fx4/4k type build adds weight and drops the standard maverick 1500lb capacity.
Fair point. With that said - I don't think any Mav actually has a 1500 max payload. I think the FWD XL Hybrid was about 1480 lbs (I know I know...20 lbs)...

But to your point I was comparing to an AWD Maverick (that usually tips the scales around mid to upper 1300 lbs in payload) and the roughly 100lb loss in payload vs the AWD 4K/FX4 is worth it for the hardware gained.

Redline

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT shadow black
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I thought the seats and console were supposed to be black on the XLT? That's how it looked on the "Build it" website from Ford. I ordered a Shadow Black XLT Tremor and was hoping for a black interior. I will be sad if it's blue. :(

Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for posting. Always interesting to see how the Maverick compares to other trucks. The problem is the Maverick is unique and it's damn difficult to find a comparable vehicle. Seems to me if one is into serious off-roading, the Maverick would not be a sound choice . . . not really designed for that purpose in any trim. However, if one is looking for a fuel efficient, roomy, versatile, truck that can traverse a road with some mud and snow, AND is highly affordable, the Maverick is a good choice.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I thought the seats and console were supposed to be black on the XLT? That's how it looked on the "Build it" website from Ford. I ordered a Shadow Black XLT Tremor and was hoping for a black interior. I will be sad if it's blue. :(
Damn - so did I. This is really disappointing. If I could do the tremor in A51 maybe but the fact I'm so limited to colors the blue is going to look like shit in there.

Redline

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT shadow black
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm hoping that's just a proto type and the interior will be different. Fingers crossed.

Sponsored

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
just looked at the build and price and the XLT seats look to be two tone black and blue while the Lariat are black on black
it's easier to see if you use the 360deg function on the interior photos.

XLT
Ford Maverick 2023 Maverick Tremor vs. Tacoma TRD Pro comparison review video by TFL xttrsi

Lariat
Ford Maverick 2023 Maverick Tremor vs. Tacoma TRD Pro comparison review video by TFL rsi

Last edited:

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I love the xltremor seats. They look just like denim. I hate all black everything. Gotta have some color in life.

AUDIOZONE

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger, ranger, mustang, maverick on order
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I really like my 2022 xlt interior, and my friends and family do too. I hope they keep the interior as shown on the video.

I bought a used 2004 ranger edge with black interior , blackout gauges, and vinyl floors. I never thought much about it , except it doesn't look dirty. It does show dog hair terrible, and I like German shepherd's. Dog hair goes everywhere I go, with or without my dog in tow.

I wasn't enthused about the all black interior when I ordered, but the overall package is a good deal. When I started hearing lower mpg, it was two strikes, but still a good deal.

I have been hoping for the normal xlt interior with tremor accents.

I am learning about off road. There are not many places to drive off road here , that are not private property. Most of the awd tech is over my head. For me it's mostly about snow, and Iowa gravel roads. They can get pretty sloppy and rutted. A wet spring or fall when the farmers are moving big equipment really tears them up. Even with the tremor there are level B roads I won't go on. Not unless it's dry, or I have someone to pull me out.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Lariat does but it would appear the XLT does not. Not a deal breaker for me in the least.
Actually if you look closely at the TFL video the Tremor they have is a Lariat and it also has the blue interior (doors, console, dash, etc).

Come on Ford!
Sponsored