First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 Ford Transit , 1965 Chevelle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have just hit 2000 miles on my Maverick. We just drove it 500 miles to Niagara Falls and it was great. Seats are comfy.
Maverick is not lacking in power. Love my EB AWD.
Sponsored

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
DieselMechanic, how long have you been driving your Maverick?

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Stupak

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, this old girl has 20,000 miles on her as of this morning. She does not live an easy life, from hauling transmissions, axles, engines, and really anything else the shop needs nearly every day. Overall fuel mileage has been 25.8 miles to the gallon, and that is a mixture of 60% in town driving and 40% driving from town to my shop which is 15 mi out in the country.

I did notice excessive Hood rattling, which evidently came from a missing Hood bump stop from the factory which was ordered at 13,000 miles and installed.

The factory brakes, I have to say, are some of the best OEM brakes on a vehicle this size I have ever experienced. I religiously track my Camaro BMW and Mercedes and the braking ability on this truck is pretty damn impressive.

The factory Continentals probably are about 5,000 mi away from needing replaced we've suffered one puncture in the center of the tread, bringing down the spare my employee said, sucked ass.

My only regret is not rhino lining the bed, as we have taken it down to bear metal in spots and it is full of dents. We did add the soft open shock on the tailgate.

AC performance in 95 to 98Ā° South Florida heat is better than my Mercedes E63 wagon. This thing will straight up freeze you out of the truck.

My only complaint is at 80 mph, the underbody fabric noise dampeners rattle against the floorboard. There should be a fastener in the center to stop that which I may add down the line, however my employee drives this and does not exceed 70 mph, so at this point, I really don't care.
I see all these remarkable mileage posts (here 25.8 mpg) And I also have the AWD Eco 2.0 and I am lucky to see 20.0 overall. I do get over 30 mpg on the highway biut I do mostly short distance town driving. Love my truck but hard to understand these discrepencies.

Sponsored

Bobinmi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mr me.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
walking and talking
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I see all these remarkable mileage posts (here 25.8 mpg) And I also have the AWD Eco 2.0 and I am lucky to see 20.0 overall. I do get over 30 mpg on the highway biut I do mostly short distance town driving. Love my truck but hard to understand these discrepencies.
With mostly short distance town driving:
A) should have ordered a hybrid
B) Drive more conservatively
C) sell it and buy a hybrid

OP
OP
First Name
Mahdey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ram 3500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
DieselMechanic, how long have you been driving your Maverick?
Picked it up November 6th from Rieneke Ford in Lima Ohio. Immediately drove it to south Florida the next day after seeing my parents in Lima.

Drove 1k miles with no back pain. Seriously good little truck.

Stupak

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
With mostly short distance town driving:
A) should have ordered a hybrid
B) Drive more conservatively
C) sell it and buy a hybrid
Hahahahaha thanks for your comments. Always appreciate another point of view. As I said I love my truck and was only offering my experience -postive or negative as you like. When there is a hybrid four wheel drive I may consider that. Cheers

OP
OP
First Name
Mahdey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ram 3500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My employee is also hourly and he's an overweight, old fart (we've known each other for a decade now) from KY that does the speed limit to maximize the amount of time in the AC lol. I conned him to move down here and work for. This is his first south Florida summer.

Me, time is money, so when I'm in it I'm pedal to the floor the whole time. He gets pissed because it'll drop his avg fuel economy

Akuma72387

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not sure my maverick has about 16k on it and I have floated between 29 and 31mpg whole time I have had it (I got my truck back in october) I have the ecoboost engine with the 4k fx4 AWD and my truck came with the Faulken Wildpeak AT3W tires stock. I haven't even hit halfway on my tread and the tires have been amazing for me especially over the winter the truck was unstoppable in the snow. As far as the MPG I do notice that I get worse gas milage when I turn cruise control on so that may be a factor cause I have stopped using it (especially with gas prices)

Sponsored

Akuma72387

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hahahahaha thanks for your comments. Always appreciate another point of view. As I said I love my truck and was only offering my experience -postive or negative as you like. When there is a hybrid four wheel drive I may consider that. Cheers
Ford is currently testing both an AWD hybrid and a PHEV from the spy shots I have seen so you may be in luck in the next year or so. If trade in values stay as high as they are you might even be able to trade it in your current one. I will not be I have 0 interest in trading mine in unless they come out with a sport model or something comparable. As soon as my warranty runs out on mine I have a few parts that I'll be adding to the truck to push it up over 300hp. ( the Racechip Piggyback tuner, Air intake by them selves will get me close)

Akuma72387

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not sure my maverick has about 16k on it and I have floated between 29 and 31mpg whole time I have had it (I got my truck back in october) I have the ecoboost engine with the 4k fx4 AWD and my truck came with the Faulken Wildpeak AT3W tires stock. I haven't even hit halfway on my tread and the tires have been amazing for me especially over the winter the truck was unstoppable in the snow. As far as the MPG I do notice that I get worse gas milage when I turn cruise control on so that may be a factor cause I have stopped using it (especially with gas prices)
Snapped a picture when I parked on my way back from store at current readings

Ford Maverick 20,000 Mile Update For a 2.0 Ecoboost AWD Maverick 20220629_172046

Gmood1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
G-man
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I totally agree on the brakes. I was just thinking the same recently. Chuckled when I read your comments. Excellent brakes on this little truck for sure!!

Pastor_Zatx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Donā€™t trust the onboard computer. Track your mileage manually and you might find that itā€™s doing better than you thought.

WeissNY

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Chevy Equinox
Well, this old girl has 20,000 miles on her as of this morning. She does not live an easy life, from hauling transmissions, axles, engines, and really anything else the shop needs nearly every day. Overall fuel mileage has been 25.8 miles to the gallon, and that is a mixture of 60% in town driving and 40% driving from town to my shop which is 15 mi out in the country.

I did notice excessive Hood rattling, which evidently came from a missing Hood bump stop from the factory which was ordered at 13,000 miles and installed.

The factory brakes, I have to say, are some of the best OEM brakes on a vehicle this size I have ever experienced. I religiously track my Camaro BMW and Mercedes and the braking ability on this truck is pretty damn impressive.

The factory Continentals probably are about 5,000 mi away from needing replaced we've suffered one puncture in the center of the tread, bringing down the spare my employee said, sucked ass.

My only regret is not rhino lining the bed, as we have taken it down to bear metal in spots and it is full of dents. We did add the soft open shock on the tailgate.

AC performance in 95 to 98Ā° South Florida heat is better than my Mercedes E63 wagon. This thing will straight up freeze you out of the truck.

My only complaint is at 80 mph, the underbody fabric noise dampeners rattle against the floorboard. There should be a fastener in the center to stop that which I may add down the line, however my employee drives this and does not exceed 70 mph, so at this point, I really don't care.
have had my Maverick Lariat since end of may and it has proven to worth while investment.

We recently drove it from NY to Tennessee (Northern above Nashville) and the truck handled great. We had the bed full of item for sister-in-laws retail store and got about 30-31mpg and coming back we averaged 31-33mpg.

Iā€™m glad I bought the Maverick.
Sponsored