Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is for my 2022 2.0EB XLT/4k/FX4 Maverick

So I made it to 20k in a little under a year (11 months). I would have been here sooner, but lots of work lately so not as much driving.

Not much has changed since my last update.

I did adjust the dash mpg reading and now it is much closer to what I actually get. I haven't checked it much yet, but I'm hoping over the long run it will be more accurate. As a note, previously it always over reported 1.5+ MPG over what I actually obtained. I can get about 29 mpg on the highway and around town is in the low 20's, so pretty much as it was reported.

My radio is still super buggy. In fact, one time it became so non responsive that it did not even shut off when I shut off the vehicle and locked the car. I was worried about a dead battery while during an appointment so I remote started it a few times, and then it resolved. The dealer said there is nothing they can do unless they can replicate an they couldn't pull any faults and such when it was there for an oil change, but of course it's a random occurrence.

I think I have 2 open recalls, but both notices said parts weren't available yet and they would contact me when they are. I already had two others completed, the fuel tank and the brake controller, so we'll see when these ones get done.

I do like the diamondback cover. It is very secure and dry. I don't worry about leaving anything in there during trips to the store, office, air port, etc... It's easy to use and I did make some good use of it while moving as it made things easier to stack. Only issue is if you want o move larger items, such as a couch, it is not as convenient as a rollup or folding one as you would have to unbolt this one from the bed to remove it to load the large items, then reattach and realign it when done.

The hard blue plastic is not holding up at all, you can see lots of scratches, scuffs, marring, etc.... but I guess I am hard on it. I wonder what it will be like in a couple of years, then again this was not an expensive vehicle so I understand. The bedliner has held up well so no issues there.

Overall, it's held up pretty well and I figure it will continue that way for some time!
Sponsored

Rivers90

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Tremor, Xterra, Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Post some photos

CJW

First Name
CJW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sonota, Ranger, Soul
Not to steal your thread but here is my 9000 mile update on the hybrid lariat; Got the maverick in late April and now at nearly 9000, miles I was looking at the hybrid battery usage vs engine. It surprises me that my hybrid is almost exactly a 20/80 split. 20% electric and 80% engine and I have averaged 38.3 mpg. I would say mixed driving with a larger emphasis on interstate driving at 77-80 mph to my job. I don’t use any of the driving modes except normal because I forget to switch between them. I am really happy with the results and driving experience of my maverick. I have owned one F250, four f150’s the 2020 Ranger and now my favorite Ford truck is the Maverick. Its a pleasure to drive. But now that the temperatures have dropped I believe it will kill the Mpg. It takes more engine time to create the heat required to run the cabin heater. I have noticed I need two bars on the engine temperature before I start getting heat into the cabin. During the warm up time the hybrid doesn’t switch to battery. For short in town trips and short drives where it would normally run on batteries only now it will be consuming gas and have a considerable impact on the mpg during the cold months. Time will tell of course.
Sponsored