MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I didn't realize you could buy certificates from Discount Tire for tires on a new car.
Sponsored

Knocka_stk

First Name
Vibez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima
Not sure my maverick has about 16k on it and I have floated between 29 and 31mpg whole time I have had it (I got my truck back in october) I have the ecoboost engine with the 4k fx4 AWD and my truck came with the Faulken Wildpeak AT3W tires stock. I haven't even hit halfway on my tread and the tires have been amazing for me especially over the winter the truck was unstoppable in the snow. As far as the MPG I do notice that I get worse gas milage when I turn cruise control on so that may be a factor cause I have stopped using it (especially with gas prices)
That's strange, I didn't start hitting 30+ mpg until I used the cruise control on the hwy. I average 24 city. I also have xlt ecoboost 4k fx4 but with Pirelli 225/65/17.

Last edited:

Akuma72387

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's strange, I didn't start hitting 30+ mpg until I used the cruise control on the hwy. I average 24 city. I also have xlt ecoboost 4k fx4 but with Pirelli 225/65/17.
Not sure it could have something to do with the lay of the land I live in Maine so we have alot of hills so when I'm controlling it I can keep the engine from dropping as Manu gears cause I don't care if I lose a few mph since I'll just get them back after. I'm also gonna check cause for some reason I think I have 235 tires on mine but I could be wrong.

Knocka_stk

First Name
Vibez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima
Not sure it could have something to do with the lay of the land I live in Maine so we have alot of hills so when I'm controlling it I can keep the engine from dropping as Manu gears cause I don't care if I lose a few mph since I'll just get them back after. I'm also gonna check cause for some reason I think I have 235 tires on mine but I could be wrong.
That's right, hills do affect mpg. The fx4 package gives you the option of upgrading to a wider tire of 235 vs 225 so that also could be a factor for lower mpg. I'm surprised at how well the Mav applies braking/acceleration. It is by far smoother than the 2021 model Y on cruise control. I've driven both on a 300+ mile road trip and I pick the Mav everytime.

Last edited:

timcal

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xl maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just hit the 6 month mark today, so I thought I would review total gas milage for XL AWD EB 2.0
I drive about 70% highway 30% around town. basically country roads around town not much stop and go usually
Ford Maverick 20,000 Mile Update For a 2.0 Ecoboost AWD Maverick 10000.PNG
Sponsored