First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We ecos aren't suppose to talk about gas mileage, it makes the hybrid guys mad. They are getting 80 to 90 mpg on the highway and 1,200 miles per tank. Oh yeah, that's when they're being towed by an eco.
Sponsored

Hunters Edge

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 crew
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like reading all the comments thinking people buy AWD vehicles just for the fact there is snow. I like my AWD vehicles just as I do my Jeeps. There is a proper tool for every situation and AWD will out accelerate, and typically out handle a FWD vehicle in most situations. Most people do not realize due to the ever loving EPA that most FWD vehicles are open differentials and spin just one wheel under power. The problem with most modern vehicles is people DO NOT KNOW how to operate traction control and know when to turn it off in the snow. They should rename Traction Control something like Brake Assisted Driving BAD for short.
I do get your point however there are a lot of folks who buy them for adverse weather and while I do drive mine in all weather, I like the AWD aspects in all situations not just for adverse weather.
If you don't mind, I would like to add that the AWD increases ground clearance, not by much but still higher then the hybrid model. Also the AWD gets an upgrade on rear suspension that you can appreciate year round on and off the road.

ndmiller

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT Azure Blue Metallic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
25 combined with my EB 2.0 after 700 miles. Really only city as haven't hit the highway yet. Pretty happy with that, highway should see what others indicated 30+
Sponsored