Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How useful do you anticipate the hood protector to be? I'd like to install one myself but don't know if it'll be little more than a cosmetic enhancement. If it actually helps avoid hood dings and more importantly, windshield chips/cracks I'll jump on this fast.
I do like the low profile of the one pictured in your post. I installed a Ford provided hood/bug deflector which is the Aeroskin II Hood Protector, part number VNZ6Z16C900C. Here are my thoughts when I chose which one to install on my truck.

Even though the Aeroskin II does not have a low profile in the center section, it does what it's intended and that is keeping the front of the hood chip free, and helps to send bugs and gravel up over the top. Of course, the upward force will not deviate a larger rock enough to miss the windshield, however I'm not sure there is a deflector that will. I drove trucks for years without a hood defector and suffered several chipped windshields and lots of chipped paint.

A thought about low profile hood protectors. It will not have the same wind upward force of the Aeroskin II with the higher rise wind deflector. The higher the deflector the higher path of the wind and debris that comes with it. Plus, I like how the Aeroskin II matches the black plastic finish of the grill perfectly and is formed exactly like the hood. Even the rise in the center section matches the crease line in the hood. It looks like it belongs with the grill and hood and a part of it instead of just an add on accessory.
Ford Maverick 🙋‍♂️ What did you do TO / WITH your Maverick today? 1650033753521

I paid $89 for mine ordered by the dealer where I purchased my Maverick. I noticed that Levittown Ford has a better price at $73.51. Here is the link: https://www.levittownfordparts.com/sku/vnz6z-16c900-c.html

Having mine now for 5 months, I don't think I would be without one. :cool:
Sponsored

Last edited:

robb01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I do like the low profile of the one pictured in your post. I installed a Ford provided hood/bug deflector which is the Aeroskin II Hood Protector, part number VNZ6Z16C900C. Here are my thoughts when I chose which one to install on my truck.

Even though the Aeroskin II does not have a low profile in the center section, it does what it's intended and that is keeping the front of the hood chip free, and helps to send bugs and gravel up over the top. Of course, it the upward force will not deviate a larger rock enough to miss the windshield, however I'm not sure there is a deflector that will. I drove trucks for years without a hood defector and suffered several chipped windshields and lots of chipped paint.

A thought about low profile hood protectors. It will not have the same wind upward force of the Aeroskin II with the higher rise wind deflector. The higher the deflector the higher path of the wind and debris that comes with it. Plus, I like how the Aeroskin II matches the black plastic finish of the grill perfectly and is formed exactly like the hood. Even the rise in the center section matches the crease line in the hood. It looks like it belongs with the grill and hood and a part of it instead of just an add on accessory.

I paid $89 for mine ordered by the dealer where I purchased my Maverick. I noticed that Levittown Ford has a better price at $73.51. Here is the link: https://www.levittownfordparts.com/sku/vnz6z-16c900-c.html

Having mine now for 5 months, I don't think I would be without one. :cool:
Would like to order that one, but not w/ $71 shipping they added on

Cruzer01

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Where did you get the hardware & bolt size? Thanks

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux, 4K, FX4, 360, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Stopped by Gullo Ford for an appointment for oil change, tire rotation and 4K software update on my way to Growers Outlet in Willis to get Blue Daise and Blue Point Juniper for the pool area garden.

BoboysTruck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Focus, Juke
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did my second oil change today. The last 6516 miles averaged 44.9 MPG. I use TRIP 1 as my oil change reminder and reset it every oil change.

Sponsored

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Took the truck to the service department today for it's first oil change and recall. Had a little over 1,000 miles on it so it was time. While it was in for service we had the dealer install the OEM rear mud flaps for us and the OEM driver side and passenger side fender well baffles.

Total for everything minus the parts came to $103 and we got to use our Ford Pass points so it didn't cost us anything!

Ford Maverick 🙋‍♂️ What did you do TO / WITH your Maverick today? IMG_20220415_174448432_HDR

Ford Maverick 🙋‍♂️ What did you do TO / WITH your Maverick today? IMG_20220415_174554200_HDR

Hard to see the fender well baffles in the pic but they are there on both sides.
Ford Maverick 🙋‍♂️ What did you do TO / WITH your Maverick today? IMG_20220415_174645464

Last edited:

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Took the truck to the service department today for it's first oil change and recall. Had a little over 1,000 miles on it so it was time. While it was in for service we had the dealer install the OEM rear mud flaps for us and the OEM driver side and passenger side fender well baffles.

Total for everything minus the parts came to $103 and we got to use our Ford Pass points so it didn't cost us anything!

IMG_20220415_174448432_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220415_174554200_HDR.jpg

Hard to see the fender well baffles in the pic but they are there on both sides.
IMG_20220415_174645464.jpg
Same mud flaps I have and they do a much better job than those cheaper plastic ones. I think they look better too. It's a shame that you have to install those baffles it should have come with those on ALL trims.

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

IMG_20220415_174645464.jpg
I've seen photos of home made fender well baffles, but not Ford supplied. Where did you get them? TIA.

Sponsored

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
@uh50
I've seen photos of home made fender well baffles, but not Ford supplied. Where did you get them? TIA.
We purchased them through Tasca Parts online store. The OEM part numbers for both sides are NZ6Z-16072-A and NZ6Z-16071-A.

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@uh50

We purchased them through Tasca Parts online store. The OEM part numbers for both sides are NZ6Z-16072-A and NZ6Z-16071-A.
Thank you very much.

Joe Rambo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai SF
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Installed the tailgate assist…
In order to properly tighten the nut, you need to pull the plate that attaches to the tailgate out while turning the hex head screw with an Allen wrench. I used a plastic spackle knife wedged between the plate and side of the tailgate until the nut was “captured” at a 90 degree angle. Hope this helps somebody…
Ford Maverick 🙋‍♂️ What did you do TO / WITH your Maverick today? 3FE65634-874D-4A51-971D-81184E3BDEA9
Sponsored

Last edited: