Sponsored

WhoAmI2021

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6S Wagon, E250, Kia Soul
A good guess is that the dealer makes little or nothing on the reserved Mavericks, especially since many a discounting something off the MSRP. They will likely be more enthusiastic when the dealers are able to order for themselves. Pricing will likely be much different.
None of the dealers near me are discounting off of MSRP for orders and they are charging $500 doc fees, at least they are not marking them up. I could go to PA and buy one for x% off invoice, but we have decided to keep the money local and not deal with the hassle of buying out of state (I would likely not save any money anyway and get more options ;-). It is truly sad that we, on this forum, know more than the dealers about these new vehicles. It reminds me when I was shopping for a new '92 Mustang LX 5.0 and the sales person kept telling me that I could get ABS on it. Hmm.... Of well,
Sponsored

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
None of the dealers near me are discounting off of MSRP for orders and they are charging $500 doc fees, at least they are not marking them up. I could go to PA and buy one for x% off invoice, but we have decided to keep the money local and not deal with the hassle of buying out of state (I would likely not save any money anyway and get more options ;-). It is truly sad that we, on this forum, know more than the dealers about these new vehicles. It reminds me when I was shopping for a new '92 Mustang LX 5.0 and the sales person kept telling me that I could get ABS on it. Hmm.... Of well,
As a veteran of the Bronco rollout I canost assuredly let you know that forum members know more than MANY dealers (though obviously by no means all!). Never would have guessed that, but prior to 2020 I'd never ordered a car.

TheBear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dealer doing the AMA on Reddit just now said that some of their orders from the 1st week are getting scheduled and he anticipates late Sept/early Oct delivery. Some dealers seem to being more proactive about gathering details /intel.

Tons of useful info in the thread so far :

Tomklra14

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 Ford F150
This is one of the responses I got today when I contacted my local dealer and stated I wanted my deposit back because they did not place my order:

Thomas,
You haven't heard anything because you reserved a vehicle before it was ever made.
It isn't even being produced until middle of 2022 at earliest.
There isn't any updates until production begins.
Feel free to come in and get your refund.
Michael Washam
Sales Manager

I responded and gave him the link to this website. His response to that email is in another thread I posted to earlier.

I am curious about the claim that there will be no production until middle of 2022 at the earliest. Has anyone heard that the August 16, 2021 date has been changed? I am very annoyed with the dealer right now because he is either stupid or lying. I think I will be ordering from an out-of-state dealer.

Sponsored

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am curious about the claim that there will be no production until middle of 2022 at the earliest. Has anyone heard that the August 16, 2021 date has been changed? I am very annoyed with the dealer right now because he is either stupid or lying. I think I will be ordering from an out-of-state dealer.
All things point to 8/16 for production to start, just 6 weeks from now. There are even 'insider' posts that document that and dates for other models and their dates as well.

I would consider ordering out of state. Check Salina, KS (they will ship to your door free if you go through them for financing), or see if one of the other dealerships like Granger or SAG can take care of you. I hear they and many others are great to deal with.

flashfearless

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav Lariat Hybrid,2014 Ford Edge Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's amazing how either a) how stupid dealers are, or b) how stupid they think that we are. I expect to hear in a month when we are scheduled. All I'm asking for is delivery before March. If they can accomplish that, I am a happy man.

Art_Vandelay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat, Subaru WRX
This is one of the responses I got today when I contacted my local dealer and stated I wanted my deposit back because they did not place my order:

Thomas,
You haven't heard anything because you reserved a vehicle before it was ever made.
Michael Washam
Sales Manager

I responded and gave him the link to this website. His response to that email is in another thread I posted to earlier.

Holy shit, I would avoid that dealership like the plague. I can’t imagine the sales manager of a dealership being either that incompetent and uninformed or that dishonest. Even if they are barely making money on the vehicle it still counts as a unit sold and Ford pays dealership bonuses for hitting certain sales volumes.

TerryE

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Thomas,
Michael Washam
Sales Manager

I would forward that email to Ford.com customer service. They need to be noticed. Idiot dealers.

willyboy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
several
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Interesting. The dealer I went to took a little over $500 of the price summary shown from my website print out. He had the same figures I did. It basically covered the license, registration and service fee. Not sales tax, of course.

Sponsored

kingranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ford.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Thomas,
Michael Washam
Sales Manager

Not a shred of truth to this. We will go on sale Fall of 2021.

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tesla Model Y
Good to hear. I am going to order from a different dealer.
Nice, and congrats! A dealer who has more of a clue of what's going on said the early orders might see their trucks being delivered as soon as September here:

DavidS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Kia Forte
Nice, and congrats! A dealer who has more of a clue of what's going on said the early orders might see their trucks being delivered as soon as September here:

That's not entirely true, either. Ford is scheduling assemblies based more on component availability than on when the orders were placed. The specific build that you want has much more of an impact on your truck's assembly than when you ordered it. They are also going to lump certain builds into buckets based on major features. A lot of people ordered an XLT with the hybrid engine (according to the thread linked below). Ford will likely prioritize that build to kick out as many similar trucks as possible all in one run.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...ck-order-tracking-list-stats-enter-yours.165/

Nightman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
That's not entirely true, either. Ford is scheduling assemblies based more on component availability than on when the orders were placed. The specific build that you want has much more of an impact on your truck's assembly than when you ordered it. They are also going to lump certain builds into buckets based on major features. A lot of people ordered an XLT with the hybrid engine (according to the thread linked below). Ford will likely prioritize that build to kick out as many similar trucks as possible all in one run.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...ck-order-tracking-list-stats-enter-yours.165/
Source?
Sponsored