jesemd

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
my biggest worry is just these dealership allocations. (hypothetically) If my dealer is getting 1 a month and I am number 10, and all of the other 9 built before mine are all the exact same...23s, new orders, EBs, etc...it would take 10 months to get mine picked...correct? But by the numbers "hypotheticals" on here that by summer all the EBs should be made. (yes its hypotheticals). But if that is the case, and in 7 months all the EBs are made, but I have to technically wait 10months due to the 1/month... would Ford build mine without the need for the allocation, or I would still have to wait?

Thats the info that is really fuzzy/gray area that nobody seems to know for sure. If they can build all the EBs by x time, yet some dealers have long list of EB orders, do the EBs get picked even without the allocations?
Exactly. Just trying to figure out if I need to order another Forester soon.
Sponsored

TCPTX65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Hybrid, 2023 Buick Enclave
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Is there any explanation to the seemingly random assignments of allocations?

If a huge dealer like LM has had say 60-80 Mavs scheduled per month, then even my local family dealership should have had one, right?

Why would a dealer have nothing scheduled for three months and then get multiple in one week?

Its hard to swallow an answer of "a random confluence of specific orders and specific parts available".
Ford Maverick 🗓️ Maverick scheduling on 2/2/23 for production weeks through 3/27 (+ Current Constraints List) 1675200687694

Lonnie gee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda and rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yep. And I do mention in my other post I can't account for allocations. I'm simply looking at the raw numbers. Once we get down to the last of the EB orders, it will get very irritating because there will be no reason why they aren't scheduled except for allocation goofiness.
“Allocation goofiness” an order is an order make customer ordered truck ,,, is not not dealer lot stock ,
You ,and they have to know that LM like, get more use at smaller dealership get past over, moved back ,if I understand correctly

Lonnie gee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda and rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m told I won’t see a truck this year, no allocations ,
Unless some is adjusted ?.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I will never understand this allocation thing, Lets say a dealer has 100 allocations for the year. WHY let that dealer take orders for more than 100 mavericks? He wont get more than 100 so why allow it.
Allocations are assigned monthly so a dealer won't know what they annual allocation is when they take orders. Granted, they have a full year history so if they only got 10 allocations last year, they shouldn't expect for it to go to 100 this year.

Still think allocations are a joke for retail orders. These are already guaranteed sales so it won't be extra merchandise sitting on lots waiting for buyers. The only reason they wouldn't have a buyer already is because the person got tired of waiting 10 months for the allocation and moved on.

Sponsored

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have no idea. The allocation business seems random, but as you mention, there appears to be a purposefulness to it as well. If there is an answer, it is buried in the corporate offices of Ford.

I will say on that note my salesman has said they had none scheduled but I see six in their inventory. So, you might want to check the Ford website and see. It could be that salesman hasn't had any and as his world revolves around him, the dealer must have had none.
I imagine it’s a bad sign that i have never seen a maverick in my dealers inventory.

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Call it what you will. One example is Koons Ford Baltimore is adding $7k to MSRP on all Mavs.
I have a problem when the dealer advertises MSRP in those situations. If the licensed sales arm of the manufacturer is going to up charge then the manufacturer needs to own it.

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Allocations are assigned monthly so a dealer won't know what they annual allocation is when they take orders. Granted, they have a full year history so if they only got 10 allocations last year, they shouldn't expect for it to go to 100 this year.

Still think allocations are a joke for retail orders. These are already guaranteed sales so it won't be extra merchandise sitting on lots waiting for buyers. The only reason they wouldn't have a buyer already is because the person got tired of waiting 10 months for the allocation and moved on.
Your telling me Ford cant figure out ahead of time for the whole year how many a dealer should get . Then how the heck are they figuring it I wonder. I thought it was based on the last years sales numbers. Not last months. If its not based on last years then what? The previous month. That would not make much sense. Oh right Its Ford. Sorry silly me.

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Your telling me Ford cant figure out ahead of time for the whole year how many a dealer should get . Then how the heck are they figuring it I wonder. I thought it was based on the last years sales numbers. Not last months. If its not based on last years then what? The previous month. That would not make much sense. Oh right Its Ford. Sorry silly me.
It's the last 12 months of sales. So a dealer can't be sure of next months allocation until they know what this months sales are going to be.

atlasbluedude

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Buick LeSabre
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I thought this might be a good thread to say that I just got an email on another build week pushback to March 20. Ford looks to be jamming as many Mavs into March as possible.

Sponsored

Benji

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benji
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Hybrid LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got rescheduled today. I was picked up last Thursday for the March 27th and now it says the 20th.

Ford Maverick 🗓️ Maverick scheduling on 2/2/23 for production weeks through 3/27 (+ Current Constraints List) 569CEB8D-C2ED-4A72-9B5B-CB324C793C05

Puckitup27

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Lux, FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I also just received an email pushed back for the second time from March 13th to March 20th now. I guess I need to get used to this.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Tim indicated this week was still January allocations. So, likely clean up volume. Expect a lot more next week when they open April scheduling with February allocations including those promised lost MY22 allocations.

OP
OP
Christenhildebrandt

Christenhildebrandt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Christen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I also just received an email pushed back for the second time from March 13th to March 20th now. I guess I need to get used to this.
I won’t know until I go through it but it sounds more fun where you are at in line that waiting in the pool to be picked. Hopefully it will be built soon!
Sponsored