WetsideMav

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This thread just saved me $1,010, thanks!

I stopped by my local dealer yesterday and put an order in for a Lariat with Lux, 4x4, towing , sunroof, etc etc.

The issue was that the young sales guy was the only one in the office since all the senior staff is out sick. He was going to have them put the order into the system after the holiday on Monday the 27th when people are hopefully back. I didn't really care until I saw this thread last night.

Called him this morning and he was able to get an Internet Sales Manager to place the order today, and was told they would also give me a Priority 10 designation. Not sure if that's just a smaller stick in the eye regarding delivery expectations (3 months instead of 4 months?) but it's better than Priority 19, which is where I would be sitting.

So, thanks again for the Christmas gift of insider dealer retail sales knowledge.
Sponsored

#1mexicanmaverck

First Name
Amador
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
To defend those asking, it says invoiced and not ordered in the Price Protection. You do not see the window sticker until the truck is built. Keep reading DORA, but have never seen this. Did request for a ROVP, which does show my ROVP and order number.

ps. Have seen a hybrid Maverick on the dealers site under all inventory that was MRSP. The sales manger did tell me that they would honor the x-plan. Also when call asking to test drive it, was told this was a customers order and they would not allow test drives of a customers ordered truck. Time will tell and sure Fordvideoguy, Tim will clarify things on Tuesday night.

Waiting till Tuesday night is nothing like waiting an estimated 6 months for the truck.

2cafn8d

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

According to Tim on here, it is unlikely that 2022 model orders will turn into 2023 trucks. Ford is giving themselves time to build out the 2022 orders until 2023 reservations.
Here's hoping. I'm in panic mode. Tomorrow is 6 months since order with no build date in sight.

Sponsored

Deleted member 6544

Early birds
I ordered mine, never seeing or driving a Maverick. I made a great choice and I smile every day. I have had my Maverick for a month and I still look at it in awe. I did good and I feel like I got a great deal on a super vehicle.

017836DB-36A2-46BA-96D9-08F43B897C61.jpeg
And quite beautiful I might add!
I just saw one in the wild. My dealer called me and said they had one come in. A hybrid no less. Already sold obviously. Ran down to take a look. I just did a walk around and sit in. Three impressions....
1). It does not look like a small vehicle.
2). The bed is short, (dah). Not saying that's a bad thing, actually looks really cool and will meet my needs. And I could, at least, reach all the way in.
3). The inside is spacious.
Merry Christmas everyone!

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is a great deal. I will likely call them on monday. Des Moines is about 12 hours away from me. Make a nice road trip.

aitch-2-oh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus X
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Merry Christmas! Nice to know the kazoo I ordered 9/21 has been price protected. It said so in the Bulletin I read…and comprehended.

Nandark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Thunderbird, 2018 Honda Ridgeline
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This thread just saved me $1,010, thanks!

I stopped by my local dealer yesterday and put an order in for a Lariat with Lux, 4x4, towing , sunroof, etc etc.

The issue was that the young sales guy was the only one in the office since all the senior staff is out sick. He was going to have them put the order into the system after the holiday on Monday the 27th when people are hopefully back. I didn't really care until I saw this thread last night.

Called him this morning and he was able to get an Internet Sales Manager to place the order today, and was told they would also give me a Priority 10 designation. Not sure if that's just a smaller stick in the eye regarding delivery expectations (3 months instead of 4 months?) but it's better than Priority 19, which is where I would be sitting.

So, thanks again for the Christmas gift of insider dealer retail sales knowledge.
Congratulations on making the cut!
I also received the priority 10 and the next day I got my VIN and February build date!

Sponsored

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looking at it again, an $80 increase on the XLT, and $200 increase on the moon roof option I guess isnt really that bad.

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wow. Just seen this Christmas day. I live in NJ but the NY dealers are open on Sunday. Hope to get my order in tomorrow 12/26 to beat this increase. And NY has max dealer doc fee capped at $175. Looking for a Lariat luxury 4k tow package.

OP
OP
Fleshman03

Fleshman03

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wow. Just seen this Christmas day. I live in NJ but the NY dealers are open on Sunday. Hope to get my order in tomorrow 12/26 to beat this increase. And NY has max dealer doc fee capped at $175. Looking for a Lariat luxury 4k tow package.
You might also want to check out the deal Granger Ford is doing. Even with the increase, you may come out ahead.
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...ff-the-price-increase-with-granger-ford.7000/

PS: Merry Christmas!
Sponsored