First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think I may have posted this in another thread but I have been waiting on my order of June 19 with confirmation email from Ford on June 23. It is for a fairly well loaded lariat hybrid. No scheduling as yet and I don't expect it anytime soon. What this delay has given me is time to research many of the new, very capable suvs that are just now starting to hit dealerships.

I have concluded that I really don't need a truck, I haul nothing other bags of mulch or potting soil and I have no boat, trailer or reason for a hitch. I just ordered the Maverick because I thought it was neat, had good gas mileage and could be a second, utility type vehicle for me. But that can all be accomplished by some of these suvs.

So, I have decided to buy an suv in the next couple months (maybe the Maverick will be scheduled by then) and when the Maverick does come in try to sell it for a few grand more than I paid. Things may not work out that way but I won't loose money on it and I'll have a vehicle that probably will serve my needs as well or better than a truck.

Twixel Jackson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got a call from dealer this morning. Wasn’t my truck is scheduled but somebody canceled their order. They have a blue xlt lux 2.0 available to buy (I’m waiting for my hybrid). If interested contact them quick. Blackwell Ford in Plymouth MI. Contact Christine
This truck is sold, just spoke to Christine. FYI

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Question for anyone intimately familiar with scheduling: do Canadian orders get scheduled on a different day? i.e., separate from US orders? Because mine's showing scheduled to the week of 14 March, which I'm not sure how they're confirming if it's normally supposed to happen on Thursday.

2022-01-18.png

This is from a dealer site that pulls from the dealer's database. I'm not sure which software that would be, exactly.
Mine finally worked today, looks like we are both from the same dealer. Typically it shows "timeout, can't poll results" or something like that effect.

Ford Maverick ⏱ Maverick Scheduling Next Week (1/17) For Production Build Weeks 3/7 and 3/14 1642610686504

Dr.Steve

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
dr. Steve Bruhle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry, I'm not following your statement. What do you mean we're waiting on Feb allocations?
From what I got from Ed, they already used all their January allocations.

Sponsored

SpacemanSpiff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tyreese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-15 Eagle
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
October XL EB AWD 4k here. No additional options at all except 110V cab outlet. I have no idea why I'm so freakkin' excited to get a 2022 vehicle with manual ignition, no cruise control or power mirrors, but the empty inbox is hell on earth.
"Technically" the ignition isn't manual. After inserting the key, you just give it a quick turn and release - the vehicle will continue to turn over until it starts without you continuing to hold the key in a forward start position. Basically it is a keyed start button.

cjwagner

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4runner
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not as much. Over the last few weeks Ecoboosts with October order dates have been the most frequently scheduled, along with a few November and December. With hybrids they have still mostly been scheduling from June, July, and first half of August.
Doing a straight average from the data supplied, and correcting some of the dates provided (1/20/3022 is not a realistic date, probably 2022) it appears about 98 days from the order date to the estimated build date.

cjwagner

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4runner
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can’t stand this constant next week scheduling and get nothing then again and again week after week. Although when it stopped for the holidays for a few weeks I was having withdrawals. I need just one more week of letdown then hopefully I’ll get scheduled and kick this habit.
playing with the numbers, it appears the average wait from order to estimated build is 98 days. You, yeah, wow... 215 days Yikes, Sorry. there is a slew of you guys at 215, but then again people may have not come back to fill out the information. 32 at 215 longest I see is 242.

martyi48

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've been waiting since June, finally got something from the general manager of the dealership. Here is the email I received. Does it make sense?

"I am relatively new here at Country Ford, so you and I have not met. I do understand your frustration at the delay on receiving your Hybrid Maverik. Unfortunately, I am not able to offer you a solution at this time. Below is a short rundown of events as they have unfolded to date.

In early October, we noticed that none of our Hybrids were getting pulled for production. Then, on the 11th of November, Ford sent a press release that they had over-obligated Hybrids, and we were told not to order any more. We could still order Mavericks with the 2.0 L engine. We had 10 Hybrid orders affected by the freeze. About 10 days ago, they sent us an email telling us that all but 4 of our Maverick Hybrid orders should be converted to 2.0L orders or we should notify our customers that they should be prepared for the unit to roll back to a 2023 sometime in the middle of summer. We did not call you because your order number was one of the ones we think/thought would be built.

After your email this morning, I spoke to our zone manager to get clarification. She is not sure of what the answer is. It appears that our allocation from Ford might not generate another Hybrid unit, but it might (confusing, right?) I am sorry to write you such a confusing email, but this is exactly what we, and Ford staff are dealing with. Commodity shortages, lack of regular workers and lack of available transportation is making it impossible to give our customers solid answers.

I assure you of this. We at TCF, check our wholesale list weekly, and the moment we see an opportunity, however small, to bump your order into the mix, we will do so."

I'm really not sure what guidance this email contains but basically I think it is saying we don't have the allocations for all our customers. What do you all think? PS-I did tell him if we must, in order to get it built, just switch it to 2.0l motor.

fury88

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT V8, 2022 Maverick Lariat owner
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered mine 9/14, hybrid lariat lux, and my dealer looked me in the eye and said I'd have it by Christmas. Had some spring home improvement projects I'm probably going to have to rent something for. I'm going to maybe wait this out and never do this again. COVID is not an excuse for over-promising. Even corporate stuff from Ford said November deliveries for hybrids back then. We now know that was a hope at best.
Same with me (roughly same date) except I ordered the EcoBoost version. not sure if I’ll have it by my camping trip in April now 😂

Sponsored

fury88

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT V8, 2022 Maverick Lariat owner
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
playing with the numbers, it appears the average wait from order to estimated build is 98 days. You, yeah, wow... 215 days Yikes, Sorry. there is a slew of you guys at 215, but then again people may have not come back to fill out the information. 32 at 215 longest I see is 242.
If that’s the case maybe I’m in luck this week. 😂

jhud042002

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hyb XLT, lux (drop in) oxford white
I've been waiting since June, finally got something from the general manager of the dealership. Here is the email I received. Does it make sense?

"I am relatively new here at Country Ford, so you and I have not met. I do understand your frustration at the delay on receiving your Hybrid Maverik. Unfortunately, I am not able to offer you a solution at this time. Below is a short rundown of events as they have unfolded to date.

In early October, we noticed that none of our Hybrids were getting pulled for production. Then, on the 11th of November, Ford sent a press release that they had over-obligated Hybrids, and we were told not to order any more. We could still order Mavericks with the 2.0 L engine. We had 10 Hybrid orders affected by the freeze. About 10 days ago, they sent us an email telling us that all but 4 of our Maverick Hybrid orders should be converted to 2.0L orders or we should notify our customers that they should be prepared for the unit to roll back to a 2023 sometime in the middle of summer. We did not call you because your order number was one of the ones we think/thought would be built.

After your email this morning, I spoke to our zone manager to get clarification. She is not sure of what the answer is. It appears that our allocation from Ford might not generate another Hybrid unit, but it might (confusing, right?) I am sorry to write you such a confusing email, but this is exactly what we, and Ford staff are dealing with. Commodity shortages, lack of regular workers and lack of available transportation is making it impossible to give our customers solid answers.

I assure you of this. We at TCF, check our wholesale list weekly, and the moment we see an opportunity, however small, to bump your order into the mix, we will do so."

I'm really not sure what guidance this email contains but basically I think it is saying we don't have the allocations for all our customers. What do you all think? PS-I did tell him if we must, in order to get it built, just switch it to 2.0l motor.
Dealers can sometimes, most times, be full of it and not know anything. But, it seems like your dealer might actually care! If this is the case, we should expect many of our MY22 orders to get the boot to MY23 and when that happens, I guarantee Ford won't put any priority to building those pushed back orders first...The lack of communication clarifying anything related to the Maverick is pathetic. Assume they are holding their cards until earnings report in early February...

99nbbullitt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
10/26 for me, XLT Eco Lux with 4k and 360. When I ordered, I was told approximately 12 weeks for delivery. Today is exactly 12 weeks, no build date. I don't mind waiting if I'm given an honest time frame, but it blows my mind the dealers are that out of touch with how long the process actually is. My lease ends May 1 and at this point I don't expect to have my Maverick before then.

I wish I had known about allocations and constraints and all that before ordering. I could have researched better and maybe gotten it sooner.
That's my point of view also... I was told the same delivery date. I ordered 10/25. I am happy for everyone taking possession of their Mavericks this week.

Jason1114

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordered 1st week of Nov. hoping this is my week…..although I doubt it?

Wrench77

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac ATS, Ford Maverick pre ordered
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well at least someone has got it worse then me. Sorry buddy who ever you are
Sponsored