pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Woohoo figured out how to add my fuelly to my signature!
Sponsored

Atisko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan rogue
Isn't this pump/click/wait/pump/click thing you guys are talking about considered topping off? That's how I see it, and this is not good for the car and the owners manual in every car I've owned for 20 years says do not do this.

You'll end up getting fuel in the charcoal canister.
You may be right. However,this is consistent with the technique that’s even done on the car shows on TV. I think the important thing is to let the pump stop on its own and not force More in..

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I stop at first click. That's the correct way to do it, and consistently doing it that way should still get you an accurate consumption calculation.

Now, obviously you doing this sometimes is not going to hurt the thing. We've all probably had pumps not shut off and gas spew everywhere. But I believe consistently doing that could lead to issues, or they wouldn't say not to do it.

fordtruckguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford truck
Half way through first tank 100% city driving with 40 mile light tow. 22 mpg. Still haven’t had to get on the expressway. Will update with manually calculating mpg at next fill up.

Sponsored

AngeloInSC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ran the first tank to the danger line. 87 octane from the dealer, 70/30 city/interstate split, 200 miles on 245 Toyo all terrains.

48BE7566-25CF-4090-A0A1-324E56688CD1.jpeg
Now that's ballzy. I think the Mav would be a bear to push.
(Pardon if you're a chick).

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Problem is, those look like all old Mav coupes.
That's true for all vehicles with a long history. They are separated by year as well, so if you go to Ford Explorer, you can see first gen Explorers but also 2022 Explorers. So shouldn't be a problem.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Problem is, those look like all old Mav coupes.
The 2022-specific page isn't available yet because nobody has an 'average' to be listed. Fuelly won't show your average MPG until 2 tank fills are entered. There are just 5 2022 Mavericks listed on Fuelly - you can see them on the right side history if you go to this page:

https://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/maverick/2022

Once the 5 of us add additional tanks, our vehicles will actually show up here on that page link (hint - you can go see them individually by clicking on the recent activity links on the right as well). There will also then be a 2022 page to view on the main Maverick fuelly link originally posted.

Sponsored

Stevospeedo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD FX4 4K Towing 245/65R17 Falken WP A/T3W
I'm surprised no one has asked about wind velocity and direction. Not to mention:
Hills, up or down, and the angle of the slope(s)
Then we need to consider: Weather conditions and temperature. How about the drag created by driving through snow? After that, we'll need to take into account the density of the snow as well as the depth. How about the weight of the driver alone and with different amounts of passengers of varying weights? Are their pockets full, or empty? If full, let's weigh them. Let's be honest, change weighs more than paper currency. I'll continue the list if I get as bored as you must be
I personally only log my trips after a nice bathroom break and fully dehydrated.

Atisko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan rogue
I think you could improved by 3 miles per gallon with Michelin energy savers as opposed to 245 all-terrain tires.

Atisko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan rogue
Wowwwweeee. That could add up to 10-15 dollars a month!!
If people didn’t care so much about the small changes then you wouldn’t see so many posts and discussions about mpg.
Furthermore, you’re forgetting the additional benefits and just thinking one dimensional; improved breaking, improved on road driving and increased range.
Sponsored