First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford Maverick lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So far getting 9l /100km with 300km on her so far.
Sponsored

Jason R

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Area 51, 2001 S-10 Xtreme
Mine might be higher than normal because of how long my commute is (110 miles a day), without much traffic or stop lights and a relatively low speed limit, but I'm averaging 30.4 so far over the first 500 miles and it is still climbing. I just stay in the right lane with the cruise control set at 65, and drive very light on the throttle. When I come across someone going slower, I often slow down to match their speed and get even better mileage.

My Mazda 3 used to get 42 mpg for an overall average, so it is easier to accept my mileage dropping to 30+ mpg rather than getting a full sized truck that gets 20 mpg.

MAC_Detail

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Since you’re talking about what is silly🤔 all these post verifying their mpg based on the built-in dash monitor-that’s silly!!

Be nice to see a few post here with people that actually fill up the tank at the pump, wait 30 seconds, fill till pump stops. Reset trip mileage Button. Drive around till almost empty and return to the same gas pump for the same procedure and refilling. Divide miles driven by gallons seen on pump.
-that’s the correct way-
Going to have to wait for the TFL truck review lol.

Redbaron

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Cruze
In a place as flat as Florida to boot? You should not be getting that bad unless you're sitting in traffic everywhere. Also at 75mph even with some wind you shouldn't be seeing anything below 27-29 and be hitting or very close to 30 at that speed as an average.
that’s what I thought too. I’m going to be doing a 400 mile road trip here soon 95% of the time will be doing 79mph and I will reset the trip meter at the beginning and do a manual calc when I stop at the gas station.
My car usually averages about 55 mpg on this trip. But that’s a Chevy Cruze diesel. I didn’t expect mileage to be great coming from such a fuel efficient car but not this bad. I’ll post my trip meter after the trip.

Tman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick. 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Second tank of gas came in at 27.3mpg. AWD 2.0 Eco using normal driving mode. Mix of highway, city, suburban and country roads. I filled it up and placed the vehicle in ECO mode for trip back so far I have gotten 30.5 MPG, all highway, cruising at about 75 MPH. But I have only gone about 26 miles so far. I plan to take a road trip this week end so we will see.

I am going to experiment with the different setting to see which one I get the best mileage and performance out of. Haven't noticed a huge drop in performance between the Regular mode and the ECO mode, other than the MPG. But like I said I have only driven a little over 26 miles in ECO mode

Sponsored

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Second tank of gas came in at 27.3mpg. AWD 2.0 Eco using normal driving mode. Mix of highway, city, suburban and country roads. I filled it up and placed the vehicle in ECO mode for trip back so far I have gotten 30.5 MPG, all highway, cruising at about 75 MPH. But I have only gone about 26 miles so far. I plan to take a road trip this week end so we will see.

I am going to experiment with the different setting to see which one I get the best mileage and performance out of. Haven't noticed a huge drop in performance between the Regular mode and the ECO mode, other than the MPG. But like I said I have only driven a little over 26 miles in ECO mode
87 octane I presume? That's respectable all considered. We (Ohio) will begin switching to winter blend fuel soon, along with colder temps, may dip a bit in the coming months. But by next summer, with some miles to loosen up the engine, should see 30 combined consistently, IMO.

thunaman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Subaru Outback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok, Just wanted to update my calculated MPG. I am almost to 1000 miles on the
ODO. These are my calculated MPG based on how many miles driven and how much fuel I added. for reference the in-dash computer, witch has not been reset, is telling me I am getting 29.8 MPG.

I am using 91 octane fuel that I am purchasing at the same gas station on each fill up. it is a "top tier" fuel. My truck is an XLT AWD FX4. driven on the "normal" driving mode.

Fill up #1 @400.6mi added 13.687gal MPG 29.27
Fill up #2 @631.2mi added 7.998gal MPG 28.83
Fill up #3 @949.4mi added 11.315gal MPG 28.12

This is my normal work commute (80mi RT) + tooling around on the weekend. I live in a suburb of Phoenix so it is mostly flat driving, with a mix of freeway and city. however the freeway driving is in traffic during the week. Also I started off driving like a grandma as I am of the mindset that I need to break this engine in, and have been slowly normalizing my driving.

I am keeping a log and will update here periodically.

Redbaron

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Cruze
Start of my trip on 87 octane. All highway so far.
not liking the numbers so far. This is Florida so super flat driving.
My first fill up before the trip yielded 19.7 mpg average. (154 miles driven 7.822 gallons consumed)
Ford Maverick Real world fuel mileage MPG results by 2.0 EcoBoost owners - check in here 626CBD0A-797B-4A77-9E94-231B5B611460

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
Start of my trip on 87 octane. All highway so far.
not liking the numbers so far. This is Florida so super flat driving.
My first fill up before the trip yielded 19.7 mpg average. (154 miles driven 7.822 gallons consumed)
626CBD0A-797B-4A77-9E94-231B5B611460.jpeg

I am surprised your numbers are not lower at 89mph;)

Redbaron

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Cruze
89 MPH?!? I'd say 24.8 mpg is more than adequate. Back her down to 65-70 mph and you'll be exceeding the EPA estimate. Can't believe you're "not liking the numbers so far" when you're driving 90 f**king miles per hour.. SMH

Not to mention, the 2.0L loves premium. I'd sugguest running 91+ but the real answer for you is to simply slow it down a bit.
I guess I’m just used to a car that averages 50+ mpg at these speeds. I’m keeping up with traffic….. it’s Florida remember?

Sponsored

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok, Just wanted to update my calculated MPG. I am almost to 1000 miles on the
ODO. These are my calculated MPG based on how many miles driven and how much fuel I added. for reference the in-dash computer, witch has not been reset, is telling me I am getting 29.8 MPG.

I am using 91 octane fuel that I am purchasing at the same gas station on each fill up. it is a "top tier" fuel. My truck is an XLT AWD FX4. driven on the "normal" driving mode.

Fill up #1 @400.6mi added 13.687gal MPG 29.27
Fill up #2 @631.2mi added 7.998gal MPG 28.83
Fill up #3 @949.4mi added 11.315gal MPG 28.12

This is my normal work commute (80mi RT) + tooling around on the weekend. I live in a suburb of Phoenix so it is mostly flat driving, with a mix of freeway and city. however the freeway driving is in traffic during the week. Also I started off driving like a grandma as I am of the mindset that I need to break this engine in, and have been slowly normalizing my driving.

I am keeping a log and will update here periodically.
If you're keeping a log, fuelly is your friend :) You can literally just send a text with the miles/price/gallons (hint - acronym MPG to remember what to enter)! Your miles will be tracked, calculated, and you'll even get a text back instantly with those calculations. After you enter the M/P /G details, you can also add any notes which will be captured as comments related to that particular fillup. A text something like this:

400 3.099 14.254 gauge reads 28mpg 60/40 highway

Everything after 14.254 then gets captured as a comment on Fuelly. I think it is great and super easy to do - takes all of the math out of the process too.

Last edited:

Redbaron

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Cruze
What car gets 50+ mpg at 90 miles per hour?
my diesel Chevy Cruze with a tune and straight pipe. It supposedly has more torque than this truck lol.

Last edited:

thunaman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Subaru Outback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Also, maybe put the phone down and get off the Maverick Truck Club while driving street racing.
He's got it on auto-pilot.... set it and forget it right?!?!?

Redbaron

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Cruze
And aren't those rated at about 45 highway MPG from the jump? Makes a little more sense why you may not be "liking the numbers" of your Maverick but it's also no real comparison. I'd say ~25 MPG @ 90 MPH is better than I would have expected.
Yeah, the tune really improves the mpg of that car too. I guess it’s better than most trucks. Maybe an ecodiesel would match it.

Atisko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan rogue
I guess I’m just used to a car that averages 50+ mpg at these speeds. I’m keeping up with traffic….. it’s Florida remember?
I was trying to figure out why the guy above you is getting 30 miles to the gallon and you’re getting 20 a great example of what a different speed makes!! The coefficient drag increases exponentially not linear!!
Sponsored