First Name
PW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy S-10
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are you in any way related to STARCOMMTREY1? Asking for a friend.

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good to hear. Hopefully the OKTB comes soon. I suspect that customer ordered window stickers will update after that or shortly before. Just a thought, who knows.

Us June hybrid orders are going to be chomping at the bit even more.

Living in Southern CA with much stop and go traffic, I'm very happy with these numbers. I get 16 if i'm lucky right now.
So Cal here too. Our freeway miles are really more like city miles 😔

Last edited:

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've never not gotten better than EPA mileage. With our current VW jetta we're generally averaging high 30's overall (rated at 33) and easily low 50's on the freeway and longer road trips (rated at 40). So, I'm pretty optimistic.
Never not? 😂

Sponsored

TS0323

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid XLT Lux in Alto Blue
Are those numbers misplaced? It gets better mileage in the city than on the highway?
That's pretty typical of hybrids since they're able to get a lot of energy back through regenerative braking.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are those numbers misplaced? It gets better mileage in the city than on the highway?
All hybrids get better mileage in the city because they are running on electricity a lot in city driving.

Sponsored

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Newtotrucksvt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered in August. Originally scheduled for Sep. 20 (this was after an XLT order never got scheduled; still waiting on that). Window sticker with MPG posted today.

More context: I ordered an XLT in June. After waiting a long time, I ordered an XL from a different dealer in August, planning to take whichever comes first. I ordered a bed liner for the XL but somehow it didn't get included on the order, and I didn't notice that until it was already assigned a VIN (and maybe the reason it was assigned a VIN). Had a VIN for about 6 weeks and production date kept getting moved out by one or two weeks. Last notice was that it was scheduled for a 10/25 build. Just checked today and it is "in production" with a window sticker showing the MPG. Still no production date on my XLT, but it has had an 02 priority code for a few weeks.

This is a REAL window sticker. Check the link with that exact VIN.. shows same numbers.

Window Sticker (forddirect.com) - https://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=3FTTW8E35NRA10074

View attachment 13710
I wonder how many additional MPGs the tonneau cover provides. I imagine the reduction in drag adds efficiency...

BeardedK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yep, It's a hybrid. It captures some of the braking energy to charge the battery. Low speeds, e.g. traffic, will likely run off the battery.

mikelowrey

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I saw the EPA posted some of the 2022 hybrid MPG for other companies today. The Hyundai Ioniq gets 59 combined. 58 city 60 highway. I figured the Ford Maverick would have been a bit more. 50 mpg or something.
Sponsored