Sponsored

Cactus_Kid

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Shadow Blk Mustang GT Prem A10
It has it's own double-click button to remote start. Truck must be locked to start it this way, so I'll probably just get in the habit of locking, then double-clicking.
Mustangs are the same. Lock, double click the button below the lock emblem. It has a circle with 2X inside it.
Sponsored

Cactus_Kid

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Jukebox Nero, do I understand correctly that there is no homelink button in the sun visor ? That would be a major fail on Fords part IMHO. This validates my decision to wait out the first year.

OP
OP
Jukebox Nero

Jukebox Nero

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Maverick Lariat Alto Blue FX4 4k 2.0 EB
@Jukebox Nero, do I understand correctly that there is no homelink button in the sun visor ? That would be a major fail on Fords part IMHO. This validates my decision to wait out the first year.
Correct, no Homelink of any kind. You can see the discussions we've had by using the search for "Homelink". Several alternatives were talked about in one of the threads.

Cactus_Kid

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Correct, no Homelink of any kind. You can see the discussions we've had by using the search for "Homelink". Several alternatives were talked about in one of the threads.
Ugh ! What was Ford thinking ?

Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I requested an auto-dimming mirror be installed (with homelink) before I picked mine up and I was told no such part exists at all for a Maverick. Hopefully that changes.

A_Turkey_Sammich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150
Engine
Undecided
I only skimmed through most of the replies so apologies if any of this has been said alreadyā€¦

The F150 hoods are (or at least were with the earlier 13th gen one) like that as well. Mine WAS like that. Itā€™s a pretty simple thing to fix. Hood latches are adjustable on almost any vehicle, so even though maverick uses a double pull type, should be no different. Simply loosen the bolts and move it down a notch or 2.

The ā€˜full sizeā€™ spareā€¦.to me that has always simply meant a normal fully rated tire vs a mini speed and distance limited donutā€¦not an exact match of wheel and tire of the other 4. I think thatā€™s just an expectation thing, whether too high on your part or too low on mine. While the size is a bit different, diameter might be the same which is what counts. Narrower yes, but also a higher aspect, so sidewall may be the same (I havenā€™t run thru tire calculator, but lots of sites to do that out there).

Thanks for the review. Always good to see some real impressions vs everything just being the best thing ever routine which isnā€™t all that helpful. Ones like this are.

OP
OP
Jukebox Nero

Jukebox Nero

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Maverick Lariat Alto Blue FX4 4k 2.0 EB
I am replacing the mirror with this one. Hopefully it will work out well.

I requested an auto-dimming mirror be installed (with homelink) before I picked mine up and I was told no such part exists at all for a Maverick. Hopefully that changes.
I did a lot of nighttime driving on our road trip and found that I didn't miss Auto-Dimming once due to the privacy glass in the back. It dimmed all lights enough that it wasn't an issue. Of course someone wasn't running up behind me with their brights on full display. I'll see how that works out when the time comes.

I only skimmed through most of the replies so apologies if any of this has been said alreadyā€¦

The F150 hoods are (or at least were with the earlier 13th gen one) like that as well. Mine WAS like that. Itā€™s a pretty simple thing to fix. Hood latches are adjustable on almost any vehicle, so even though maverick uses a double pull type, should be no different. Simply loosen the bolts and move it down a notch or 2.

The ā€˜full sizeā€™ spareā€¦.to me that has always simply meant a normal fully rated tire vs a mini speed and distance limited donutā€¦not an exact match of wheel and tire of the other 4. I think thatā€™s just an expectation thing, whether too high on your part or too low on mine. While the size is a bit different, diameter might be the same which is what counts. Narrower yes, but also a higher aspect, so sidewall may be the same (I havenā€™t run thru tire calculator, but lots of sites to do that out there).

Thanks for the review. Always good to see some real impressions vs everything just being the best thing ever routine which isnā€™t all that helpful. Ones like this are.
Thanks for the info on the hood, but I don't think the latch was the issue. The flapping seems to occur up near the windshield. It may be a cause-effect thing, so I will look that up online and see if anyone posted a correction guide.

For the Full-Sized Spare, I didn't expect the wheel to match, especially with how much Ford charges for an OEM replacement (Bronco Sport are 800-900 each for a 17"). I am fine with the 17" Steelie, since it is a spare, but I would think that the tire, itself, should be called something other than "full sized" if it doesn't match the other tire sizes in height. Like I said, I was swapping all 5 of mine out anyway, so it wasn't a huge issue for me, but others may not be planning to replace the spare. Thanks for the reply.

wolfman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
If you have the key fob in your pocket, does the truck unlock when you grab the driver's side door handle? Can you also lock the vehicle by touching the top of the handle (again, when the fob is in your pocket)?

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you have the key fob in your pocket, does the truck unlock when you grab the driver's side door handle? Can you also lock the vehicle by touching the top of the handle (again, when the fob is in your pocket)?
Only with Larait/LUX package-

Sponsored

grawlinson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Awesome, this is exactly my build except mine won't have FX4. Just noticed you're in UT, hopefully I'll see you on the road sometime, still haven't seen a Maverick in the wild.

ychuck46

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Supercrew w/EcoBoost engine, Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good, fair review. Appreciate it!

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Awesome, this is exactly my build except mine won't have FX4. Just noticed you're in UT, hopefully I'll see you on the road sometime, still haven't seen a Maverick in the wild.
The ford dealer in Layton has a demo XLT/LUX that can be driven and wont be sold-

ffjack15

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I haven't had a problem with that the back window tint helps

MattyG

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav 2.0 AWD, Lariat Lux, FX4, 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
has anyone tackled any steep mountian highway decents? I have a place in CO and have to do a lot of Hwy 70 driving and taking on passes like Loveland and Berthoud. My current 328 has selectable shift automatic which allows me to downshift and engine break and maintain speed on the steep grades. The Ford 8-speed does not have this. Additionally, I'd be doing this without any real towing/hauling most of time. I'm hearing that the Tow/Haul mode might do a good enough job of this, but not any real world feedback. Would love to hear of anyone's experiences.
Sponsored