Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wouldn't have mattered, in his case, since he was already scheduled. The "cancel non COVP" notice specifically stated that "unscheduled" orders would be changed to priority 99 for a week, then deleted if the dealer didn't complete the COVP.
And Ford always does exactly what they tell us they are going to do. :p

Reactions: GRB

BlueSpec1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT 2.5L, 22 Escape Plug In, 23 Bolt EUV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone know if the engines have nameplate data/numbers on them somewhere?

Edit, perhaps on end of engine like:
Ford Maverick ⚠️ Recall 23S27 & Delivery Hold on 2.5L Maverick Hybrids for Under Hood Fire (Notice Date 5/31/23) Ford Engine Label 1.5L 020418

Last edited:

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And Ford always does exactly what they tell us they are going to do. :p
Or what they should do which is apparently to inspect all the long blocks, at least built before September 1, 2022, already.

zach57x

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This officially becomes public, and stock price goes up! o_O

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I went to both the Ford Pass app, and to the Ford Recall site and both say that my Mav Hybrid are not part of the recall, built in the first couple weeks of May.

Not sure why, but the recall notice does say "certain" Mavvy's, and not all of them. So far I am loving the gas mileage, and the ride. Kind of like a game to drive and see what mileage I can get.
It is UNCERTAIN which are THE CERTAIN vehicles built with the CERTAIN affected parts.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This officially becomes public, and stock price goes up! o_O
It is a positive sign to the shareholders to be that Ford appears to know what vehicles are affected as well as a number less than the 127,nnn stated.

yoyomav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ranger 3.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Documents are on the NHTSA website now. Notable info: 35,501 Mavericks affected:

recall1.PNG

Remedy expected Q3:

recall2.PNG

Only affects engines built before September 1, 2022:

recall3.PNG

PDFs are attached if you want to see them yourself.

My interpretation is that they are addressing the crankshaft machining issues with the early 2.5 engines that lead to the fires which required the original undershield recall. It's still only based on 25 total fires out of 100,000+, but they are acknowledging that those engines have increased failure rates compared to those build from September on. Note that this is the engine build date not the vehicle build date. So there are many mavericks built after that date with affected engines, but Ford does have the data and has already flagged the VINs. I think at this point, if your VIN is clean, it will stay that way, and if it isn't then your engine was built earlier and you'll need the recall.

I do wonder what the remedy will be for those affected. Replace the crankshaft and bearings? Offer extended/lifetime engine warranties? Total engine replacement?
Excellent info. As I suspected, not ALL mavericks within the recall date range are affected.

Silver23

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My hybrid maverick is currently at the dealership for service because the 12v battery kept draining overnight. Does anybody know if my dealer will refuse to return my maverick to me until this safety recall has been performed?
sounds like there is no recall ...yet....it said no repair remedy has been published. Right?

son of a ..sven

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick ⚠️ Recall 23S27 & Delivery Hold on 2.5L Maverick Hybrids for Under Hood Fire (Notice Date 5/31/23) {filename}
Recalls *
You’re all set! There are no recalls for this vehicle.

guess I will check again in a week or three.

Sponsored

Montevilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XL Hybrid w/moonroof
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
FordPass app says no recall for my May 22 build, but logging into Ford website says there is...

Last edited:

bwil415

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G37
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Onceforall

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like the fact that it says the vehicles affected were not produced in VIN order. So, that does mean date range can be the deciding criteria. And, "built" date is what is specified, not "in production". So May 19th + vehicles should be good.

thev8man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid XL, 2023 XLT Tremor
Engine
Undecided
Clubs

My May 18th built hybrid is affected.
Will the dealer be sitting on the vehicle until Q4 when (maybe) a remedy becomes available?
That is about 6 months away!

Will the dealer be financing the car sitting on its lot it can't sell for 6 months? That's a lot of money sitting there.

I will be buying a 6 months old car in Q4 after it was sitting for 6 months in a parking lot waiting for the recall? Is that still a "new" car after 6 months? Would you still buy it as one?
Dangit

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
FordPass app says no recall for my May 22 build, but logging into Ford website says there is...
The recall will or won't be attached to your specific VIN. Build dates aren't the best indicator, but the VIN is. So far my VIN (1/12/23 build) is not on the list. Thanks to all the info here, I'm not worried...but if I hear a rod crashing through the block, I'll stop...not try to continue to drive on the electric motor.
Sponsored