First Name
Skyline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Honda Ridgeline
Engine
Undecided
The new Tacoma with a hybrid engine is coming out at the end of the year. I'm seriously considering it!!
You are not alone, I'll be test driving either the hybrid Tacoma, or maybe the Stout. Based on my own experience with '05 Toyota Avalon, still have it, I'll have no problems switching over. One of the reasons why I stopped adding after market items, like oil catch cans, to my Lariat...
Sponsored

Bruce W

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid Latiat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As a senior and female, I hate that I have a 2022 vehicle that is not safe to drive!! I am awaiting 4 recalls right now but the one concerning is the under hood fire. I will be moving from So Cali to Northern Cali in mid-septOctober this fall. There are freeeways I will be traveling with truck loaded and if I realize something is very wrong it can take some time to move across 4-6 lanes of traffic to get an opportunity to exit...and if there is fire involvement this could likely cause an accident! I rthink it very negligent on Fords part to not have parts to fix this until October/November. It could be a lawsuit several times over for them. Im just worried about truck breaking down or someone getting hurt.
Do you think I should ply it safe and rent a pick up instead? I will need to make three 870 mi. round-trip to complete the move.....mainly due to such a small truck bed. I definitely wouldnt want to tow a additional trailer and make it even more difficult to maneuver on freewa lanes.
I agree. Totally unsafe to drive. Please sell to me at a very reasonable price. I will face the danger for you so you can have peace of mind. But seriously, just maintain, drive and enjoy it. If oil comes spraying out from under the hood stop driving it as soon as possible.

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'd do some quick math and ask UHaul how much a van costs. Not because of fire, but because I could convert three trips into one trip.

OP
OP
Benson

Benson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As a senior and a female....why do you continue to own a vehicle that is "not safe to drive"?

Don't you have a responsibility to the rest of the populous to not put it on the road?
I fully expected this type of ridicule from a man who gains a feeling of superiority if they degrade a woman…..especially in view of other males. Your patronizing attitude is showing—you degraded yourself.

OP
OP
Benson

Benson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd do some quick math and ask UHaul how much a van costs. Not because of fire, but because I could convert three trips into one trip.
I think you are absolutely right about converting the 3 trips into one! I will consider this and call Uhaul for for estimate…..might be less $ in October as I think prices drop somewhat after the usual summer moving increases. Thanks for the great idea!

Sponsored

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I own a hybrid Maverick and my wife owns a hybrid Escape. We both received the recall notices by mail last week. I called Customer Relations yesterday and explained my dissatisfaction. They gave me a case number and told me to expect a call back within 3-5 business days. Do I expect Ford to do anything? No.

Will I buy another Ford vehicle? No. These are the first two Ford vehicles my wife and I have owned since the mid '90's. We're going back to buying Toyotas after this experience. We've owned a variety of Toyotas, including a Prius for over 6 1/2 years. Never had one problem with it. The new Tacoma with a hybrid engine is coming out at the end of the year. I'm seriously considering it!!
Did you read my post above? Toyota has had recalls for engine fires - 1.6 million. By your illogical logic you can't drive any vehicle because they all have some types of issues. The vast majority of Ford hybrids won't have a problem just like Toyotas. Amazing how people panic about nonsense.

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I fully expected this type of ridicule from a man who gains a feeling of superiority if they degrade a woman…..especially in view of other males. Your patronizing attitude is showing—you degraded yourself.
I guess you must be inside his mind to know what he believes. Seems like you like to jump to conclusions.

Donald

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I own a hybrid Maverick and my wife owns a hybrid Escape. We both received the recall notices by mail last week. I called Customer Relations yesterday and explained my dissatisfaction. They gave me a case number and told me to expect a call back within 3-5 business days. Do I expect Ford to do anything? No.

Will I buy another Ford vehicle? No. These are the first two Ford vehicles my wife and I have owned since the mid '90's. We're going back to buying Toyotas after this experience. We've owned a variety of Toyotas, including a Prius for over 6 1/2 years. Never had one problem with it. The new Tacoma with a hybrid engine is coming out at the end of the year. I'm seriously considering it!!
And you think the first year of a hybrid Tacoma to be recall free?

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you read my post above? Toyota has had recalls for engine fires - 1.6 million. By your illogical logic you can't drive any vehicle because they all have some types of issues. The vast majority of Ford hybrids won't have a problem just like Toyotas. Amazing how people panic about nonsense.
Yes, I read your comments, and I totally respect what you said in your previous post. However, that doesn't mean that I have to agree with it, but I respect what you said, and I would expect that same level of courtesy.

OP
OP
Benson

Benson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I guess you must be inside his mind to know what he believes. Seems like you like to jump to conclusions.
It’s simply called an opinion! No need to be so defensive for your buddy! 🙄
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.