Ac1030

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Altima, 2001 4Runner
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There is some posts on this Forum somewhere where a guy put on a low cost "Harbor Freight" hitch for like $35. or something like that.

Also: I kind of wish Ford would give us the option of getting the $100. Hitch without the wiring harness (if that is the true constraint). anyone agree with that thinking?
Thatā€™s what I was thinking. I donā€™t see myself towing anything on my hybrid. I have a 4Runner for that. I really only want the hitch to throw a bike rack on there lol.
Do you know if the aftermarket options sit flush?
Sponsored

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid MAV, 04 Dakota 4x4, 02 Lexus, 03 V-Rod +
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thatā€™s what I was thinking. I donā€™t see myself towing anything on my hybrid. I have a 4Runner for that. I really only want the hitch to throw a bike rack on there lol.
Do you know if the aftermarket options sit flush?
It looked pretty dam good on the thread for that cheap hitch! I am considering doing that instead of the factory hitch (which is a big constraint, or so I have heard).

I have a V-8 Dakota for that too!

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/affordable-tow-hitch-alternative.26840/#post-501261

Last edited:

Feldgary53

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Maverick incoming, ā€˜13 Porsche 911,ā€˜19 Audi Q3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow, 12 pages in this thread and only one order scheduled post? I guess Jim Farley and the boys at Ford were preoccupied with the big Formula 1 RedBull announcement to do any scheduling this week :unsure:

Wildhorsed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT hybrid
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The wait for my Maverick, has been long,
I've counted the days, in a patient song.
Months have passed, but still I hold,
To the dream of owning, a story untold.

I imagine the feel, of its smooth ride,
The power under the hood, I'll take for a stride.
I've pored over pictures, and read every review,
Anticipating the moment, I'll finally get to pursue.

The wait has been tough, but my resolve is strong,
I know my Maverick, won't be here for long.
And when it finally arrives, I'll take a deep breath,
And enjoy the journey, that lies ahead, I'll be blessed.

So I'll hold on a bit more, with a smile,
For my Maverick, all worth while.
And when it finally arrives, in my drive,
I'll cherish it, for the rest of my life."

Sponsored

B. Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Kia Niro; battered NIssan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The wait for my Maverick, has been long,
I've counted the days, in a patient song.
Months have passed, but still I hold,
To the dream of owning, a story untold.

I imagine the feel, of its smooth ride,
The power under the hood, I'll take for a stride.
I've pored over pictures, and read every review,
Anticipating the moment, I'll finally get to pursue.

The wait has been tough, but my resolve is strong,
I know my Maverick, won't be here for long.
And when it finally arrives, I'll take a deep breath,
And enjoy the journey, that lies ahead, I'll be blessed.

So I'll hold on a bit more, with a smile,
For my Maverick, all worth while.
And when it finally arrives, in my drive,
I'll cherish it, for the rest of my life."
I think you've got yourself a country song: three chords and the truth.

Radwaste50

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord HRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I received my email from Ford last week, but I just registered today with MaverickTruckClub, so hereā€™s my info.

The original email on 01/26/2023 10:47am gave a build week of 03/13/2023, but I received a follow-up on 01/31/2023 7:09pm changing it to 03/06/2023. (03/08/2023 on the website)

Carbonized Gray Lariat Lux Hybrid, Spray-in bedliner & Bed Utility Package Discount

Missouri

Ordered 09/15/2023

Dealer: Joe Machens Capital City
RivrMav Build Schedule_01-31-2023.jpg
RivrMav Build Schedule_01-31-2023.jpg
I think you ordered 9/15/22 unless mistaken if not
please tell us Superbowl, NBA, and Stanley cup winner

BG43017

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Tucson
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Itā€™s now been 476 days since I placed my order for my 2022 Maverickā€¦..I placed a 2023 Maverick order on the first day the order system opened in September. Iā€™m a Priority 10. All the paper work was completed as required. The dealership has plenty of allocations.

Hey Ford Motor Company, I know you monitor this siteā€¦ā€¦ā€¦you might want to pass this along to your management teamā€¦ā€¦...when are you going to get your heads out of your asses and build my truck?

šŸ–•šŸæ

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Itā€™s now been 476 days since I placed my order for my 2022 Maverickā€¦..I placed a 2023 Maverick order on the first day the order system opened in September. Iā€™m a Priority 10. All the paper work was completed as required. The dealership has plenty of allocations.

Hey Ford Motor Company, I know you monitor this siteā€¦ā€¦ā€¦you might want to pass this along to your management teamā€¦ā€¦...when are you going to get your heads out of your asses and build my truck?

šŸ–•šŸæ
How many allocations has your dealer had? How many 22 orders with VIN which were given a priority of 2?

shark777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Its o
How do you know what you priority code is and how do you know it went up? Thanks!
It's on your order form from your dealer. You can ask your sale person. Not sure if the priority number matters though.

Sponsored

BG43017

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Tucson
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How many allocations has your dealer had? How many 22 orders with VIN which were given a priority of 2?
Thanks for your questionsā€¦..

Iā€™m being told by the dealership that their remaining ā€œFord estimated allocationā€ for MY2023 is only 38. This is a big name dealership in Ohio.

They have 7 MY2023 Priority 2 orders which all have scheduled production dates. These all had production schedules back in November 2022 that didnā€™t get fulfilled

They have 37 MY2023 Priority 10 orders.

All 37 + 7 = 42 were unfulfilled MY2022 orders.

They have 128 new MY2023 Priority 11+ orders.

I am also told, as of yesterday, they have ZERO allocations scheduled for this week.

The 38 remaining allocations seems to makes sense because back in November 2022 they told me their MY2023 allocation was 45. So subtracting the 7 Priority 2 orders that are currently all scheduled for production leaves 38.

Iā€™m really wondering if I will ever get a new truck!!!

Itā€™s now been 477 days since I placed my 2022 Maverick order and still waiting on the incompetent folks at Ford Motor Company to do their jobs and deliver my truck.

Any other questions or thoughts?

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Iā€™m being told by the dealership that their remaining ā€œFord estimated allocationā€ for MY2023 is only 38. This is a big name dealership in Ohio.

They have 7 MY2023 Priority 2 orders which all have scheduled production dates. These all had production schedules back in November 2022 that didnā€™t get fulfilled

I am also told, as of yesterday, they have ZERO allocations scheduled for this week.

The 38 remaining allocations seems to makes sense because back in November 2022 they told me their MY2023 allocation was 45. So subtracting the 7 Priority 2 orders that are currently all scheduled for production leaves 38.

Itā€™s now been 477 days since I placed my 2022 Maverick order and still waiting on the incompetent folks at Ford Motor Company to do their jobs and deliver my truck.

At least your dealer gives you their order and allocation numbers. My MY22 dealer will not give me either.

Allocations are allotted each month so your dealer should get some more next week.

Chances are in your favor you will get scheduled this year but it may not be soon. I know how frustrating it is since I'm in the same situation. The Ford allocation system screws the customer.

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Youā€™re saying their current estimated allocations for this year donā€™t even touch the new MY23 orders?? Thatā€™s crazy.

BG43017

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Tucson
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Youā€™re saying their current estimated allocations for this year donā€™t even touch the new MY23 orders?? Thatā€™s crazy.
Yeah! Shouldnā€™t be that surprising.

I just google how many Ford Dealerships in US, there are 2968. IF Ford can build 100,000 Mavericks a year, thatā€™s an average allocation for each dealership of 100,000/2968 = 33.7 Mavericks per dealership.

Some dealerships are getting 150 plus allocations, others are getting 45, some are getting at best 1 or 2.

This is really messed up!
Sponsored