📬 2/2/23 Scheduling Email Received Group [EMAILS NOW ARRIVING]

ShadowBlack XL440

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had ordered 2 no options added XLTs. One Ecoboost and one hybrid. I changed the hybrid to an Ecoboost also 3 weeks ago, so 2 Ecos. Both are priority 19s, clean, and ordered 9/15. The logic I have gained from the brain trust here is that all Ecoboots will be built, but what if the dealership runs out of allocations?
Screwed and Screwed if no allocations. Might as well held out for the hybrid. Logic does not work in a non-logical system.
Sponsored

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So I guess Ford got this week mixed up with last week? They said last week was clean-up and a bunch were scheduled. This was supposed to be a regular week and only ONE person gets scheduled. Sounds like a typical Ford thing.

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Over $300 for a stupid hitch? Sikeeee
Well mainly I'm just trying to figure out if there actually is an option later for someone who ditches the hitch. I don't think I will ever need it but I like options. You are charged $100 for stand alone hitch now if ordered with truck.

Sponsored

Ac1030

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Altima, 2001 4Runner
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well mainly I'm just trying to figure out if there actually is an option later for someone who ditches the hitch. I don't think I will ever need it but I like options.
Agreed. I thought about dropping a hitch to increase the possibility of getting my hybrid. But it’s crazy how expensive it is to add one afterwards.
If I don’t get mine built this year I’m just going to look for a tacoma.

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Agreed. I thought about dropping a hitch to increase the possibility of getting my hybrid. But it’s crazy how expensive it is to add one afterwards.
I just don't want to be that guy that gets skipped over because of the stupid hitch. If I knew I needed it I probably would have kept it on.

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If a person decides to go Tacoma I think a 2024 Ranger might be worth a look as well.

Ac1030

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Altima, 2001 4Runner
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just don't want to be that guy that gets skipped over because of the stupid hitch. If I knew I needed it I probably would have kept it on.
I need it for a bike rack.

csuh13

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well mainly I'm just trying to figure out if there actually is an option later for someone who ditches the hitch. I don't think I will ever need it but I like options. You are charged $100 for stand alone hitch now if ordered with truck.
Yes, I checked before I ordered it. You can get that Ford receiver with dealer installation for around $600 altogether. That's why I thought the $100 was such a no-brainer.

Sponsored

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
you don't need the wiring harness for that and that is supposed to be the issue for warranty coverage. Of course the hitch later is $300 vrs $100 now.

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, I checked before I ordered it. You can get that Ford receiver with dealer installation for around $600 altogether. That's why I thought the $100 was such a no-brainer.
Right that's why I say if you know you really need the hitch it seems its better
to keep it.

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid MAV, 04 Dakota 4x4, 02 Lexus, 03 V-Rod +
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

There is some posts on this Forum somewhere where a guy put on a low cost "Harbor Freight" hitch for like $35. or something like that.

Also: I kind of wish Ford would give us the option of getting the $100. Hitch without the wiring harness (if that is the true constraint). anyone agree with that thinking?

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There is some posts on this Forum somewhere where a guy put on a low cost "Harbor Freight" hitch for like $35. or something like that.

Also: I kind of wish Ford would give us the option of getting the $100. Hitch without the wiring harness (if that is the true constraint). anyone agree with that thinking?
agree 100%

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
agree 100%

But they probably can't legally do that.
Sponsored