First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
65 and will be retiring next year. Currently driving a 2017 Fusion Hybrid which is getting 47 mpg. Going with the XLT Hybrid with no reservations about how it will perform.
Sponsored

PapaNer

First Name
Ner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Veloster 2.0 Premium
PapaNer, these little trucks are just so damn versatile. Put a cover over the bed and you will be astonished at the mileage.
Yeah I think I'll try and get a hard roll up cover, or really anything I can easily store. We'll see how it goes!

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
probably 67 by the time mine arrives. Also noticed that Ford had no older folks in the promo clips. Should we sue for age characterization. This makes the average age of purchaser the most secret data point that Ford doesn't want revealed. That would give it the "old fogey" image.

67 here and needed a vehicle that I don't have to climb into or fall into.

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Hyundai Elantra
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Curious how all the videos show very young “buyers” on the promos. I am 64 and am exited to get my new little truck, just saying.
77 here. This will be my fourth "little" truck. I started out with an Isuzu, then a Ranger, then for 10 plus years a Dakota (very expensive to drive) and for the past seven years a Hyundai Elantra which has been very reliable and reasonable to maintain. I thought I would drive it forever but missed a small truck and so jumped on the Maverick given the price. At my age I ignored advice to wait until the third or fourth model year when by that time any kinks should have been ironed out. Truck away.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
77 here. This will be my fourth "little" truck. I started out with an Isuzu, then a Ranger, then for 10 plus years a Dakota (very expensive to drive) and for the past seven years a Hyundai Elantra which has been very reliable and reasonable to maintain. I thought I would drive it forever but missed a small truck and so jumped on the Maverick given the price. At my age I ignored advice to wait until the third or fourth model year when by that time any kinks should have been ironed out. Truck away.
With your screen name you must be a fellow Minnesotan 😁

Sponsored

foxwood28

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
30 years old here and it will be my first truck. Have an interesting driving history:
1993 Mercury Villager (family’s oldest car at the time)
2000 Daewoo Leganza ($500 running and AC, that “leather” was special, but a solid car for college)
2008 Toyota Prius (when the Daewoo died)
2017 GMC Acadia

I like the Acadia, but have had to make too many weird repairs (one that’s about to happen is the first one my dealer mechanic has seen 😑😑😑). I’d originally planned to to drive until it died.

For me, the price point of the Maverick combined with the utility and gas mileage made it standout. Similar suvs to my Acadia cost more used with 75K+ miles on them. I’d rather have the new truck that I can do more with

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Correct. Hope that FWD will be sufficient in our winters. I had no problem with my FWD Elantra.
Just get a set of winter tires. I recommend Bridgestone Blizzaks

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Or if you can, don't drive. I realize that not everyone can do that.

mikebass57

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Curious how all the videos show very young “buyers” on the promos. I am 64 and am exited to get my new little truck, just saying.
Me too @65
I'm not in their stated target market. I'm a late 20's single male. The only car I've ever owned is a 2007 Toyota Tacoma. I love the tacoma, but it's very old and does not do well in any inclement weather.

I'm also way into electric cars, and I want an electric truck. I've been following the Rivian and F-150 lightning, but I couldn't reasonably afford either. When the Mav was announced my path became clear. Buy the hybrid mav, keep it for a couple of years until there's a more affordable full EV truck. Maybe even the mav itself.
same plan
Thats exactly what im doing im 26 only ever owned my 2002 Ranger and plan on keeping the maverick till an all electric version of the ranger or Maverick comes out.
GREAT PLAN

Sponsored

KCHahn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently drive a 2001 Ford Range Edge 2WD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
52. Maybe 53, depending on when my order arrives.
Had an 84 Toyota 4x4, an 87 Toyota 4x2 that I bought
from Dad and my current 01 Ranger. This will be my
first brand new vehicle! I figure after this many years, its
time I treated myself to a new vehicle.

Velocity Blue XLT hybrid, Lux, Co Pilot, sliding window, sun/moonroof*
and hard trifold tonneau. Removed mud/splash guards, when I found
it would delay my order. Will get those later.

*Sunroof, if driving during the day. 😁
*Moonroof, if driving at night! 😁

Altivo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Altivo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
altivo.dreamwidth.org
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ha! 71 here, undoubtedly 72 before they build my XL hybrid. I think Ford's market research (if they did any at all) messed up badly on this. I live on a hobby farm with horses (gave our sheep away some years ago) and have been managing with carryall or SUV type vehicles for 23 years: Cherokee and the old boxy Escape. Maverick will be our first real truck.

gstiglitz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
65, going to retire December 2022 FRA. Ordered a Lariat hybrid fully loaded. Had a 2013 Kia Soul which was a fun car to drive.

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

2freyke

First Name
Kefdog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Shelby GT350, 21 Explorer ST, 18 BMW K1600B
Fifty-nine... Ordered X-plan on 15 AUG, XLT LUX W/360, Area 51. Order confirmed email, nothing else thus far. This will be a fill-in for my current DD ('19 GT350); It will then be put into weekend fun status.
Sponsored