First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Talked to my dealer service dept. today, and he was surprised there was a tsb, since he never heard of the problem. Checked something while I was on the phone, and told me the check engine light should be on. Don’t know where he got that. Got the impression they will keep the truck for awhile. Said they didn’t want to do the tsb and give the truck back and have no brakes.
Sponsored

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Correct. No hybrids have a way to turn off auto stop that I know of. It is part of how a hybrid works. At anytime you stop, unless you are demanding heat from the gas engine, the engine will stop.
If the High-Voltage battery needs further charging the ICE engine will continue to run when the vehicle is stopped to recharge.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Talked to my dealer service dept. today, and he was surprised there was a tsb, since he never heard of the problem. Checked something while I was on the phone, and told me the check engine light should be on. Don’t know where he got that. Got the impression they will keep the truck for awhile. Said they didn’t want to do the tsb and give the truck back and have no brakes.
The fact that the TSB is technically two different issues rolled into one firmware update seems to be confusing some techs/service writers. Like some replacing the DPFE sensor even though only doing the reprogram for the brakes.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The fact that the TSB is technically two different issues rolled into one firmware update seems to be confusing some techs/service writers. Like some replacing the DPFE sensor even though only doing the reprogram for the brakes.
It's like trying to get your dealer to look at the wire harness issue, it's like pulling teeth.

KeinoDoggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid and Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If the High-Voltage battery needs further charging the ICE engine will continue to run when the vehicle is stopped to recharge.
Well yes, that is true.

Sponsored

Starwatcher

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks. Maybe they should read this forum!

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks like Ford has finally issued a TSB for the grabby brakes on Maverick Hybrid models (in addition to another problem combined into the same TSB).

Now owners can contact their dealership with this TSB number (attachment below) and schedule for the software to be updated and hopefully solve the issue.

Screenshot 2022-12-18 at 8.06.16 PM.jpg

Screenshot 2022-12-18 at 8.06.29 PM.jpg
Thanks for sharing this. 3 days ago I had an appt at my dealer for my first oil change, and I brought up the braking issue with the service advisor. He pulled the truck into the service reception bay, and verified that “yes, there’s definitely an issue with the brakes at low speed”. I settled in at the customer waiting lounge, and before long I had received a narrated video from the tech of a walk-around inspection of my vehicle. At the end he noted that there was a software update to address the braking issue. About another hour or so later I was told that my vehicle was ready and the brake issue resolved. Since then I’ve driven the truck about 500 miles and I can tell you it performs like a different vehicle. The pedal feels “normal”, and the fine control at low speed that was missing is there. There is no inconsistency and I am confident in how the brakes will perform with the same repeated brake pedal input.
I am ecstatic; for me, this issue was nearly a deal breaker. I drive a lot of miles per year, and the thought of living with unpredictable brakes for 100k miles was too much. Thanks Ford, for listening. And thanks to my dealer, Holman Ford in Turnersville NJ for a painless buying experience, and now a supportive service dept that I have great confidence in. Now my amazing new truck is perfect!

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
I had my TSB done today, and my tech called to say that it's still exhibiting the same issue even after updating all other modules, so it's going back first thing tomorrow morning to be looked at again. I'll keep you all updated!
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.

Starwatcher

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for sharing this. 3 days ago I had an appt at my dealer for my first oil change, and I brought up the braking issue with the service advisor. He pulled the truck into the service reception bay, and verified that “yes, there’s definitely an issue with the brakes at low speed”. I settled in at the customer waiting lounge, and before long I had received a narrated video from the tech of a walk-around inspection of my vehicle. At the end he noted that there was a software update to address the braking issue. About another hour or so later I was told that my vehicle was ready and the brake issue resolved. Since then I’ve driven the truck about 500 miles and I can tell you it performs like a different vehicle. The pedal feels “normal”, and the fine control at low speed that was missing is there. There is no inconsistency and I am confident in how the brakes will perform with the same repeated brake pedal input.
I am ecstatic; for me, this issue was nearly a deal breaker. I drive a lot of miles per year, and the thought of living with unpredictable brakes for 100k miles was too much. Thanks Ford, for listening. And thanks to my dealer, Holman Ford in Turnersville NJ for a painless buying experience, and now a supportive service dept that I have great confidence in. Now my amazing new truck is perfect!
I noticed the problem when I got my truck last May, and mentioned it then. Was told they all do it, including Escape hybrids. Why did it take so long to get a fix that seems spotty?

Rod

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks like Ford has finally issued a TSB for the grabby brakes on Maverick Hybrid models (in addition to another problem combined into the same TSB).

Now owners can contact their dealership with this TSB number (attachment below) and schedule for the software to be updated and hopefully solve the issue.

Screenshot 2022-12-18 at 8.06.16 PM.jpg

Screenshot 2022-12-18 at 8.06.29 PM.jpg
This has to be the most poorly written and confusing tsb ever. I can’t tell what procedure is for which symptom/problem..ridiculous

Sponsored

Starwatcher

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This has to be the most poorly written and confusing tsb ever. I can’t tell what procedure is for which symptom/problem..ridiculous
My dealer said the same

Wrench77

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac ATS, Ford Maverick pre ordered
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just got my truck back from the dealer with the new reflash to repair the brakes. Absolutely makes a difference. The brakes feel is way more progressive now. I had now check engine light on and they did the reflash. Good luck to anyone else trying to get this fix. Salem Ford in New Hampshire is who I took it too and they have been great to deal with so far.

codavis2

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.
Everything was taken care of! After resetting a few modules, the TSB software was able to be installed! It's not a 100% fix, but it's MUCH better than it was before.

j1truck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EGolf
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just to update. I had my truck updated 2 weeks ago. After done, dealer said the check engine light was on. They unplug the battery and drained overnight and then no more check engine light. The truck grabby brake finally gone!! So glad especially with all the rain in bay area.

Starwatcher

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just to update. I had my truck updated 2 weeks ago. After done, dealer said the check engine light was on. They unplug the battery and drained overnight and then no more check engine light. The truck grabby brake finally gone!! So glad especially with all the rain in bay area.
Surprised California hasn’t floated away! I guess they won’t be whining about drought for awhile.
Sponsored