Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape S , 95 Jeep YJ , 78 Fairmont 351 C
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi all good people
We took delivery of my wife's Mav in November ( 2022 cyber Org XLT lux EB Tow pkg AWD ) and now I have to start Christmas shopping so I got some nice tailgate lettering and don't think I can include this as a Christmas present because it is stuff I want to do to the truck, I drive it on the weekends and at night during the week. I have a 28 year old wrangler that I frame up rebuilt because the frame kept coming up with required repairs so I could get a sticker, yes with leaf springs and a 4.0 lt 6 cyl 5 speed manual trans that I drive daily so it feels like a dump truck compared to the Mav. Any way I wanted to get her a pass for car washes and wanted your opinions on touch free and brush car washes. I wanted an unlimited club card but it does not include touch less washes and wondered what y'all think of car washes in general. I only ask this because I trust the good people that know the Mav is the great value that it is. The people still waiting hang on Man you are going to love it. ( Our first new car purchase )
Thanks in advance
Dan
Sponsored

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I live in Bristol, CT; same weather you get in Nashua. I suggest only using the touch free car wash to include the under carriage in the winter months and hand wash in the warmer months.

The Maverick paint is thin (mentioned many times here) and I don't trust the regular car wash brushes and straps. Just my 2 cents.

john218

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL, Mercedes C300
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Save your money and wash it at home. Touch less doesn’t get heavy dirt and grime off, the only good thing with brush wash is swirls (if you like ‘em 😥)

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Save your money and wash it at home. Touch less doesn’t get heavy dirt and grime off, the only good thing with brush wash is swirls (if you like ‘em 😥)
says the guy in the south :ROFLMAO:

go touch free until it's North Carolina cold then break out your bucket.

Sponsored

RRaynor2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My wife ran her CR-V through a brush car wash and it did a number on her paint. I warned her too, don't ever go through a brush car wash. My dad taught me that when I was a teenager. #1, never go through a brush car wash. #2 NEVER use the brush at a self service car wash, it's always full of sand, rocks, dirt, grime, etc. Touch-less or home wash only. Get yourself a good wash mitt and never let it hit the ground or your wheels. On top of that, get a dirt trap for your wash bucket. it lets the dirt settle at the bottom without letting your mitt pick it back up.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Another good way is to have two buckets: one for soap and suds and the other clean water to rinse the mitt or towel in after each panel of the car is hit. Then back into the soap. Have fun.

Never ever ever go through a touch car wash! 🙁

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Buddy of mine says, "when you buy a new truck, first thing you need to do is take it out into the woods and just scratch the hell out it. It's an effing truck, not a BMW. Treat it as one."

I'm not going to go that extreme. But as I plan to drive this one until its expiration date, I'm not concerned about resale. I'll get it coated once I get it and hit it with a garden hose when need be. Otherwise, it's a truck.

Snowbird

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV 2018
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Another good way is to have two buckets: one for soap and suds and the other clean water to rinse the mitt or towel in after each panel of the car is hit. Then back into the soap. Have fun.

Never ever ever go through a touch car wash! 🙁
This is what I do.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I go through the local MooMoo with all our vehicles all the time, no issues.

Of course, you will get better results doing it yourself, but for many of us, it's not a practical option every time. A high quality automatic brush wash is a great option for a common mass produced vehicle, that you want to keep clean with minimum effort.

Sponsored

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do what you want, I just flat say NO to automatic car washes on any vehicle I own.

Elduchey

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I use turtle wax ceramic graphene as a base coat, topped with Graphene max and last winter it lasted all season with one to two washes a week. No scratches.
Just need a good coating.
Turtle Wax Hybrid ceramic spray for me. It takes no time to do the whole truck and it last for a few months if not longer. Just be sure to wear gloves or your hands are gonna be water resistant for a few days:rolleyes:

Texchappy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 MINI Cooper S cabrio, 2014 Lincoln Navigator
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you care about swirls on your paint? Legitimate question as apparently many don’t. If you don’t, automatics are fine. Personally, I have been doing rinseless washes at home for a number of years. Easy, takes good care of your truck, and uses very little water. Look up on YouTube or elsewhere for rinseless washing or ONR (one of the original products). Seems counterintuitive at first and many swear it will damage but it’s really very good.

OP
OP
NH Dan

NH Dan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape S , 95 Jeep YJ , 78 Fairmont 351 C
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I live in Bristol, CT; same weather you get in Nashua. I suggest only using the touch free car wash to include the under carriage in the winter months and hand wash in the warmer months.

The Maverick paint is thin (mentioned many times here) and I don't trust the regular car wash brushes and straps. Just my 2 cents.
Thanks for the input , Merry Christmas and happy holidays to you.
Sponsored