First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape S , 95 Jeep YJ , 78 Fairmont 351 C
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I use turtle wax ceramic graphene as a base coat, topped with Graphene max and last winter it lasted all season with one to two washes a week. No scratches.
Just need a good coating.
Thank you for your input
Sponsored

OP
OP
NH Dan

NH Dan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just say no to car washes. Nothing beats a good hand job 👌
Oh sweet jesus , I think I know what you mean, Have a good one

OP
OP
NH Dan

NH Dan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you care about swirls on your paint? Legitimate question as apparently many don’t. If you don’t, automatics are fine. Personally, I have been doing rinseless washes at home for a number of years. Easy, takes good care of your truck, and uses very little water. Look up on YouTube or elsewhere for rinseless washing or ONR (one of the original products). Seems counterintuitive at first and many swear it will damage but it’s really very good.
Thank you, I will educate myself on this. Merry Christmas

STUFF2C

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bunch
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wipe the front of my f150 and the maverick with a wet microfiber almost daily... yeah you'll want it when I'm done with it %)

Sponsored

OP
OP
NH Dan

NH Dan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My wife ran her CR-V through a brush car wash and it did a number on her paint. I warned her too, don't ever go through a brush car wash. My dad taught me that when I was a teenager. #1, never go through a brush car wash. #2 NEVER use the brush at a self service car wash, it's always full of sand, rocks, dirt, grime, etc. Touch-less or home wash only. Get yourself a good wash mitt and never let it hit the ground or your wheels. On top of that, get a dirt trap for your wash bucket. it lets the dirt settle at the bottom without letting your mitt pick it back up.
It is between 20 and 30 F untill April so your advise is appreciated

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you prefer not doing it yourself, maybe carry it to a reputable place that knows what their doing washing vehicles. Doesn't have to be an expensive/full pro detail. Automotive paint is not a durable nowdays and there's plenty of reports that the paint is a little thin on the Mavericks. There are several reports on this board where guy's with FX4 and First Edition trims had the labels on the side and hood taken right off in automatic car washes. Their known for causing swirls and fine scratches in the paint which looks like sh*t. If you haven't already, a good ceramic or graphene wax job would be where I suggest starting for paint protection.

StillWaiting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Buddy of mine says, "when you buy a new truck, first thing you need to do is take it out into the woods and just scratch the hell out it. It's an effing truck, not a BMW. Treat it as one."

I'm not going to go that extreme. But as I plan to drive this one until its expiration date, I'm not concerned about resale. I'll get it coated once I get it and hit it with a garden hose when need be. Otherwise, it's a truck.
I don’t think you should ever loan your truck to your friend 😂

OP
OP
NH Dan

NH Dan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Buddy of mine says, "when you buy a new truck, first thing you need to do is take it out into the woods and just scratch the hell out it. It's an effing truck, not a BMW. Treat it as one."

I'm not going to go that extreme. But as I plan to drive this one until its expiration date, I'm not concerned about resale. I'll get it coated once I get it and hit it with a garden hose when need be. Otherwise, it's a truck.
I want to make sure the salt and Byne they use up here on the roads does not eat it to pieces before the weather turns warm enough for me to give it a proper cleanse , Just saying. It looks like a touch free wash is the consensus until spring ( May 2023)

OP
OP
NH Dan

NH Dan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you prefer not doing it yourself, maybe carry it to a reputable place that knows what their doing washing vehicles. Doesn't have to be an expensive/full pro detail. Automotive paint is not a durable nowdays and there's plenty of reports that the paint is a little thin on the Mavericks. There are several reports on this board where guy's with FX4 and First Edition trims had the labels on the side and hood taken right off in automatic car washes. Their known for causing swirls and fine scratches in the paint which looks like sh*t. If you haven't already, a good ceramic or graphene wax job would be where I suggest starting for paint protection.
I never heard of ceramic coating , Is that something you have to get done or is it over the counter.
I will look into this as well, Thank you & Merry christmas

Sponsored

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I want to make sure the salt and Byne they use up here on the roads does not eat it to pieces before the weather turns warm enough for me to give it a proper cleanse , Just saying. It looks like a touch free wash is the consensus until spring ( May 2023)
Make sure it has the underbody spray to wash the salt off. ;)

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Hi all good people
We took delivery of my wife's Mav in November ( 2022 cyber Org XLT lux EB Tow pkg AWD ) and now I have to start Christmas shopping so I got some nice tailgate lettering and don't think I can include this as a Christmas present because it is stuff I want to do to the truck, I drive it on the weekends and at night during the week. I have a 28 year old wrangler that I frame up rebuilt because the frame kept coming up with required repairs so I could get a sticker, yes with leaf springs and a 4.0 lt 6 cyl 5 speed manual trans that I drive daily so it feels like a dump truck compared to the Mav. Any way I wanted to get her a pass for car washes and wanted your opinions on touch free and brush car washes. I wanted an unlimited club card but it does not include touch less washes and wondered what y'all think of car washes in general. I only ask this because I trust the good people that know the Mav is the great value that it is. The people still waiting hang on Man you are going to love it. ( Our first new car purchase )
Thanks in advance
Dan
Very simple reply…….have you ever seen the paint on most rental cars?

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I never heard of ceramic coating , Is that something you have to get done or is it over the counter.
You can have it professionaly done but it's pretty expensive, but most of the wax manufacturers have DIY versions, some paste, some spray that get excellent reviews. Check out the Turtle Wax products

https://www.turtlewax.com/products/hybrid-solutions-ceramic-graphene-ceramic-coating-car-wax

https://www.turtlewax.com/collections/wax-seal-coat/spray

OP
OP
NH Dan

NH Dan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Very simple reply…….have you ever seen the paint on most rental cars?
The reason I posted was I found the local car washes had monthly unlimited car washes if you join for 20 bucks a month but I noticed in the small print it did not include the touch free washes and I was going to get that for a Christmas present but the more I think about it it's like giving your wife a vacuum cleaner for Christmas so I will just do it on my own at the touch free until spring when I can break out the bucket. My southern brothers and sisters have it made caring for there Mav's.
I will not use a brush wash service to keep it looking good and look into ceramic coating to protect it. We are very happy we waited for the Maverick to come in
Thank you , Dan

Texchappy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 MINI Cooper S cabrio, 2014 Lincoln Navigator
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It can be either way. I’m in the process, slowly, of applying CarPro Cquartz UK 3.0 (a 2-3 year coating) on my Maverick. One of the easiest to apply of the coatings is Gyeon CanCoat Evo. Then there is the turtle wax, griot’s, etc SIO2 wax/sealant hybrids that last almost as long but don’t offer quite as much self-cleaning and chemical resistance.
Sponsored