Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yep. Interesting that the hitch is a major constraint but Ford isn't actually asking dealers to do something about it. They are focusing on the XL and the hybrid.
I am a little confused because you can't change drivetrain so what is Ford trying to say here?
Ford Maverick Maverick Scheduling on 12/15/22 -- For Production Weeks Through 2/20/23 [+ Current Constraints List] 1671033397071
Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am a little confused because you can't change drivetrain so what is Ford trying to say here?
1671033397071.png
Going theory is Ford is saying you can now change drivetrain. But until someone does, we don't know.

bighap

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
1671033397071.png
You can now change powertrains as of today apparently.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I mean, whatever confusion we thought there was before, Ford just did the ultimate "hold my beer" moment.

Who knows anything now other than allocations will be what ultimately drives anything and, as of right now, Hybrid XLs might not want to get their hopes up.

Maverstang

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata; Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I mean, whatever confusion we thought there was before, Ford just did the ultimate "hold my beer" moment.

Who knows anything now other than allocations will be what ultimately drives anything and, as of right now, Hybrid XLs might not want to get their hopes up.
Yep, it’s all down to dealer allocations, and then where you are on that particular dealer’s prioritized order backlog.

Just like it used to be. The reservation/order experiment is over at Ford Blue.

Sponsored

joewaiting

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia, Chrysler, Chevy S10
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
November 3rd.
I as well received Vin Nov 3rd. We are a close build, I want to add the remote start but worried it will
push me back? I will rely on the App to start remotely. Good luck today or Friday with those Ford messages whatever they may be?
Heading to Portage, MI Friday

Michigan Bill

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid Lux, 2017 Chevy Equinox
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I as well received Vin Nov 3rd. We are a close build, I want to add the remote start but worried it will
push me back? I will rely on the App to start remotely. Good luck today or Friday with those Ford messages whatever they may be?
Heading to Portage, MI Friday
I took off as much stuff as I could that I could get after delivery. I only added the remote start, Joe. The constraints on my MY 2022 order prevented that truck from being scheduled. I went to Priority 2 at the end of March, and never got built.

joewaiting

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia, Chrysler, Chevy S10
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I took off as much stuff as I could that I could get after delivery. I only added the remote start, Joe. The constraints on my MY 2022 order prevented that truck from being scheduled. I went to Priority 2 at the end of March, and never got built.
I was a 2 in August 2022, Removed SIBL then back to priority 10 clean but like you did not get built, I actually told my salesman I bet my rollover would be delivered after my newest 2023! order date Sept 16,2022. So far the Rollover is on track for Dec 19, 2022 build. Hope you get Vin soon.

Mjmilsted

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
6,900 cancelled VINs was the unofficial number going around with some of those never moved out of 99. So, only Ford knows.
I am one of the 6,900 cancelled vins. I originally ordered my Lariat hybrid in October 2021. Today I have no scheduled production, no vin, and a private offer to offset some of the cost increase, but it expires on January 3. Why do I feel concern that this may not turn out ok. Anybody have any advise other that sit back and wait?

Sponsored

TyPope

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tesla Model Y, 2018 Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If I understood today's memo, the place in line for 2022 orders was reset every time the order was changed. Ford says that won't happen to 2023 orders. That's good to see but may also explain why some of the 2022 "I removed constraints and still didn't get scheduled" people and the others who made changes mid-year never made it to the front of the line.

If true, that really sucks and should have been communicated to customers before they made changes.

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If I understood today's memo, the place in line for 2022 orders was reset every time the order was changed. Ford says that won't happen to 2023 orders. That's good to see but may also explain why some of the 2022 "I removed constraints and still didn't get scheduled" people and the others who made changes mid-year never made it to the front of the line.

If true, that really sucks and should have been communicated to customers before they made changes.
As I remember it, it was only trim level changes XL, XLT, Lariat that would reset your order date. Just adding an option would not.

joewaiting

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia, Chrysler, Chevy S10
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost