Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Kia Seltos S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dear Ford and Santa,

Please build my truck before I am eligible for Social Security.

That is all.

Merry Christmas. :)
Then I should get mine before you… I am on social security. 😂😂😂
Sponsored

mktmgrjrm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid, Ford Fusion Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

JimKivi

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT 4x4, Silverado, Mazda 3, Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Greetings all, at 2:00 PM Pacific time, I was informed by my dealer that they were told that thee will be NO MORE ECOBOOST 2.0 orders built this year. I was trying to change my hybrid order to EB with awd, having read that the hybrids were a 35% proposition. Huh? Dealer says that they tried to change the order, but my Ford dealer said that "they cut off production for the Ecoboost 2.0 much earlier than they had originally planned" so he dropped mudflaps and left the order otherwise as is (except I do not see the tow hitch on the revised order sheet. ) This flies in the face of all that I have heard, so would someone please confirm or dispute this information.

Xbbqpitmaster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Kia Seltos S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm almost 74 years old - hoping to get my Mav BEFORE I die!! :LOL:
Same here… not quite 74 but closing the gap rather quickly…

Sponsored

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Greetings all, at 2:00 PM Pacific time, I was informed by my dealer that they were told that thee will be NO MORE ECOBOOST 2.0 orders built this year. I was trying to change my hybrid order to EB with awd, having read that the hybrids were a 35% proposition. Huh? Dealer says that they tried to change the order, but my Ford dealer said that "they cut off production for the Ecoboost 2.0 much earlier than they had originally planned" so he dropped mudflaps and left the order otherwise as is (except I do not see the tow hitch on the revised order sheet. ) This flies in the face of all that I have heard, so would someone please confirm or dispute this information.
Only way this would be remotely possibly even partially accurate is if you squint really hard at it and take their claim of "built this year" to be the calendar year 2022. AKA: All production between now and December 31st is Hybrids.

Even if you squint really hard and take a couple shots of vodka, it still doesn't make sense.

D.Pears

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Ram 1500/Maverick ordered
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm fully expecting an email tomorrow. Actually, I'll be shocked if I don't get an email. Not a scheduled email, but my 2nd 45 day "sorry" email is due Thursday.
I wish Ford would try and break my heart with one of their: "We are thinking of you!" emails. Up here in Canada, Ford is not even that kind.
(We sit in the dark.)
Waiting on my roll over with out a sound. It is too cold for the crickets now. LOL

bighap

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They couldn't change it because Ford cut off the ability to change engines. You can only change trim levels.

AHarris67

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 EB 2.5 XLT 302A, 2004 Chevy 1500HD 4x4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was being sarcastic...I'm 55. :LOL:

The fact that a lot of 22 orders didn't get filled does not give me a lot of hope for my '23 especially since mine is full of constraints. I did check with my dealer today and I am working directly with the owner: he said he did not allow any '23 Maverick orders beyond what his allocation was. That gave me a ray of hope. I hope all of you guys and gals get your trucks. I realize many have been waiting a lot longer than me.

Last edited:

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They couldn't change it because Ford cut off the ability to change engines. You can only change trim levels.
Thank you. I didn't know where to start with that one.

Sponsored

Dos-Mavericks

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Be interesting to see if anything in the Deep South/Southeast USA is scheduled. Just have to wait and see.
I'm in Georgia and I got scheduled last week for the EB that I ordered for build week Feb 6. I'm expecting to get the apology email for the hybrid in the next few days.