2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JeepGC Overland, 2010 Tahoe
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I think your reasoning is sound. IF it was the actual hitch being the problem, A. They would have separated it from the Lux package like they did 6 other items, or B. They'd declare the whole Lux package as constraint.
Yea, that makes sense. I agree.
Sponsored

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
imho constrained doesn't mean you can't get one rather, everyone can't get one.
aka, short supply, good luck all.

OP
OP
commadorebob

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
my xlt hybrid with cp360 and hitch is scdeluded for production on Dec 8, i dont think hitch is constrained.
Constrained doesn't mean unavailable. It means the amount is limited. Hybrids are also constrained but they also schedule some every week.

All the constraints tell us is that Ford will only make so many with those features. So, the more orders that include them, the more likely it is your order is skipped.

Aman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Asif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Constrained doesn't mean unavailable. It means the amount is limited. Hybrids are also constrained but they also schedule some every week.

All the constraints tell us is that Ford will only make so many with those features. So, the more orders that include them, the more likely it is your order is skipped.
thanks

GonnaGetItOneDay

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento (sold in September)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's going to be really f@#$ed up if another month of scheduling goes by and us cancelled hybrids get passed over again because Ford set a deadline 1 day before scheduling...

Sponsored

OP
OP
commadorebob

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's going to be really f@#$ed up if another month of scheduling goes by and us cancelled hybrids get passed over again because Ford set a deadline 1 day before scheduling...
Maybe they will push scheduling to Friday. Past behavior would indicate Ford can and will do that. Especially if the migration takes longer than expected or Ford wants to ensure they are in place.

wax87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Avalon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

A reputable dealer shared on Facebook. Key constraints mainly unchanged, though it appears they are singling out a specific hitch. I'll cross reference the order guide in a bit.

FB_IMG_1669665781062.jpg
Does C1NAB mean a regular Tow Hitch or for the Tow package (4K hitch with the 7 pin connector)?

Womply

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordered XLT, Lux, Cp360. Etc.. 11/21.
Been over a year......in Sept. Rolled over to a 2023 order... we'll see. Ford has absolutely taken the excitement out of ordering a vehicle!!! Not giving up though!!!! Good luck to everyone.

Mikeetch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Alto Blue XLT Hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Well now I don't know if I should remove my hitch or not. It just seems bizarre hitches being a constrained add-on. It really shouldn't be hard for Ford to add a secondary vendor to fill the gap.

Last edited:
Sponsored
OP
OP
commadorebob

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does C1NAB mean a regular Tow Hitch or for the Tow package (4K hitch with the 7 pin connector)?
I surmised in a later post that I think this is the 4-pin add-on and not any of the hitches that are included in the packages (Lux, 4K, etc), even if it is functionally the same hitch.

jesemd

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

wax87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Avalon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I surmised in a later post that I think this is the 4-pin add-on and not any of the hitches that are included in the packages (Lux, 4K, etc), even if it is functionally the same hitch.
Bummer for me

GonnaGetItOneDay

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento (sold in September)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe they will push scheduling to Friday. Past behavior would indicate Ford can and will do that. Especially if the migration takes longer than expected or Ford wants to ensure they are in place.
I hope something like that happens 🤞🤞🙏🙈

OP
OP
commadorebob

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Bummer for me
If you ordered an EB, I wouldn't sweat it too much. Based on the numbers provided a few weeks ago, all EBs should be scheduled by end of April. If it is on a hybrid, that is a tough call. On the one hand, that hybrid will be a bigger constraint but on the other, the hitch might make the difference.

That said, Tim has even said allocations trumps all. So, even if Ford has capacity for a hybrid with a hitch, it won't matter if your dealership has no more allocations.
Sponsored