FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Two observations, either one is promising! The roof rails sit lower than the antenna, we have a couple paddle boards we would like to haul, this could be a problem. Where is the Yakima bed rack? They list the side bars and tool holder, but not the rack itself. Plus, the rack shown with the short and long side bars looks like it sits below the roofline! The rack shown with the tool carrier looks like it would work with paddle boards and may clear the antenna, but it's hard to tell. Other than the racks, the Tail Gate Assist is definitely on my list! Thanks for posting!
Look again. I don't think those are two different racks. It looks to me that it is a height adjustable rack. Base position is below the roof. Higher position is above. Not clear if max extension might be above the antenna.
Sponsored

mikitamagoo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand cherokee
yay I was waiting to see what the roof rack would look like on it. I just wonder why yakama thinks their stuff is made from gold. $700 for two cross bars yikes.....

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is the tailgate assist really just those gas charged struts you find in car trunks? If so, that's an easy 25 dollar savings by hitting up Amazon.
You can wait until the same model is on Amazon, it may save you a little. Its not just strut in the pack. It comes with the mounts the strut connects to as well, which appear to be unique to the Maverick tailgate.

Altivo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Altivo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
altivo.dreamwidth.org
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for posting that. The photos really help to visualize what these gadgets are like.

Do those fender flares actually help prevent rust? Or do they make it more likely by trapping salt and water down inside? Anyone have experience with that?

Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Another indicator that Cactus Green will an available color.
Saw Cactus Gray but not Green. What gives you that idea? Did I miss it?

Barefootdan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model Y
I wish there was a roof rack option that wouldn’t destroy the paint above the doors.

11C3035D-7ADC-4494-ACB0-F7D9D90E2B5C.jpeg
Agreed. I saved my Yakima rack with the Skyline towers that screw into pre drilled holes. Bummer

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
probably cost half as much getting it from DeeZee or other aftermarket supplier.
Someone already posted it was $50 from Ford and $35 from DeeZee.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do those fender flares actually help prevent rust? Or do they make it more likely by trapping salt and water down inside? Anyone have experience with that?
In my experience typically the latter. Usually you don't notice until the rust is creeping above the flares and/or they're falling off because the foam tape is only holding onto paint layered over rust.

Sponsored

Altivo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Altivo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
altivo.dreamwidth.org
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In my experience typically the latter. Usually you don't notice until the rust is creeping above the flares and/or they're falling off because the foam tape is only holding onto paint layered over rust.
That was my fear. They look actually useful, but may not be so. Thanks.

LITH505

First Name
Anna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Anyone know if the bed racks are compatible with tonneau covers?
this is from the build site.
Ford Maverick FORD ACCESSORIES Parts & Website for 2022 Maverick Officially Launches 🚀 92BEDBF1-0FCF-4B7D-B119-64A9EE30AE38

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Two observations, either one is promising! The roof rails sit lower than the antenna, we have a couple paddle boards we would like to haul, this could be a problem. Where is the Yakima bed rack? They list the side bars and tool holder, but not the rack itself. Plus, the rack shown with the short and long side bars looks like it sits below the roofline! The rack shown with the tool carrier looks like it would work with paddle boards and may clear the antenna, but it's hard to tell. Other than the racks, the Tail Gate Assist is definitely on my list! Thanks for posting!
I posted this on another thread, but Yakima shows the adjustable HD Rack as compatible w the Maverick. It’s just that the towers are out of stock.
Ford Maverick FORD ACCESSORIES Parts & Website for 2022 Maverick Officially Launches 🚀 1631201274743

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
That was my fear. They look actually useful, but may not be so. Thanks.
It would think it’s how well they’re designed. Most new SUVs and upper level trucks come with them. They help prevent chipping from stones etc… My BMW X5 came with them, as did my Escape and Ridgeline. No rust.

For clarification I lived in the northeast when I owned all but my Ridgeline..

I got smart and left the high-tax northeast. So no concerns about rust in SC is just icing on the cake! 😆
Sponsored