Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thanks for this. I am going to add the Perimeter Plus once I finally see my truck. Anyone have any experience?

Angry Hippo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hot Pepper Red, FX4, 4k Tow
I have a Kamp-Rite tent cot that I'm hoping will I can fit in the bed. It sets up in literally 5 minutes in my living room.

https://kamprite.com/shop/tents/tri-fold-series/kamp-rite-oversize-tent-cot/

It's about 6 feet from the leading edge to the last foot support, 7 foot total. Might be a tight squeeze. Worse comes to worse you set it up next to the truck, but I'd really like to fit it in the bed.

Already have protective film covers on hood/fenders. Seat cover for the rear and passenger side are probably going to be my first mods (doggie slobbers everywhere in the car)

Sponsored

vabchusa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford C Max SE, 2022 Maverick First Edition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have a Kamp-Rite tent cot that I'm hoping will I can fit in the bed. It sets up in literally 5 minutes in my living room.

https://kamprite.com/shop/tents/tri-fold-series/kamp-rite-oversize-tent-cot/

It's about 6 feet from the leading edge to the last foot support, 7 foot total. Might be a tight squeeze. Worse comes to worse you set it up next to the truck, but I'd really like to fit it in the bed.

Already have protective film covers on hood/fenders. Seat cover for the rear and passenger side are probably going to be my first mods (doggie slobbers everywhere in the car)
Set it up on crossbed 2x6's

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux, 4K, FX4, 360, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Viair 00088 compressor is only $89.95 from amazon. Comes in a cardboard box. The only extra you need is a longer power cord. Mine came with a 12v lighter end and I can reach all tires.

glpuckett

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick FE Rapid Red 2.5L Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thanks for this. I am going to add the Perimeter Plus once I finally see my truck. Anyone have any experience?
I have been asking for more information regarding the item! I have the Lariat Lux so it is supposed to have some type of "Perimeter" security, so I thought what is the "+" version add to what I already have. Is it just a S/W key that the dealer activates and what is it activating? Do they have to install a module or does my Lux already have the module and do I need a new key fob (mine is already a keyless) or does it integrate into the one I have? Basically I want to know if I'm paying $200+ for redundancy or does it have real value and peace of mind, OR should I just get the "Front / Rear" view camera system instead. After several attempts Ford tells me to get better answers from my dealer, my dealer says they know very little about this product, so I asked a couple of other dealers and same answer. I google searched and found a video of some guy with a Ford Transit who had the same questions and found the module already installed in his vehicle and used forscan to activate it + some setup instructions...., so I don't know and am a bit frustrated.

I spoke to Tim B. and he thinks what I have is "In the Cab" perimeter and the "+" is "Outside" the cab perimeter. That's the best answer I've gotten so far.

Sponsored

Chicago Mike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shadow Black Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the perimeter plus, took it to my dealer to get it installed and they said, well we haven't even seen a maverick yet. They took pics and said they would call me about it. That was over two weeks ago.

2cafn8d

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have the perimeter plus, took it to my dealer to get it installed and they said, well we haven't even seen a maverick yet. They took pics and said they would call me about it. That was over two weeks ago.
Oh wow. Keep us posted.

Pines Bettur

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My dealer is asking for 4 hours of labor cost for the Perimeter Plus, is this normal?

Chicago Mike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shadow Black Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
whoa...that's news to me. I saw if you order it from ford you can include installation for a lot less.
Sponsored